COMPLETE: The Common Law by Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TB27

Post by TB27 »

Hi Jo,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I was logged out of the generic librivox account earlier and still was not able to access the section compiler. It seems I can access a management dashboard page (https://librivox.org/projects/13511), but when I hit the magnifying glass under SC (https://librivox.org/section_compiler/14257), I am redirected to the no permissions page (https://librivox.org/auth/error_no_permission). :help:

I am also redirected to the no permissions page when I click the BC Admin link (https://librivox.org/section_compiler/14257) under the magic window.

Thanks for your help in advance,

TB27
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

So sorry, totally my fault. I apparently got side-tracked and never went back to add you as BC for the project after I added you as a new BC in the system. Duh. :oops: It should work fine for you now.
Jo
TB27

Post by TB27 »

Hi Jo,

Thanks and no problem! I have just updated the MW.

TB27
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

:thumbs:
Jo
rayw94

Post by rayw94 »

Hey, I'd be happy to be the DPL for this project!
TB27

Post by TB27 »

Hi Rayw94,

That would be great! Thanks for volunteering. In case you need it, this is the proof-listening thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79912

TB27
rayw94

Post by rayw94 »

Hey, here's the PL for section 1! Pretty close to perfect.

Not sure if the intro is correct because the chapter name before the librivox intro wasn't said.
42:21 stumble?
Jogabonito1

Post by Jogabonito1 »

Hi
I have just finished proof listening lecture 1 early forms of liability and everything seems to be correct.
Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)? 
Yes
Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? No
Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time. 
No
Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading? 
No
Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?) 
No the volume of the recording was good for me.
Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread? Yes
Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file? Yes

Thank you,
Andreas
rayw94

Post by rayw94 »

Hey,

Am I the DPL for this project or is Andreas doing it now? Sorry, I'm confused!
Jogabonito1

Post by Jogabonito1 »

Hi Im sorry, I did not know that someone was assigned to this already. Feel free to go over it as well.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi rayw94,

Welcome to the project. I see you are new so I have to set you up as a new prooflistener in the database before I can add you as DPL for this project. Please let me know by what name you would like to appear in the catalog. This can be your forum user name, your real name or another pseudonym. For the time being, I've put your forum name in both.

Here is a link to your catalog page.

https://librivox.org/reader/14285

If you click on the link for Reader Section Details below your username you will find a summary table showing the status of all the sections that you have signed up to read or PL in open projects.  Click on any of the thread titles in this list to navigate to the thread on the forum.

Since this will be your first project as DPL, you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can make changes in the section compiler to indicate PL status which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

If you have any questions, let me know.
Jo
rayw94

Post by rayw94 »

Hey,

just one question. I followed the instructions to get a password, but I'm a little confused about the rest? After I listen and post my notes, do I need to edit the Magic Window or do you do that? I couldn't figure out how to do it so I don't know if I even have access to that.

Thanks!

Edit- think I figured it out!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

When you log into the workflow system, you should see a table of your active projects (either as PL or reader). To edit the section compiler for a project, click on the magnifying glass icon in the column headed SC. Alternately, just click on the BC admin link under the Magic Window in the first post which will take you directly to the section compiler if you are already logged into the workflow, or to the workflow login screen and then to the section compiler if not.

As DPL, once you listen to a section, you should change the PL status - to PL OK or See PL notes as appropriate - using the dropdown menu in the section compiler. If there are edits to be made, post your PL notes in the thread as you have done for section 1. Then when the reader makes the corrections, the BC will change the status to Ready for Spot PL. You then spot check the corrections (no need to listen to the who recording again) and if its all good, change the status to PL OK.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I see you got there already! :)
Jo
TB27

Post by TB27 »

Thank you both for the PLs!