[COMPLETE] The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

First of all, I re uploaded. How is it now?
SaraHale wrote: November 27th, 2019, 11:59 am Sorry, I know that I mentioned that Abernethey fell in love with Saxe's mother but now this sentence "Saxe, the son of the miser's lover" makes it that Saxe is his illegitimate son which is not true. I feel bad about it. Could we say that Saxe's mother was his ex-student (?). I think it would be better to focus on the musical side of their relationship since the code is written in a music sheet. Sorry for troubling you!!!
Oh gosh, I did not mean to imply that! Good catch. What if that sentence reads 'Saxe, the son of a former music student of the miser,...' or is that too wordy? I was trying to include the music there but can cut it out if needed.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 12:08 pm What if that sentence reads 'Saxe, the son of a former music student of the miser,...' or is that too wordy? I was trying to include the music there but can cut it out if needed.
Perfect!!! :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

I have the final chapter uploaded. All I can say is hurrah! So all that is left is for me to correct any notes you find here or anything wrong with the corrected 25. It was a good book!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 3:35 pm I have the final chapter uploaded. All I can say is hurrah! So all that is left is for me to correct any notes you find here or anything wrong with the corrected 25. It was a good book!
It was a good book indeed. Thanks so much for your beautiful narration. :9:

Chapter 25 is PL OK :clap:

A Few PL Notes For Chapter 26:
@00m21.937s - While the left was occupied by the torch. I feel that "while" and "the" are connected together.
@00m24.507s - As yet, I hear it as "And yet"
@01m50.672s - To make the matter worse, I hear it as "worst" instead of "worse"
@04m04.063s - with infinite pains, I hear it as "plans" instead of "pains"
@04m30.030s - plight was no worse, there is an extra "s" sound that you can cut.
@09m25.410s - Please get to the edge of it, I hear "end" instead of "edge"
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 28th, 2019, 1:13 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 3:35 pm I have the final chapter uploaded. All I can say is hurrah! So all that is left is for me to correct any notes you find here or anything wrong with the corrected 25. It was a good book!
It was a good book indeed. Thanks so much for your beautiful narration. :9:

Chapter 25 is PL OK :clap:

A Few PL Notes For Chapter 26:
@00m21.937s - While the left was occupied by the torch. I feel that "while" and "the" are connected together.
@00m24.507s - As yet, I hear it as "And yet"
@01m50.672s - To make the matter worse, I hear it as "worst" instead of "worse"
@04m04.063s - with infinite pains, I hear it as "plans" instead of "pains"
@04m30.030s - plight was no worse, there is an extra "s" sound that you can cut.
@09m25.410s - Please get to the edge of it, I hear "end" instead of "edge"
Thanks! It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S., so I am busy pretty much all day. I will try to get to it tomorrow.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 28th, 2019, 8:28 am Thanks! It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S., so I am busy pretty much all day. I will try to get to it tomorrow.
You're most welcome. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you will eat lots of delicious food. 🍽️ 🍗 🥧
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 28th, 2019, 9:10 am You're most welcome. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you will eat lots of delicious food.
Well, I did eat great food, but had some stomach issues so I couldn't get much down. Aw man. But, good new is I got home earlier than expected and attempted to fix those issues you found. Seems like I was a bit careless in hopes of finishing this. And most of the notes in the first 5 minutes! Thanks for your hard work, let me know if anything else needs fixing.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 28th, 2019, 9:31 pm Well, I did eat great food, but had some stomach issues so I couldn't get much down. Aw man. But, good new is I got home earlier than expected and attempted to fix those issues you found. Seems like I was a bit careless in hopes of finishing this. And most of the notes in the first 5 minutes! Thanks for your hard work, let me know if anything else needs fixing.
I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach ache.

Well, chapter 26 is now PL OK :clap: Thanks for reading this book with me. I've enjoyed it so much. I hope we'll be able to read many good books together. :9:

Have an AWESOME night and a BEAUTIFUL morning tomorrow! :D
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Book summary update on Project Screen. Off to catalog this one.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 28th, 2019, 10:17 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 28th, 2019, 9:31 pm Well, I did eat great food, but had some stomach issues so I couldn't get much down. Aw man. But, good new is I got home earlier than expected and attempted to fix those issues you found. Seems like I was a bit careless in hopes of finishing this. And most of the notes in the first 5 minutes! Thanks for your hard work, let me know if anything else needs fixing.
I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach ache.

Well, chapter 26 is now PL OK :clap: Thanks for reading this book with me. I've enjoyed it so much. I hope we'll be able to read many good books together. :9:

Have an AWESOME night and a BEAUTIFUL morning tomorrow! :D
Thank you so much! Thanks for listening to this. I'm glad we stuck together for another book, these mysteries are fun. And yes we will read many good books. Next on the list is the in progress Raspberry Jam! Yay! Have a good day too.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

craigdav1 wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:23 am Book summary update on Project Screen. Off to catalog this one.
Thank you so much for MCing this!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 29th, 2019, 8:26 am Thank you so much! Thanks for listening to this. I'm glad we stuck together for another book, these mysteries are fun. And yes we will read many good books. Next on the list is the in progress Raspberry Jam! Yay! Have a good day too.
You're most welcome. :9: Same here! Mysteries are great. I'll do my best to finish it. I'm planning to fix the errors in the weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 29th, 2019, 11:11 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 29th, 2019, 8:26 am Thank you so much! Thanks for listening to this. I'm glad we stuck together for another book, these mysteries are fun. And yes we will read many good books. Next on the list is the in progress Raspberry Jam! Yay! Have a good day too.
You're most welcome. :9: Same here! Mysteries are great. I'll do my best to finish it. I'm planning to fix the errors in the weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
No rush, I will listen whenever! I am excited, I love when the murders happen and we can try to discover who did it.
Campbell
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-lake-mystery-by-marvin-dana/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Congrats!