[COMPLETE] The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana (1867 - 1926).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-lake-mystery-by-marvin-dana/
When an old miser dies, he leaves behind valuable gold. Naturally, many people want it. But the miser has not made it easy, hiding the gold with cryptic clues. Saxe, the son of a former music student of the miser, leads the charge to find it along with some old friends before time runs out and the money goes to the miser's blood relatives. But when an evil engineer tries to sneak in and find the gold for himself, Saxe and his crew must try to find the gold while evading the engineer. Who will find the gold first?. (Campbell Schelp)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59790
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Crime & Mystery Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Mystery, Crime, suspense, secrets, lake

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Lake Mystery. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Lake Mystery, by Marvin Dana. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Lake Mystery, by Marvin Dana. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename lakemystery_##_dana_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. lakemystery_01_dana_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: craigdav1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by lymiewithpurpose on November 27th, 2019, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

The wonderful SaraHale has kindly agreed to DPL :D
Campbell
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 9th, 2019, 7:27 am The wonderful SaraHale has kindly agreed to DPL :D
Thanks! I can't wait. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Let me know if any changes are needed.
lymiewithpurpose

Thanks so much! Will fill in the MW, and then we'll see if my new project excitement will get me to record a chapter today or tomorrow.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Ok, couldn't help myself and recorded a chapter. These next two weeks I have an extremely light work schedule and am going to try to record a decent amount. No hurry to PL. Will slow down for sure after these two weeks.

As to the book, the prologue was great. I am really liking this writing style (wordy though), and I feel like there will be a lot less chaos than the last book. This one is descriptive and hooking, I'm curious what you think.
Campbell
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving to Going Solo forum.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

I'm so sorry for the late PL. I didn't get a notification. :shock:

Brilliant recording! I really like your tone it matches the Prologue. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the book. :9:

Very minor PL note:
@01m:21.108s - a new gust beat its tattoo on the glass.
I hear "grass" instead of "glass". I don't know why. So, could you please double check it?
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:14 am Hey Campbell,

I'm so sorry for the late PL. I didn't get a notification. :shock:

Brilliant recording! I really like your tone it matches the Prologue. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the book. :9:

Very minor PL note:
@01m:21.108s - a new gust beat its tattoo on the glass.
I hear "grass" instead of "glass". I don't know why. So, could you please double check it?
How's it now? That's weird about the notifications. Hopefully they work from here on out! And I am glad you liked it, the tone is hooking and dark. I am hoping to record another section tomorrow!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:58 am How's it now? That's weird about the notifications. Hopefully they work from here on out! And I am glad you liked it, the tone is hooking and dark. I am hoping to record another section tomorrow!
It's perfect now. :clap: the notifications are working now. I forgot to check "Notify me...". Mission accomplished. :thumbs:

YAY! I'm looking forward to that. :9:

By the way, I felt that Abernethey is similar to Ebenezer Scrooge and Silas Marner. :hmm:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: July 15th, 2019, 10:24 am By the way, I felt that Abernethey is similar to Ebenezer Scrooge and Silas Marner.
Interesting thought... I didn't seem to hate him as much though. Maybe if he remains we'll see. Glad about the notifications!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 15th, 2019, 10:28 am Interesting thought... I didn't seem to hate him as much though. Maybe if he remains we'll see. Glad about the notifications!
You're right, we'll see.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Sara,
You might find the page below useful in keeping track of your LV tasks.

https://librivox.org/sections/readers/10956

DaveC
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

craigdav1 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 12:09 pm Sara,
You might find the page below useful in keeping track of your LV tasks.

https://librivox.org/sections/readers/10956

DaveC
Thanks so much, Dave! This is super helpful. :thumbs: