[COMPLETE] The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SaraHale wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:01 am I'm sorry but I'll be late with the PL. I have terrible flu and it's affecting my senses (I won't be able to focus)
Oh no, I hope you get better shortly. The flu is not fun. Take your time and get better.
SaraHale wrote: November 10th, 2019, 5:01 am What's wrong with your mic?
Well Audacity wasn't recognizing it. So it's either a mic problem or an Audacity one.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

I managed to upload another chapter. Things are heating up.

FYI, I know I haven't been uploading a lot. I may try to do some extra recording to make up for it (this has felt like its been dragging a bit for me). Just as always, no pressure to PL. Do it whenever, I really don't mind a wait at all. Especially since you aren't feeling well (I hope you're feeling better). Getting better should be your first priority.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 9th, 2019, 3:19 pm Next chapter is up. Sorry for the delay, had more Audacity problems. I think my mic might be contributing...
I'm fully cured of the flu. YAY! I've missed your narration. :9:

And I may be picky with the PL this time, sorry in advance. As always feel free to ignore them.
  • @02m52.637s - there is some sound.
  • @12m09.145s - There is a th sound between times together.
  • @21m07.633s - For a second, I thought that I heard socks instead of Saxe but @22m05.928 is clearly pronounced. Could you double-check it?
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 16th, 2019, 3:37 pm I managed to upload another chapter. Things are heating up.

FYI, I know I haven't been uploading a lot. I may try to do some extra recording to make up for it (this has felt like its been dragging a bit for me). Just as always, no pressure to PL. Do it whenever, I really don't mind a wait at all. Especially since you aren't feeling well (I hope you're feeling better). Getting better should be your first priority.
It sure is. Chapter 19 is PL OK :clap:. You know I always look forward to listening to your narration. And I felt so bad that I couldn't PL last week. So, if you want to record more, I'll make sure to PL as quickly as I can.

Please take care of yourself as well. :D
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 17th, 2019, 1:30 pm I'm fully cured of the flu. YAY! I've missed your narration.
I'm so glad! I sympathize for you. My health disease has flu-like symptoms. Pretty much it is like a chronic and exaggerated flu. I know it is not fun to deal with.
SaraHale wrote: November 17th, 2019, 1:30 pm And I may be picky with the PL this time, sorry in advance. As always feel free to ignore them.
@02m52.637s - there is some sound.
@12m09.145s - There is a th sound between times together.
@21m07.633s - For a second, I thought that I heard socks instead of Saxe but @22m05.928 is clearly pronounced. Could you double-check it?
I will get to it this afternoon. Thank you for being picky, I appreciate it. And let me just say it is more difficult than you'd expect to say Saxe. I'm sure it's wrong where you caught it. That is the word I most commonly need to repeat.
SaraHale wrote: November 17th, 2019, 2:05 pm And I felt so bad that I couldn't PL last week. So, if you want to record more, I'll make sure to PL as quickly as I can.
Don't feel bad, like I said, I totally get what it feels like and know how hard this can be. And I really am on no time rush, I just set goals for myself to keep me going. I can wait however long to get a PL. But, speaking of recording more, I just finished the next action filled chapter and will be uploading shortly.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Got that next chapter up. A lot can happen in one night... and it ends on a bit of a cliff hanger... Anyways, as normal, no rush.

I will try to fix those notes shortly (before we have a party at our house).
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

And I looked at those notes. I fixed two of them, but not the one in the middle. It was a good catch, but sounds like a weird s to me. I'm going to leave it so I don't risk bad editing.

EDIT: I passed my test that I needed to pass! Yay! I guess hard work pays off.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

In the spirit of recording more, I have uploaded another chapter (no rush). We revisit the idea of person X.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm And I looked at those notes. I fixed two of them, but not the one in the middle. It was a good catch, but sounds like a weird s to me. I'm going to leave it so I don't risk bad editing.

EDIT: I passed my test that I needed to pass! Yay! I guess hard work pays off.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

About Chapter 18, I don't hear any difference from the previous recording. I've downloaded it twice but I get the same first recording, why?

I'll listen to the other chapters right now.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 19th, 2019, 5:34 pm In the spirit of recording more, I have uploaded another chapter (no rush). We revisit the idea of person X.
Chapter 20 and 21 are PL OK :clap:

I never thought that it would be Chris. Interesting to find that out.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 20th, 2019, 11:14 am CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
Thanks! I am very relieved I am done.
SaraHale wrote: November 20th, 2019, 11:14 am About Chapter 18, I don't hear any difference from the previous recording. I've downloaded it twice but I get the same first recording, why?
That is so bizarre. I remember fixing it but can't seem to find it. I re fixed it, do you get it now?
SaraHale wrote: November 20th, 2019, 12:32 pm I never thought that it would be Chris. Interesting to find that out.
And then there's me who had forgotten Chris was a person... I can't wait to see what more brings.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 20th, 2019, 3:53 pm That is so bizarre. I remember fixing it but can't seem to find it. I re fixed it, do you get it now?
Yes, I've got it now and it's PL OK :clap:
lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 20th, 2019, 3:53 pm And then there's me who had forgotten Chris was a person... I can't wait to see what more brings.
You weren't alone on that. :oops: When Chris was mentioned, I thought "Who is he? I don't remember there was a person named Chris in the book." then I found out that it's the butler/servant of Margaret.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 4:47 am You weren't alone on that. When Chris was mentioned, I thought "Who is he? I don't remember there was a person named Chris in the book." then I found out that it's the butler/servant of Margaret.
Oh wow, thanks for saying that! For some reason I thought it was her dad. While I'm glad to know who it is, I am a bit disappointed that it was someone so small. I feel like they built it up a lot for it to come to nothing.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 8:09 am I am a bit disappointed that it was someone so small. I feel like they built it up a lot for it to come to nothing.
Same here! I thought X would be another villain. But it just turned out to be just Chris. I hope the ending would be good.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 8:15 am I hope the ending would be good.
I really hope so! We'll see.
Campbell