[COMPLETE] The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I got another chapter up. All I can say is yay!

By the way, I have started PLing the chapter you uploaded in your solo. I think I have mentioned that I break it up into pieces. I will probably finish tomorrow.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

My second for the weekend is up. My reaction: oh no!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Another one is up. Sorry for not warning you, but I have the week off and may splurge to finish the first recordings of the remaining chapters. No rush.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 25th, 2019, 12:06 pm Another one is up. Sorry for not warning you, but I have the week off and may splurge to finish the first recordings of the remaining chapters. No rush.
That's okay! I'll listen to it as soon as possible. I'm listening to chapter 22 now. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 4:58 pm I got another chapter up. All I can say is yay!
Yay, indeed! My heart fell for a second thinking that Masters succeeded in taking the gold. I'm so glad to find out that Saxe did find it at last. :clap:

Minor PL Notes for Chapter 22:
@01m:30.958s - and his little dull eyes. Could you please double-check the word "dull"? I hear it slightly different from this https://howjsay.com/search?word=dull

@08m:18.439s - at a point which. I hear "as" instead of "at"

Other than that, it's a brilliant narration as always. :9: I'll listen to chapter 23 shortly.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 24th, 2019, 6:02 pm My second for the weekend is up. My reaction: oh no!
Everything was going very well in chapter 22. What happened? :shock: Do you think they will be okay? I guess I've to PL the next chapter ASAP to find out.

Very Minor PL Notes for Chapter 23:
@14m22.576 - Then, of a sudden, his eyes fell on. There is a buzzing sound.

Good night! :9:
lymiewithpurpose

Did my best to fix 22, let me know what you think.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Also did 23. There is a slight crackling I heard, but I could do nothing about it. My mic is acting weird, I am hoping to limp along to the end of this.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

Chapters 23-24 are PL OK :clap:

I hope Saxe and his friends to survive and live. The good thing is that Masters is finally dead.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 26th, 2019, 11:16 pm I hope Saxe and his friends to survive and live.
I hope so too! We'll see.
SaraHale wrote: November 26th, 2019, 11:16 pm The good thing is that Masters is finally dead.
I hope so. I have a sneaking suspicion he may still show up. But there are only two chapters left...
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

I got another chapter up, yay! One more to go...

Meanwhile, I wrote a draft of the summary. Do you think this is accurate?

When an old miser dies, he leaves behind valuable gold. Naturally, many people want it. But the miser has not made it easy, hiding the gold with cryptic clues. His nephew, Saxe, leads the charge to find it along with some old friends. But when an evil engineer tries to sneak in and find the gold for himself, Saxe and his crew must try to find the gold while evading the engineer. Who will find the gold first?
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 10:55 am I got another chapter up, yay! One more to go...

Meanwhile, I wrote a draft of the summary. Do you think this is accurate?

When an old miser dies, he leaves behind valuable gold. Naturally, many people want it. But the miser has not made it easy, hiding the gold with cryptic clues. His nephew, Saxe, leads the charge to find it along with some old friends. But when an evil engineer tries to sneak in and find the gold for himself, Saxe and his crew must try to find the gold while evading the engineer. Who will find the gold first?
A new chapter, YAY! I'll listen to it right away. Perfect timing, I was looking for something fun to do. :D

I like the summary. :thumbs: I didn't know that Saxe's is Abernethey's nephew. I thought Margaret is his close relation. From what I understood from the story is that Abernethey fell in love with Saxe's mother. And since Saxe's is also musical decided to give him a chance to inherit his money but if he failed it will go to Margaret. :hmm:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 10:55 am I got another chapter up, yay! One more to go...
Hey Campbell,

Thank you for the wonderful narration. I look forward to listening to the happy-ending (I hope there is one).

Very Minor PL Notes for Chapter 25:
@11m:22.429s - potent of human emotions. Could you please double-check "potent"? I hear it differently on this website: https://howjsay.com/search?word=potent
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: November 27th, 2019, 11:07 am I like the summary. I didn't know that Saxe's is Abernethey's nephew. I thought Margaret is his close relation. From what I understood from the story is that Abernethey fell in love with Saxe's mother. And since Saxe's is also musical decided to give him a chance to inherit his money but if he failed it will go to Margaret.
Shoot, for some reason I had it in my head that they were related. Thanks for remembering so much (I did go back and look at the story and you are right). Made a few tweaks. How's this:

When an old miser dies, he leaves behind valuable gold. Naturally, many people want it. But the miser has not made it easy, hiding the gold with cryptic clues. Saxe, the son of the miser's lover, leads the charge to find it along with some old friends before time runs out and the money goes to the miser's blood relatives. But when an evil engineer tries to sneak in and find the gold for himself, Saxe and his crew must try to find the gold while evading the engineer. Who will find the gold first?

EDIT: I will get to the notes shortly!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 11:41 am Shoot, for some reason I had it in my head that they were related. Thanks for remembering so much (I did go back and look at the story and you are right).
I'm always happy to help.
lymiewithpurpose wrote: November 27th, 2019, 11:41 am Made a few tweaks. How's this:

When an old miser dies, he leaves behind valuable gold. Naturally, many people want it. But the miser has not made it easy, hiding the gold with cryptic clues. Saxe, the son of the miser's lover, leads the charge to find it along with some old friends before time runs out and the money goes to the miser's blood relatives. But when an evil engineer tries to sneak in and find the gold for himself, Saxe and his crew must try to find the gold while evading the engineer. Who will find the gold first?

EDIT: I will get to the notes shortly!
Sorry, I know that I mentioned that Abernethey fell in love with Saxe's mother but now this sentence "Saxe, the son of the miser's lover" makes it that Saxe is his illegitimate son which is not true. I feel bad about it. Could we say that Saxe's mother was his ex-student (?). I think it would be better to focus on the musical side of their relationship since the code is written in a music sheet. Sorry for troubling you!!! :cry: