COMPLETE: Short Nonfiction Collection, Vol. 067 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
soupy
Posts: 3285
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by soupy » July 19th, 2019, 4:32 am

I tried again to pronounce "EDWARD M. Thomas".

That was a great edit :D PLOK :thumbs:

Craig

Piotrek81
Posts: 3608
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » July 20th, 2019, 2:35 am

Hello :) I read the note in the first post but I would like further clarification as to what can be read for this collection, namely could I read a self-contained chapter from a longer non-fiction book? (For example a chapter of a book about Famous Explorers focusing on a particular discovery) or do you prefer to avoid that?
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 20th, 2019, 4:18 am

Piotrek81 wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 2:35 am
Hello :) I read the note in the first post but I would like further clarification as to what can be read for this collection, namely could I read a self-contained chapter from a longer non-fiction book? (For example a chapter of a book about Famous Explorers focusing on a particular discovery) or do you prefer to avoid that?
Hi Piotrek81, A self-contained chapter from a longer nonfiction book would be welcome at the Nonfiction Collection. Famous explorers are an ideal topic. As an instance, pschempf just read a chapter from a book about the explorer Sven Hedin, In the Land of the Wild Yak, for Vol. 066.

Piotrek81
Posts: 3608
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » July 20th, 2019, 4:35 am

Thank you for your answer. I'll submit something to this collection later on. There are too many cases of interesting chapters that made me think "Do I really have to read the whole book just to have this one piece recorded?" :)
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 20th, 2019, 6:28 am

Piotrek81 wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 4:35 am
There are too many cases of interesting chapters that made me think "Do I really have to read the whole book just to have this one piece recorded?" :)
With this sentiment I thoroughly agree! :)

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16815
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » July 20th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Here is the second part of Ramanujan's Obituary by

E. H. Neville (I have entered him to the database)
From Science, vol. 106. 20. Jan. 1921
https://archive.org/details/paper-doi-10_1038_106661b0

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf067_ramanujan2_neville_ava_128kb.mp3
10:31

Thank you Sue! :clap:

I have slightly changed the file name on the uploader of the first part by Hardy, so that the files sort correctly both on title and on filename. Sorry to intrude... :oops:
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 20th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Availle wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 5:06 pm
Here is the second part of Ramanujan's Obituary by

E. H. Neville (I have entered him to the database)
From Science, vol. 106. 20. Jan. 1921
https://archive.org/details/paper-doi-10_1038_106661b0

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf067_ramanujan2_neville_ava_128kb.mp3
10:31

Thank you Sue! :clap:
Thanks, Ava! :)
Availle wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 5:06 pm

I have slightly changed the file name on the uploader of the first part by Hardy, so that the files sort correctly both on title and on filename. Sorry to intrude... :oops:
Thanks, again! I wouldn't call what you did an "intrusion;" rather the action of a person with an orderly mind-- the mathematician that you are thinking things through for the general good. I approve and appreciate! :)

Anitazz
Posts: 173
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » July 20th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Here is an essay about the Titanic. Let me know if you need modifcations. Thanks!! Anita


Essay: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf067_thetitanic_hubbard_asm_128kb.mp3
From: https://archive.org/details/ElbertHubbardTheTitanic
Title: The Titanic
Author: Elbert Hubbard
Length: 17:47

Enjoy!
Anita

NicholiVolta
Posts: 35
Joined: July 3rd, 2019, 4:28 pm

Post by NicholiVolta » July 21st, 2019, 2:18 am


Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 21st, 2019, 4:35 am

Anitazz wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Here is an essay about the Titanic. Let me know if you need modifcations. Thanks!! Anita

Title: The Titanic
Author: Elbert Hubbard
Length: 17:47

Enjoy!
Anita
Thanks, Anitazz! :)

Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 21st, 2019, 4:36 am

NicholiVolta wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 2:18 am
Help for the Hard Times
George Washington Carver
Thanks, NicholiVolta! :)

soupy
Posts: 3285
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by soupy » July 21st, 2019, 5:24 am

I'm goiong on vacation today Sue.

I'll get to these as time permits :D

Craig

Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 21st, 2019, 8:01 am

soupy wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 5:24 am
I'm goiong on vacation today Sue.

I'll get to these as time permits :D

Craig
Craig, I'll take over PLing until you get back! Have a great time on your vacation! :D

Sue Anderson
Posts: 3728
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 11:48 am
Location: Midwest, USA
Contact:

Post by Sue Anderson » July 21st, 2019, 8:59 am

Anitazz wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Here is an essay about the Titanic. Let me know if you need modifcations. Thanks!! Anita


Essay: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf067_thetitanic_hubbard_asm_128kb.mp3
From: https://archive.org/details/ElbertHubbardTheTitanic
Title: The Titanic
Author: Elbert Hubbard
Length: 17:47

Enjoy!
Anita
Hi Anita, Your reading is PL OK! :) You very ably conveyed the pathos which Hubbard so vividly projects in his tribute to those who went down with the Titanic! :) I see from Wikipedia, that Hubbard and his wife tragically perished at sea themselves in the sinking of the Lusitania in 1915.

Anitazz
Posts: 173
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » July 21st, 2019, 9:13 am

Sue Anderson wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 8:59 am
Anitazz wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Here is an essay about the Titanic. Let me know if you need modifcations. Thanks!! Anita


Essay: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf067_thetitanic_hubbard_asm_128kb.mp3
From: https://archive.org/details/ElbertHubbardTheTitanic
Title: The Titanic
Author: Elbert Hubbard
Length: 17:47

Enjoy!
Anita
Hi Anita, Your reading is PL OK! :) You very ably conveyed the pathos which Hubbard so vividly projects in his tribute to those who went down with the Titanic! :) I see from Wikipedia, that Hubbard and his wife tragically perished at sea themselves in the sinking of the Lusitania in 1915.
Oh, wow! I didn't know that about Hubbard! What a coincidence! Thanks for sharing that with me! Anita

Post Reply