[COMPLETE][DR] The History of Emily Montague Vol II by Frances Moore Brooke - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you Grace. MW updated, ready for PL. Kevin will get to it as soon as he has time :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excdellent, this project is progressing nicely now :9: thank you. If both sections are ok, then those two chapters can get stitched together. 8-)

Kevin, will you be doing the editing or should I do it ? Since Elsie gave up the job I guess one of us has to do it, or we have to advertise for help from outside.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: November 17th, 2019, 12:15 pm
excdellent, this project is progressing nicely now :9: thank you. If both sections are ok, then those two chapters can get stitched together. 8-)

Kevin, will you be doing the editing or should I do it ? Since Elsie gave up the job I guess one of us has to do it, or we have to advertise for help from outside.

Sonia
They look like easier edits than a play provides, so I'll be happy to give it a go. If I have trouble, I'll let you know! Listen for the 'Hellllppp!'
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay, I wanted to start working but have no idea what is going on here. (I admit it.)

How do I tell when a chapter (?) is ready to be edited together? Is a 'section' a chapter?

Don't worry. Once I see how this is arranged, I don't think the editing will be a problem.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: November 17th, 2019, 3:32 pmOkay, I wanted to start working but have no idea what is going on here. (I admit it.)
How do I tell when a chapter (?) is ready to be edited together? Is a 'section' a chapter?
Don't worry. Once I see how this is arranged, I don't think the editing will be a problem.
well first you need to PL the three outstanding sections.
Then you'll see that all the letters for "Section 1: Letters 55-64" and "Section 2: Letters 65-74" are in and those get downloaded from the MW and stitched together.
For "Section 1" these are the current sections 14, 15, 16 and 17 (last one still needs PL).
For "Section 2" they are the sections 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 (last 2 still need PL).
I think the way the MW is arranged is quite organized and should be easy to deal with. :)

If you edit them into one file, I'll do the final PL for the finished section. Thanks

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: November 18th, 2019, 12:25 am
KevinS wrote: November 17th, 2019, 3:32 pmOkay, I wanted to start working but have no idea what is going on here. (I admit it.)
well first you need to PL the three outstanding sections.
Then you'll see that all the letters for "Section 1: Letters 55-64" and "Section 2: Letters 65-74" are in and those get downloaded from the MW and stitched together.
For "Section 1" these are the current sections 14, 15, 16 and 17 (last one still needs PL).
For "Section 2" they are the sections 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 (last 2 still need PL).
I think the way the MW is arranged is quite organized and should be easy to deal with. :)

If you edit them into one file, I'll do the final PL for the finished section. Thanks

Sonia
I think I can handle that!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay, Chapter/Section 1 is stitched together in a rough way.

I have just a few more questions.

I assume we run the 'read by' credits at the beginning of each chapter/section. Do you want them in any particular order? Alpha order? Order of appearance?

It's possible, too, that you want all the 'read by' credits run at the very beginning and leave it at that?

And do we have a narrator to do the intros and outros?

I hope I'm not making this complicated, but I think these are reasonable questions.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: November 18th, 2019, 9:39 amI assume we run the 'read by' credits at the beginning of each chapter/section. Do you want them in any particular order? Alpha order? Order of appearance?
It's possible, too, that you want all the 'read by' credits run at the very beginning and leave it at that?
yes I think maybe it's best to read them in order of appearance for each section
And do we have a narrator to do the intros and outros?
:shock: you mean to say nobody said the intro/outro ? :? Ok we definitely need that as well. I wasn't being diligent enough when I set this up, my mistake. Elsie was too new to know this. We need a narrator. Ok I'll put myself up to the task, it's probably easiest. I'll hand in the intros/outros as fast as possible.

Better late than never ;) Thanks for notifying me Kevin. Hold off uploading until I have the intros ready.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right here is a go at section 1. I think this is all you need. I speak the intro, then after "Cast list" you could insert all the voice credits for section 1 letters, adding me last as narrated by" Then I say all the letter numbers, and after that you can paste in each letter. At the end there's the outro. I think that's all we need.

Let me know if this works for you. :) Then I'll do the others as well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/emilymontague2_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:09 min.

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: November 18th, 2019, 10:00 am all right here is a go at section 1. I think this is all you need. I speak the intro, then after "Cast list" you could insert all the voice credits for section 1 letters, adding me last as narrated by" Then I say all the letter numbers, and after that you can paste in each letter. At the end there's the outro. I think that's all we need.

Let me know if this works for you. :) Then I'll do the others as well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/emilymontague2_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:09 min.

Sonia
I think this will work well.

No need for you to rush with the narration. I would suggest you wait until I finish the entire section and then you can see if I'm doing well or not.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: November 18th, 2019, 10:05 am No need for you to rush with the narration. I would suggest you wait until I finish the entire section and then you can see if I'm doing well or not.
yes I will, I am currently recording another role. I just wanted to give you section 1 quickly, so you can finish this part. I'll listen to it all once it's in the MW

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 1 ready for PL. Don't be hesitant to criticize.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/emilymontague_section01_128kb.mp3

27:42
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: November 18th, 2019, 12:44 pm Section 1 ready for PL. Don't be hesitant to criticize.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/emilymontague_section01_128kb.mp3
27:42
it sounds very good all in all :clap: good job, Kevin and all the readers.

I would only shorten the pauses between the different letters to under 2 seconds. It feels too long for a listener to wait for the continuation. Between 1.5 to maximum 2 seconds is fully enough between the letters. Could you shorten each of these spots please ? Start from the last letter, so you find the time stamps easily ;)

> at 6:35, 9:22, 16:02, 17:25, 18:28, 20:56, 22:47, 25:25
> at the end you leave 10 seconds of silence, please cut down to the standard 5
> correct filenaming for finished sections: emilymontague2_1_brooke_128kb

thanks !

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

All easy to do. I'm on it!