COMPLETE [LEGENDS] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 11 - kik

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
abhat

Post by abhat »

Thanks Paul. I forgot to reply to your volume suggestion, I hope section 14 was ok? If not I will try to keep that in mind when mastering the rest of the sections if I ever get to finish them. :roll:

Hi Foon,

I still haven't finished the remaining sections. Can I get one more extension please? :help:

Thanks,
Aparna
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Aparna...

The volume was OK last time - there's a section approval message at viewtopic.php?p=1634199#p1634199 and it's marked as PL OK in the MW.

Don't worry about asking for extensions - the main reason for setting fixed dates is that on a site like this people disappear without notice (maybe they lose interest or fall seriously ill). If you have to extend a date it reassures us that you're still there and still engaged with the project.

Cheers,
Paul
abhat

Post by abhat »

Thanks, Paul.

Hopefully I would be able to finish these sections soon. :)
AdorableBookworm

Post by AdorableBookworm »

Hello,

First time recorder... may I please claim section 51?

I'd like the name stated to be Lisa Stump.

Thank you!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

AdorableBookworm wrote: November 1st, 2019, 5:39 pm First time recorder... may I please claim section 51?
Hi Lisa...

Thanks for volunteering! Before you start reading, we like new volunteers to complete what's known as the "1-minute test" (though it's usually shorter than that) - this checks your technical setup and that you can produce audio files compatible with the LibriVox machinery.

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

When you've uploaded that, someone will check it and make sure that you're good to go. If you want to speed that discovery process up, drop a note on this thread and I'll take a look for you.

Cheers,
Paul
AdorableBookworm

Thanks, Paul! It's all done. Hopefully it's alright.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77054
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Lisa...

I've responded on the other thread, but just to confirm that the bit rate, volume etc are all good - the only issue is combining the stereo tracks into a mono. Do that, upload the replacement as before and I'll do a double-check that you're good to start.

Cheers,
Paul
AdorableBookworm

Thanks, Paul! I changed it to mono and cleaned up the background noise. I posted the new file. Thanks for the feedback!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Lisa...

That's great - there's no technical reason not to be able to read now.

There's one small issue about allocating you the section you asked for - only the Book Co-ordinator (Foon) can do that and she's not logged in for a while having displayed a signature message that real life is rather busy at the moment. I've put a note into the initial post on this thread to mark it as yours, but she's the only one that can actually set that up.

What I'd suggest is that you crack on with reading that section anyway and we sort out the admin side when Foon gets back. The reading and editing are the slow parts of the chain anyway.

Cheers,
Paul
AdorableBookworm

Great, thanks so much for your help! I will get on that, and let you guys worry about the admin side of things. :thumbs:
AdorableBookworm

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I'd like to take 32, 33, and 34
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Lynette...
LCaulkins wrote: November 7th, 2019, 12:02 pm I'd like to take 32, 33, and 34
I've made a note in the MW that you've requested these. Our BC hasn't logged in for a few days and she's the only one that can formally assign these to you, but I can't see any reason that she wouldn't when she gets back.

Cheers,
Paul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Lisa...

Section 51 is great. There's just one small fix that needs to be made - the silence at the beginning before you start talking should be 0.5-1 second long. If you could trim about half a second off the start and upload it again then that would be in the bag.

Cheers,
Paul
AdorableBookworm

Thanks, Paul! Here's the newest version with the shorter front end silence.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannightsvolume11_51_anonymous_128kb.mp3