COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hello again,
In Chapter 4, there is a little problem with the doc that I'm confused with. It's on the very top of page 2

It says:

WARREN LEVERETT: "Well, I am rather glad I wasn't; I shall have the longer to live. But grandfather and ever so many relatives were, and father knows all about it. I am proud, too, of having been named for General Warren."

WARREN LEVERETT: "And down there near the bay is Fort Hill. Boston wasn't built on seven hills like Rome, and though there are acres and acres of low ground, we are not likely to be overflowed, unless the Atlantic Ocean should rise and sweep us out of existence. And there is the old burying ground, full of queer names and curious epitaphs."

Are those both my lines and there isn't a break? Or was it wrongly assigned as someone's lines? Nobody else talks between these lines.

Thank you
Elijah
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 2:54 pm Hello again,
In Chapter 4, there is a little problem with the doc that I'm confused with. It's on the very top of page 2

It says:

WARREN LEVERETT: "Well, I am rather glad I wasn't; I shall have the longer to live. But grandfather and ever so many relatives were, and father knows all about it. I am proud, too, of having been named for General Warren."

WARREN LEVERETT: "And down there near the bay is Fort Hill. Boston wasn't built on seven hills like Rome, and though there are acres and acres of low ground, we are not likely to be overflowed, unless the Atlantic Ocean should rise and sweep us out of existence. And there is the old burying ground, full of queer names and curious epitaphs."

Are those both my lines and there isn't a break? Or was it wrongly assigned as someone's lines? Nobody else talks between these lines.

Thank you
Elijah
I looked at the original text and I just can't tell! Help will come soon, though.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Thank you for catching that! The first line is meant for Betty Leverett but the second is yours. I fixed the google doc. :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 1st, 2019, 6:48 am Elizabeth Manning PL OK for both chapters :thumbs:
Yay! Thanks!
Betsy in Santa Fe
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: July 1st, 2019, 3:16 pm I looked at the original text and I just can't tell! Help will come soon, though.
I know, I couldn't figure it out either.
elsieselwyn wrote: July 1st, 2019, 3:25 pm Thank you for catching that! The first line is meant for Betty Leverett but the second is yours. I fixed the google doc. :)
Awesome, thank you so much!
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Hi! I'd like to claim Mrs. Manning, Mrs. Hollis, and Miranda, please.

Thanks--
Anita

Oh! Questions on 2 of Mrs. Manning's lines. In Chapter 16, the line begins with the narrator and ends with Mrs. Manning:

But the greetings were cordial, only Mrs. Manning asked Betty
MRS. MANNING: "If she had been waiting for someone to come and show her the way?"

Is that how you want the line to read? and in chapter 23, similar concern:

An invitation to go to Paris was not to be lightly declined then, any more than it would be now. Mrs. Manning did not see
MRS. MANNING: "how Betty could leave mother for so long,"
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Anitazz wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 8:27 am Hi! I'd like to claim Mrs. Manning, Mrs. Hollis, and Miranda, please.

Thanks--
Anita

Oh! Questions on 2 of Mrs. Manning's lines. In Chapter 16, the line begins with the narrator and ends with Mrs. Manning:

But the greetings were cordial, only Mrs. Manning asked Betty
MRS. MANNING: "If she had been waiting for someone to come and show her the way?"

Is that how you want the line to read? and in chapter 23, similar concern:

An invitation to go to Paris was not to be lightly declined then, any more than it would be now. Mrs. Manning did not see
MRS. MANNING: "how Betty could leave mother for so long,"
Yes - I do want you to read the line set out for Mrs. Manning there because while it is right after the narrator, I think because she is being quoted, the author wanted the reader to imagine it in her voice. Anyway, I'll put your claims in the MW :D
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Submitting Mercy Leverett chapter 21 duration 00:14

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_MercyLeverett_21_128kb.mp3

~B
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

BLNEW wrote: July 4th, 2019, 1:29 pm Submitting Mercy Leverett chapter 21 duration 00:14

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_MercyLeverett_21_128kb.mp3

~B
Thank you! PL OK :thumbs:
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Hi! I see a possible problem (not huge). I volunteered for both Mrs Hollis and Mrs. Manning and it looked like there were no overlapping chapters. However, I was checking the text in Chapter 13 and came across:

MRS. MANNING: "I dare say if the truth was known, her mother died of consumption. And that great mop of hair is enough to take the strength out of any child. I wouldn't have it on Bessy's head for an hour,"
NARRATOR: declared Mrs. Hollis.

Going back to the book, it seems that this was a line spoken by Mrs. Hollis. If you want me to include it with Mrs. Hollis, then I'm afraid I need to withdraw from Mrs. Manning (or vice versa).

Let me know!
Thanks-- Anita
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Anitazz wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:06 am Hi! I see a possible problem (not huge). I volunteered for both Mrs Hollis and Mrs. Manning and it looked like there were no overlapping chapters. However, I was checking the text in Chapter 13 and came across:

MRS. MANNING: "I dare say if the truth was known, her mother died of consumption. And that great mop of hair is enough to take the strength out of any child. I wouldn't have it on Bessy's head for an hour,"
NARRATOR: declared Mrs. Hollis.

Going back to the book, it seems that this was a line spoken by Mrs. Hollis. If you want me to include it with Mrs. Hollis, then I'm afraid I need to withdraw from Mrs. Manning (or vice versa).

Let me know!
Thanks-- Anita
Oh thank you for telling about that error on my part! I have fixed it in the google doc. That line is indeed for Mrs. Hollis. Which part do you want to keep - Mrs Manning or Mrs. Hollis? Do you want another role to make up for the role that you can’t do? :D
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Sure! I suppose I'd rather have Mrs. Manning, so let's have someone else take Mrs. Hollis. I can pick up Grandmother, too. Thanks--

Anita
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Anitazz wrote: July 5th, 2019, 9:49 am Sure! I suppose I'd rather have Mrs. Manning, so let's have someone else take Mrs. Hollis. I can pick up Grandmother, too. Thanks--

Anita
Alrighty! :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Anitazz wrote: July 6th, 2019, 9:35 am I've uploaded the parts of Grandmother, Miranda, and Mrs. Manning:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_grandmother_09_128kb.mp3 (0:19)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_miranda_12_128kb.mp3 (0:15)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrsmanning_13_128kb.mp3 (1:23)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrsmanning_16_128kb.mp3 (1:09)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrsmanning_17_128kb.mp3 (3:15)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrsmanning_18_128kb.mp3 (0:21)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrsmanning_23_128kb.mp3 (0:15)

I noticed that section 62 in the MW which lists the characters in Chapter 12 is missing Miranda. Let me know if you need me to re-record anything.
Anita
Thank you - I put Miranda in Chapter 12. Also, all your sections are PL OK :thumbs: