COMPLETE [group] Science in Short Chapters by W. Mattieu Williams - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 5889
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 29th, 2020, 12:24 pm

AndrewH wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 10:47 pm
Hello! What a great find. I'd love to do 39: Travertine. This will be my first official contribution. Please identify me as Andrew Howley.
I'll mark you down for it. Thank you. I do recommend that you complete the one-minute test, however, before starting this recording.

AndrewH
Posts: 14
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:21 am

Post by AndrewH » January 30th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Awesome, thank you. My 1-minute test is done and posted here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78048

AndrewH
Posts: 14
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:21 am

Post by AndrewH » January 31st, 2020, 12:06 am

And here's first go of an actual! File duration: 09:35 https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_39_williams_128kb.mp3

KevinS
Posts: 5889
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 31st, 2020, 8:16 am

AndrewH wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 12:06 am
And here's first go of an actual! File duration: 09:35 https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_39_williams_128kb.mp3
Thank you!

AndrewH
Posts: 14
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:21 am

Post by AndrewH » January 31st, 2020, 8:35 am

It looks like 38 will finish this off! Happy to take that one too.

KevinS
Posts: 5889
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 31st, 2020, 10:30 am

AndrewH wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 8:35 am
It looks like 38 will finish this off! Happy to take that one too.
That would be great! Thank you!

KevinS
Posts: 5889
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 31st, 2020, 5:48 pm

AndrewH wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 12:06 am
And here's first go of an actual! File duration: 09:35 https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_39_williams_128kb.mp3
Great reading. I only need to ask that in the future you shorten the opening silence to no more than 1 second and that the closing silence by given a full 5 seconds.

PL OK! (as you are so close to these above criteria.)

AndrewH
Posts: 14
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:21 am

Post by AndrewH » January 31st, 2020, 9:19 pm

Awesome, thank you and will do going forward.

AndrewH
Posts: 14
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:21 am

Post by AndrewH » February 1st, 2020, 11:25 am

Ch 38, ready for review: 11:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_38_williams_128kb.mp3

I also read up a little on our author, and found that this Thursday will be the 200th anniversary of his birth: Feb 6, 1820. Happy WMW Day, folks.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5848
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » February 2nd, 2020, 4:50 am

Andrew, Kevin - thank you both very much!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

KevinS
Posts: 5889
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 2nd, 2020, 2:29 pm

AndrewH wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:25 am
Ch 38, ready for review: 11:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_38_williams_128kb.mp3

I also read up a little on our author, and found that this Thursday will be the 200th anniversary of his birth: Feb 6, 1820. Happy WMW Day, folks.
PL OK!

I wonder if we'll be done with this project for the author's birthday.

AndrewH
Posts: 14
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:21 am

Post by AndrewH » February 3rd, 2020, 12:46 pm

Awesome, thanks Kevin and you’re welcome Kiki. This was fun to read.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5848
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » February 3rd, 2020, 12:55 pm

KevinS wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:29 pm


I wonder if we'll be done with this project for the author's birthday.
We'll see... I PMed the reader of the last remaining section.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

ke126
Posts: 56
Joined: February 11th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by ke126 » February 10th, 2020, 2:52 pm

uploaded chapter/section 12!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_12_williams_128kb.mp3

duration 21:58


- Kristin

KevinS
Posts: 5889
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 10th, 2020, 3:08 pm

ke126 wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 2:52 pm
uploaded chapter/section 12!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_12_williams_128kb.mp3

duration 21:58


- Kristin
Thank you!

Post Reply