COMPLETE [group] Science in Short Chapters by W. Mattieu Williams - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hlakatos

Post by hlakatos »

Kikisaulite wrote: June 19th, 2019, 2:34 am
Hi and welcome to the project!
Looks like this is your first claim, so congratulations!

However, we strongly advice to complete a one-minute-test first before doing any official recording, just to check beforehand that all technical stuff is correct.
You can read more info about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you advice if needed.

Once the test is ok'ed, I can assign you the section officially. For now I will just put the chapter on hold while you get through the test thing.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Kristine :)
Thanks so much. I just posted the one minute test. I'll check back in a couple of days to see if anyone has advice, etc. Looking forward to this project!

-Holly
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Hi! I'd like to claim section 28. Anita
JefferySmith

Post by JefferySmith »

May I do section 45 (The Air of Stove-Heated Rooms)?
Jeffery Smith
Chula Vista, CA
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'd like to DPL this, though I admit I'm getting close to being booked up. If the submissions don't come in too, too fast, I can do it.
JustinPowers

Post by JustinPowers »

Can I give sections 22 and 23 a shot? This would be my first recording!

-Justin Powers
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Anitazz wrote: June 21st, 2019, 3:06 pm Hi! I'd like to claim section 28. Anita
Section 28 is yours!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

JefferySmith wrote: June 21st, 2019, 6:31 pm May I do section 45 (The Air of Stove-Heated Rooms)?
All yours, thanks!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

KevinS wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 10:34 am I'd like to DPL this, though I admit I'm getting close to being booked up. If the submissions don't come in too, too fast, I can do it.

That would be great! Adding you ar DPL. Most of the sections are fairly short, so I hope this will not overwhelm you.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kikisaulite wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 12:23 pm
KevinS wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 10:34 am I'd like to DPL this, though I admit I'm getting close to being booked up. If the submissions don't come in too, too fast, I can do it.

That would be great! Adding you ar DPL. Most of the sections are fairly short, so I hope this will not overwhelm you.
We'll give it a shot. I'm confident there will be no problems.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

JustinPowers wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 11:41 am Can I give sections 22 and 23 a shot? This would be my first recording!

-Justin Powers
Hi and welcome to this project and to Librivox!
To assign your sections, I need to know with what name you would like to appear in the catalog - it can be your forum name or your real name or anything else. We can also link to your personal home page or such. Please let me know this and I'll assign the sections for you in the first post.

I see you have already posted your one-minute test. Someone will surely check the test very soon - please wait for OK on your test before actually recording these sections.

And most important - have fun at Librivox! :)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Horner94 wrote: June 19th, 2019, 4:26 am
Kikisaulite wrote: June 19th, 2019, 3:39 am Section 53 is yours, Chad!
Many thanks!
Here is Section 53 ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/scienceinshort_53_williams_128kb.mp3 Time: 06:47
Kind regards,
Chad
Fascinating view of the science of the time! Thank you!

PL OK!
JustinPowers

Post by JustinPowers »

Kikisaulite wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 12:27 pm
JustinPowers wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 11:41 am Can I give sections 22 and 23 a shot? This would be my first recording!

-Justin Powers
Hi and welcome to this project and to Librivox!
To assign your sections, I need to know with what name you would like to appear in the catalog - it can be your forum name or your real name or anything else. We can also link to your personal home page or such. Please let me know this and I'll assign the sections for you in the first post.

I see you have already posted your one-minute test. Someone will surely check the test very soon - please wait for OK on your test before actually recording these sections.

And most important - have fun at Librivox! :)
Justin Powers is fine! And no home page or anything to link, just here to read things very amateurishly into a microphone :)

I'll keep an eye out for a review of my test, and I'll start recording as soon as I get the okays!
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

JustinPowers wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 2:25 pm

Justin Powers is fine! And no home page or anything to link, just here to read things very amateurishly into a microphone :)

I'll keep an eye out for a review of my test, and I'll start recording as soon as I get the okays!
That is one really great definition of what we do here at librivox generally - read things very amateurishly into a microphone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both sections assigned to you! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
K.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Kristine,
May I claim 54-56? :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
JefferySmith

Post by JefferySmith »

How to pronounce the author’s name is elusive. The best I could find on line sounds like Mattieu should be pronounced more like Mat-chew.
Jeffery Smith
Chula Vista, CA