COMPLETE [SHORT STORIES] Stories and Pictures by I. L. Peretz; translated by Helena Frank (1872-1954 - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Talya

Post by Talya »

Hello, I am new to recording and have passed the 1 minute test :)

I would like to record #57 Chanukah Lights

Thank you for your consideration.

Talya

www.VObyT.com
bluedusk

Post by bluedusk »

Hey there, I can pick up section 8, The Messenger.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Talya wrote: November 21st, 2019, 9:01 am Hello, I am new to recording and have passed the 1 minute test :)

I would like to record #57 Chanukah Lights

Thank you for your consideration.

Talya

www.VObyT.com
Hi Talya -

I am just filling in for MaryAnn who seems to be away. In Librivox Talya is your user name for the forums - what would you like your name to be for your book credits? For example, mine is lmnei for the forum and Lynda for the book credits (my actual name). You can use any name real or not real for your book credits.

Once I know that I will be able to assign #57 to you.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

bluedusk wrote: November 27th, 2019, 12:24 pm Hey there, I can pick up section 8, The Messenger.
Hi bluedusk -

I am just filling in for MaryAnn who seems to be away. In Librivox bluedusk is your user name for the forums - what would you like your name to be for your book credits? For example, mine is lmnei for the forum and Lynda for the book credits (my actual name). You can use any name real or not real for your book credits.

Once I know that I will be able to assign #8 to you.

Lynda
bluedusk

Post by bluedusk »

Thanks Lynda,

Rocky is my book credit name.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

bluedusk wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:01 pm Thanks Lynda,

Rocky is my book credit name.
Hi there!

You are ready to go with Section 8!

Here is your reader page - https://librivox.org/reader/13742 It is where you can keep track of books/chapters assigned to you and the process they are going through such as you are recording them, they are in for PL (proof listening), you need to make edits or they are in for Spot Checks for your edits or they are Complete (PL OK).

Let us know if you have any questions!

Lynda
bluedusk

Post by bluedusk »

Hey, I'm reading through my text and there are a number of Russian and Yiddish words, some I can find the pronunciation for, but some, particularly the names, I don't know how to figure out. Do y'all have suggestions? Thanks!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi! Just do your best with the pronunciations!

We do not really worry about how words sound in other languages as we are aware that we are not professionals in them.

Just try and get as close as you can. :)

Lynda
Talya

Post by Talya »

Lynda, Thank you for the explanation on user names and forum names. I think I'll keep it simple and just use my first name - Talya - for everything. I'm looking forward to starting on #57 Chanukah Lights! Especially since Chanukah is right around the corner. :)
Talya
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Talya wrote: December 1st, 2019, 4:31 pm Lynda, Thank you for the explanation on user names and forum names. I think I'll keep it simple and just use my first name - Talya - for everything. I'm looking forward to starting on #57 Chanukah Lights! Especially since Chanukah is right around the corner. :)
Talya
Hi Talya!

You are ready to go with Section 57!

Here is your reader page - https://librivox.org/reader/13751 It is where you can keep track of books/chapters assigned to you and the process they are going through such as you are recording them, they are in for PL (proof listening), you need to make edits or they are in for Spot Checks for your edits or they are Complete (PL OK).

If you click on your reader page link, Section 57 should show up in a few minutes. I have mine bookmarked.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Lynda
bluedusk

Post by bluedusk »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_08_peretz.mp3

A'ight, here's section 8. I recorded it at a 32 bit constant, and then exported it as a 128 kb, and then forgot to add that to the title of the mp3. Whoops. Is that ok?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

bluedusk wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 8:09 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_08_peretz.mp3

A'ight, here's section 8. I recorded it at a 32 bit constant, and then exported it as a 128 kb, and then forgot to add that to the title of the mp3. Whoops. Is that ok?
Hi there! I can PL this as the file is and if I have any feedback then when you re-export the file then you can add the 128 at the end as described on the 1st page of this book prior to uploading it. If there is no feedback, then I will just have you re-export and upload the file again and I will spot check it.

So hang on and I will give it a listen first :)

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

bluedusk wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 8:09 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_08_peretz.mp3

OOOPs - one more thing - when submitting a file you also need to tell us the length of it in mm:ss please... so if I could have the time I can update the MW too.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi!

Excellent recording! I really enjoyed listening to it!

Here is your PL Feedback -

- Start of recording – leave .5 to 1 second of silence only – you have 4 seconds
- 21:32 repeats at 21:47 again
- 22:43 – missing END of recording (see below the MW)
o At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [Section number]"
o If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Then leave 5 seconds of silence please.

Please re-name the file to include the 128 at the end as outlined below the MW as the format to save the file and export it and then post the new link along with the updated time for me to spot check for you.
bluedusk

Post by bluedusk »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_08_peretz_128kb.mp3

It's 22:31

Thanks so much for the feedback! Ok, this should be fixed...