(Complete) Short Story Collection 081 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ColleenMc
Posts: 1352
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » June 27th, 2019, 9:57 am

Here is one:

"The Automatic Maid of All Work" by M.L. Campbell (??-??) (could not find any info on author)


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_automaticmaid_cm_128kb.mp3

16:52

source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59053

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20072
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 27th, 2019, 12:01 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 9:57 am
Here is one:

"The Automatic Maid of All Work" by M.L. Campbell (??-??) (could not find any info on author)


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_automaticmaid_cm_128kb.mp3

16:52

source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59053
Thank you
I will be gone July 27-August 7. I will try to check in daily, but will not be able to PL or catalog projects until my return. Any emergencies, please contact another admin.

cherylstewart
Posts: 2171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 27th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Section 10 "The Automatic Maid of All Work" PL OK
:lol: Cheryl

Anitazz
Posts: 216
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » June 28th, 2019, 8:19 am

I am sending a nice short story for consideration for this collection:

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_oldbill_asm_128kb.mp3
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39957/39957-h/39957-h.htm#old
(The book is Prairie Gold)

Author: Henry C. Wallace (There was a Henry C. Wallace in wikipedia which is most likely the author, but I could not confirm)
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cantwell_Wallace )
Title: "Old Bill"
Length: 14:30

Anita

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20072
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 28th, 2019, 10:28 am

Anitazz wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 8:19 am
I am sending a nice short story for consideration for this collection:

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_oldbill_asm_128kb.mp3
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39957/39957-h/39957-h.htm#old
(The book is Prairie Gold)

Author: Henry C. Wallace (There was a Henry C. Wallace in wikipedia which is most likely the author, but I could not confirm)
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cantwell_Wallace )
Title: "Old Bill"
Length: 14:30

Anita
Thank you
I will be gone July 27-August 7. I will try to check in daily, but will not be able to PL or catalog projects until my return. Any emergencies, please contact another admin.

cherylstewart
Posts: 2171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 28th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Section 11 "Old Bill" PL OK
sniff, sniff, :) Cheryl

Sciguyvoice
Posts: 286
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 8:12 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by Sciguyvoice » June 30th, 2019, 9:39 am

A short story by O. Henry (1862-1910)

Title: After Twenty Years

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_aftertwentyyears_wk_128kb.mp3

Text can be found in the collection entitled "The Four Million" in Project Gutenberg

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2776/2776-h/2776-h.htm

Time: 9:06

Thanks,

Warren

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20072
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 30th, 2019, 10:44 am

Sciguyvoice wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:39 am
A short story by O. Henry (1862-1910)

Title: After Twenty Years

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_aftertwentyyears_wk_128kb.mp3

Text can be found in the collection entitled "The Four Million" in Project Gutenberg

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2776/2776-h/2776-h.htm

Time: 9:06

Thanks,

Warren
Thank you
I will be gone July 27-August 7. I will try to check in daily, but will not be able to PL or catalog projects until my return. Any emergencies, please contact another admin.

cherylstewart
Posts: 2171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 30th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Section 12 "After Twenty Years" PL OK
Cheryl :D

cherylstewart
Posts: 2171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 30th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Section 12 "After Twenty Years" PL OK
Cheryl :D

LiamGreen
Posts: 11
Joined: April 15th, 2018, 12:21 am

Post by LiamGreen » July 3rd, 2019, 3:15 pm

Hi Lynne,

Another Russian tale for the collection:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_thesmithandthedemon_ljb_128kb.mp3
• The Smith and the Demon
• Folktale - attributed to Alexander Afanasief (1826 - 1871)
• Collected by W.R.S. Ralston
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22373
• 10:29 9.82 MB

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20072
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 3rd, 2019, 4:13 pm

liamborg wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 3:15 pm
Hi Lynne,

Another Russian tale for the collection:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_thesmithandthedemon_ljb_128kb.mp3
• The Smith and the Demon
• Folktale - attributed to Alexander Afanasief (1826 - 1871)
• Collected by W.R.S. Ralston
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22373
• 10:29 9.82 MB
Thank you
I will be gone July 27-August 7. I will try to check in daily, but will not be able to PL or catalog projects until my return. Any emergencies, please contact another admin.

cherylstewart
Posts: 2171
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » July 3rd, 2019, 5:53 pm

Section 13 "The Smith and the Demon" PL OK
Cheryl :thumbs:

Grothmann
Posts: 790
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » July 5th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Hi:

A very mild ghost story--

A Misfit Ghost.
Compiled And Edited By
W. Bob Holland.

Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 7:38

Audio at--
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_misfitghost_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/53419

Thanks
Dale
( I know, it might go into ghost stories, but I think it belongs here. It is not really a ghost story, but a recollection.)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20072
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 5th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Grothmann wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Hi:

A very mild ghost story--

A Misfit Ghost.
Compiled And Edited By
W. Bob Holland.

Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 7:38

Audio at--
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss081_misfitghost_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/53419

Thanks
Dale
( I know, it might go into ghost stories, but I think it belongs here. It is not really a ghost story, but a recollection.)
Ok, thank you
I will be gone July 27-August 7. I will try to check in daily, but will not be able to PL or catalog projects until my return. Any emergencies, please contact another admin.

Post Reply