COMPLETE[DR]DR Scene and Story Collection, Volume 002 by Various - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will PL. (Elizabby would have done PLs of the final DRs in this project before her passing last weekend.)

Downloaded to listen now.

Thanks, Todd
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ToddHW wrote: January 29th, 2020, 4:46 am I will PL. (Elizabby would have done PLs of the final DRs in this project before her passing last weekend.)

Downloaded to listen now.

Thanks, Todd
Oh, man... That's awful. I hadn't seen that yet: just checked the forums for the past few days now and seen the news. I'm really going to miss her voice around here. I wish we had got to do more of the Wilde plays together that we weren't around to record the first versions of.

OK - thanks for PLing, Todd.
Rob Marland reader section | website
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RobMarland wrote: January 28th, 2020, 3:11 pm Thanks, Grace! All PL OK now.

The final Remarkable Rocket is ready for PL. The performances on this... whoa. Good. Very good.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol002_06_various_128kb.mp3
32:44
Nicely done. You selected a great story - certainly there have to be a dozen or more great quotes in those conversations between the fireworks. And all wonderfully performed.

However:

There is a repeated line ("But they have not lost their only son,") for the Roman Candle at 14:57, and then a missing line ("no misfortune has happened to them at all.)" for the Roman Candle at 14:59

At 20:48-20:51, the voice of the Rocket is overlaid over the Frog. The Rocket lines are then repeated after this where they belong.

Thanks, Todd
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks for the catches, Todd. Here is the Remarkable Rocket for spot PL.
32:42
Rob Marland reader section | website
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RobMarland wrote: January 29th, 2020, 3:58 pm Thanks for the catches, Todd. Here is the Remarkable Rocket for spot PL.
32:42
Great. PL OK now.

Thanks, Todd
Verbena

Post by Verbena »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benjaminbutton_secondundergrad_128kb.mp3

Story 8, Benjamin Button, Second Undergrad. Take 2.
Hope it's loud enough this time.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

PatrickGlenn wrote: January 30th, 2020, 9:12 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benjaminbutton_secondundergrad_128kb.mp3

Story 8, Benjamin Button, Second Undergrad. Take 2.
Hope it's loud enough this time.
Heeee :) That's perfect, Pat, thanks! Second Undergrad is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Just letting you know I've been working on #08 editing, Todd. About 1/4 through. Should have it sqaured away by Saturday afternoon, ready to insert the Mr. Hart bits when they're in.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great, and thank you.

Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Todd, it will take me a few more days to finish putting the Benjamin Button story together (and then Mr. Hart will need adding when I get the recording for that role)

Hopefully it's OK that I've done this - there's so much work in this file so far, I wanted to upload what's been done, here, just in case something crazy happened to it on my end. I'll give it its proper official name when I finish the story's editing. It is nowhere near ready for PL attention.

Also, the time of the finished file is on my mind - isn't 70 minutes our section limit? I can't say for sure, at this point, whether this will go over that or not. The story is predominantly narrator, and it may turn out that the pauses in his portion will provide enough cushioning for the roles to be added and still make that limit. I'll let you know how the run time is going when I get closer to the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benjaminbutton_inprogress_128kb.mp3 (1:03:10)
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

I have no problem with draft uploads. I do it myself as a way to backup a complete-ish file in case my computer dies. And you can use the real file name if you wish - the draft file gets automatically renamed when the newer real file is uploaded. That way I can already have the correct filename in the MW. But I can of course just add it later when you are ready.

Our limit is 74 minutes. Supposedly that is the limit for a full CD, and we use that since some of our files get transcribed to them. If necessary, we can do two files - just let me know. (Another trick you can use if close is to change tempo by up to perhaps 5%.)

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is another updated status report on this project.

DRs 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 9 are complete. 50% completed. Hooray!

DR 3 (BC=ChuckW) has all parts claimed, awaiting submittal of Mr C Dupin.

DR 4 (Kitty is the new BC since Lucas has not completed.) I have edited a draft file complete except for a couple missing lines. (PM sent for those - I'm going to have the narration cover a missing Elizabby line).

DR 8 (BC is now LCaulkins since Foon is not around.) Submitted parts are all PL'd and we're waiting on the file for one last role; an otherwise complete draft has been prepared.

DR 10 (BC=silverquill) has all parts submitted, with one needing PL fixes before assembly.

The end is in sight.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The Stolen Baccilus is now ready for final PL. Ye'all sound great together!

Thanks, Todd