[Complete] Fifty Years a Detective by Thomas Furlong - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

IftekharAhmed wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 6:20 am Hi, can I claim Chapter 30- The Big Southwest Strike?
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. Once you have completed your test, let me know and I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. I will hold the section for you for one week.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
IftekharAhmed

Post by IftekharAhmed »

Lynnet wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 7:25 am
IftekharAhmed wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 6:20 am Hi, can I claim Chapter 30- The Big Southwest Strike?
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. Once you have completed your test, let me know and I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. I will hold the section for you for one week.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Thanks for replying. I will ket you know when I finish
IftekharAhmed

Post by IftekharAhmed »

Lynnet wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 7:25 am
Lynne
How can I be added to the catalogue of readers?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

IftekharAhmed wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 11:29 am
I will add you once you test has been okayed
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 12
PL OK

Sorry for the heat related delay in posting.

Your reading & speed was perfect.
But, if you ever feel you have a problem with speed Audacity-effects-change speed. In my case, I have used it to increase my speed. :thumbs:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 14
PL OK

Same speech: Sorry for the heat related delay in posting.
Excellent :clap:
Helen

cbartges

Post by cbartges »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cbartges wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 6:44 am Here is chapter 9:
45:51
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fiftyyearsadetective_09_furlong_128kb.mp3
Thank you. Helen will PL when she finds a cool spot 8-)
IftekharAhmed

Post by IftekharAhmed »

Lynnet wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 12:23 pm
Hey! My test has been okayed
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

IftekharAhmed wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 6:48 pm
Great. I’ll add you to the catalog.
Please be sure to read the instructions in the first post but if you have questions, please ask.
Be warned, this is a long chapter. You will make mistakes (we all do) but I’ve found it best to just back up, reread the sentence and keep going, then edit out the flubs.
IftekharAhmed

Post by IftekharAhmed »

Lynnet wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 7:45 pm

Please be sure to read the instructions in the first post but if you have questions, please ask.
Be warned, this is a long chapter. You will make mistakes (we all do) but I’ve found it best to just back up, reread the sentence and keep going, then edit out the flubs.
Thanks! :D
IftekharAhmed

Post by IftekharAhmed »

I have two question.
1. If I make a mistake, what should I do? (Recorded file would be too long so it will be hard to trim)
2. Can I record some parts of it daily and then merge them into one file?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

IftekharAhmed wrote: July 24th, 2019, 6:32 am

I have two question.
1. If I make a mistake, what should I do? (Recorded file would be too long so it will be hard to trim)
2. Can I record some parts of it daily and then merge them into one file?
It is a process of learning what works best for you and the more you record, the more efficient you will get.
Here is a video about basic editing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be

As for recording piecemeal, you could, but I wouldn’t recommend it. There are two main reasons: recordings on different days will sound different, due to atmospheric conditions as well as your own vocal condition and environmental factors... do you have the window open? Is the air conditioner running? Is it raining or windy? Are you sitting the exact same distance from your mic? Secondly, although Audacity does a good job of merging tracks, it’s not perfect and can sound choppy. In general, we recommend pausing recording rather than stopping if, for example, you need to answer the phone or grab a drink. You may decide both these reasons insufficient to interfere with your plan...and several readers do record over a couple of days, so you wouldn’t be alone; but I think more experienced readers record in a single sitting.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 9
PL OK

Chuch, excellent reading :clap:
Helen

ADuclaux

Post by ADuclaux »

Hello,