[Complete] Fifty Years a Detective by Thomas Furlong - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18287
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 5th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Caesura wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 2:59 pm
Here's my recording of chapter 15; it's 15 minutes and 13 seconds long.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fiftyyearsadetective_15_furlong_128kb.mp3
Thanks!
Thank you. Helen will listen soon and give you feedback regarding any suggested edits.

cbartges
Posts: 23
Joined: May 23rd, 2019, 5:09 pm

Post by cbartges » July 5th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Hello,
May I claim chapter 9?
Thanks!

HZFerr
Posts: 4827
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » July 5th, 2019, 10:13 pm

sect 8
PL OK

Jen, your reading is wonderful! :clap:
"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Helen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18287
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 6th, 2019, 8:10 am

cbartges wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 8:47 pm
Hello,
May I claim chapter 9?
Thanks!
Absolutely.

HZFerr
Posts: 4827
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » July 7th, 2019, 8:12 pm

sect 15
PL OK

Excellent reading :clap:
"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Helen

brightwriter419
Posts: 37
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Post by brightwriter419 » July 8th, 2019, 8:37 am

Hi, Lynne!

I'd like to claim chapter 25, if I could.

Matt

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18287
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 8th, 2019, 8:44 am

brightwriter419 wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:37 am
Hi, Lynne!

I'd like to claim chapter 25, if I could.

Matt
Enjoy!

ADuclaux
Posts: 38
Joined: June 4th, 2019, 7:52 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by ADuclaux » July 8th, 2019, 10:47 am

Hello!

I would love to read 24 for you!
Decoying a bad man.

Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18287
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 8th, 2019, 11:59 am

ADuclaux wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 10:47 am
Hello!

I would love to read 24 for you!
Decoying a bad man.

Thank you
Wonderful

brightwriter419
Posts: 37
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Post by brightwriter419 » July 9th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Lynnet wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:44 am
brightwriter419 wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:37 am
Hi, Lynne!

I'd like to claim chapter 25, if I could.

Matt
Enjoy!
Thanks! :)

I had a quick question. There's a town called "Tidicute" mentioned in the text; but when I went to check the pronunciation of the name, I found that the town is apparently called "Tidioute". Should I assume this is a misprint, or just try to read the text as written?

Matt

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18287
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 9th, 2019, 6:26 pm

brightwriter419 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Lynnet wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:44 am
brightwriter419 wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 8:37 am
Hi, Lynne!

I'd like to claim chapter 25, if I could.

Matt
Enjoy!
Thanks! :)

I had a quick question. There's a town called "Tidicute" mentioned in the text; but when I went to check the pronunciation of the name, I found that the town is apparently called "Tidioute". Should I assume this is a misprint, or just try to read the text as written?

Matt
Interesting question... I wouldn't have thought to look it up :lol: But having done so, I think it would be best to go with the town's actual name, assuming a typo since this work is based on fact. If it were a pice of fiction, my answer would be different. That said, I'll leave it to your discretion.

5Tommy00
Posts: 106
Joined: October 12th, 2017, 7:27 am

Post by 5Tommy00 » July 10th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Hello. This chapter I completed (Ch. 5) hasn't been completely checked, and I have another section in another book. Should I start on the new one, or should I wait until this one is OK'd?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18287
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 10th, 2019, 1:59 pm

5Tommy00 wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 1:39 pm
Hello. This chapter I completed (Ch. 5) hasn't been completely checked, and I have another section in another book. Should I start on the new one, or should I wait until this one is OK'd?
It's up to you... many readers have several sections 'on the go' at a time, at various stages of recording/editing/PL. That said, if you don't feel comfortable juggling multiple sections from different projects, by all means, wait. Just remember if you need to come back and check sections needing PL or spot PL.

I'm sure Helen will PL within the next couple of days... but please remember everyone is a volunteer and, apparently, some people have lives outside LV :shock:

HZFerr
Posts: 4827
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » July 11th, 2019, 5:34 pm

sect 5
spot PL OK :thumbs:

Great job :clap:


There is life outside LV??? :shock:
Image
"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Helen

JenMcKeown
Posts: 25
Joined: April 15th, 2019, 11:19 am

Post by JenMcKeown » July 12th, 2019, 7:35 am

Can I have chapter 13 ?

Jen

Post Reply