[COMPLETE] Demian, The Story of Emil Sinclair's Youth, by Hermann Hesse - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 5:37 pm All instances of 9 are fixt-uh.

Thank you, Kevin for taking the time to help me sound more educated than I actually am-uh. :thumbs:

(I might not have appreciated your generosity so much if there were 15 or 20 instances of the same word mispronounced.)

Please note, I generally go online for pronunciation help when I'm not sure of a word, certainly when there are many repetitions, but for some reason I felt self-confident. After all, how can Buxtahude not sound like Bux-ta-hude?

Because it's German. Duh!
Hahaha! You correctly pronounce many words I have to look up!
msfry

Post by msfry »

10 and 11 are uploaded.

I know I pronounced beloved wrong in 10 somewhere, but now I can't find it. Should be the noun, as in "My be-lov-ed.", not the adjective.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 10

A number of unimportant variances, but two stand out asking for correction.

1:07 'heaped' instead of 'reaped'

19:40 'similar' rather than 'familiar'

EDIT:

Section 11

PL OK!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 10 uploaded with 2 corrections. Thanks.

POI (Point of Information): When you edit a post, Kevin, for instance above when you edited in that 11 was PL OK, it's would be easy for me to have missed it, because the system does not send out a fresh email notice of the edited post and there is no guarantee that I will go back and read a prior post. Sometimes that's okay, but in certain cases it's just better to send a fresh post. Just letting you know.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: May 24th, 2019, 8:15 pm Section 10 uploaded with 2 corrections. Thanks.

POI (Point of Information): When you edit a post, Kevin, for instance above when you edited in that 11 was PL OK, it's would be easy for me to have missed it, because the system does not send out a fresh email notice of the edited post and there is no guarantee that I will go back and read a prior post. Sometimes that's okay, but in certain cases it's just better to send a fresh post. Just letting you know.
Thank you.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 10 now PL OK!

I'll miss working on this project when all is done.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 12 is uploaded. See MW. I also tweaked 11 a little bit more, nothing but tempo fluctuations, in case you haven't PL'd that one yet.

Yes, I will miss this project too. I hear more depth to it each time I review it. Hesse is quite a writer!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: May 25th, 2019, 6:10 pm Section 12 is uploaded. See MW. I also tweaked 11 a little bit more, nothing but tempo fluctuations, in case you haven't PL'd that one yet.

Yes, I will miss this project too. I hear more depth to it each time I review it. Hesse is quite a writer!
Only one addition in Section 12.

24:06 The sentence "Was that already a warning?' is missing. It follows "I started."
msfry

Post by msfry »

12 uploaded with "warning" sentence included. My bet is I recorded it, then chose to delete it as a flub, since it's followed by the almost identical sentence "Was that already a warding off."

Now if I were Stowe, I might have said "Was that already a warning? Already a warding off?" She clearly wasn't thinking about the audio editor's challenges. :roll:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: May 26th, 2019, 7:18 am 12 uploaded with "warning" sentence included. My bet is I recorded it, then chose to delete it as a flub, since it's followed by the almost identical sentence "Was that already a warding off."

Now if I were Stowe, I might have said "Was that already a warning? Already a warding off?" She clearly wasn't thinking about the audio editor's challenges. :roll:
You're right! I would have done the same thing!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 12 now PL OK!
msfry

Post by msfry »

KevinS wrote: May 26th, 2019, 7:29 am
msfry wrote: May 26th, 2019, 7:18 am 12 uploaded with "warning" sentence included. My bet is I recorded it, then chose to delete it as a flub, since it's followed by the almost identical sentence "Was that already a warding off."

You're right! I would have done the same thing!
This is a sort of "caught cheating" kind of thing. I almost always proof my own work following along with the text. Once in awhile I get lazy, though, and then I am darn lucky if my PL'er isn't so lazy. :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: May 27th, 2019, 9:21 pm Section 13 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/demian_hesse_13_128kb.mp3 25:28
Just two points:

1:12 What should be 'loved' sounds a bit like 'lowed.'

14:48 "Fateful" sounded like "fatal."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Almost complete!