[COMPLETE]Fuel of Fire by Ellen Thorneycroft Fowler - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

now Baxendale Hall has become fuel of fire ! And we are left guessing who was the arsonist. The story is still hooking.

In a way it may be good that Lawrence and Nancy are now free of the curse and burden of this whole building. They can start on a new path now.

Excellent chapter again, Jim, thank you so much. PL ok of course.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

What happened, do you think? With the file, I mean. Did I not re-enter so that it would appear in the MW? Sorry to cause you trouble. :?
Last edited by neecheelok70 on September 19th, 2019, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 4:44 amWhat happened, do you think? :?
well of course it could have been simply the storm and lighting striking and setting it all on fire.

But my guess is it must have been human intervention. The zealot is an obvious choice, but maybe too obvious, so I tend not to suspect him. It could also have been an accident, a candle falling over when Nancy was reading the day before and she forgot to take it with her for example.

I'll let myself be surprised.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 4:44 amWhat happened, do you think? With the file, I mean. Did I not re-enter so that it would appear in the MW? Sorry to cause you trouble. :?
oh you mean with the file ? :lol: sorry I thought you meant in the story.

I put it in the MW myself, you must have forgotten to put it in maybe. No big harm. But check the Eunuch file, because that one seems not to have been uploaded a second time, so the voice credit is still wrong. Maybe you had a glitch yesterday when you tried to upload those two files. :hmm:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

A mental glitch, I guess. As for the story, yes, I am curious, which means it is a mystery story as well as a romance! Thanks, Sonia, for patience. etc. :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 12, but please no hurry. I am just trying to get to some things that I haven't done recently. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 9:43 amHere is Section 12, but please no hurry.
oh I feel like a Dickensian lady waiting impatiently for her weekly dose of serial novels :lol: so I'm always eager to hear how matters are proceeding in Baxendale county. And yes, things look bleak for Laurence and Nancy now. Nancy was a bit naive in this chapter, of course she should have realized that Laurence is suspect number one. And I fear, Laurence at the same time is suspecting Nancy :shock: and who could blame him ?

Absolutely PL ok again, thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, fans yearned for the next installment. I love him that much too. My students, not so much. But how could anyone not love David Copperfield? Thanks. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 11:18 amBut how could anyone not love David Copperfield? Thanks. :thumbs:
to be honest, I haven't read David Copperfield yet :oops: I feel the story is so well known already from hear-say that I never felt the need to read the actual story. I read Great Expectations, which I totally loved though :9:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, to me they all good. I think I have read them all, except Pickwick. Here is Section 13. She did it, right? :shock:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it is quite unfortunate that she lost her keys now. No. I don't think it was Nancy, but someone who found (or stole) her keys. :? But how to prove that to Lawrence will be a difficult task.

Interesting chapter and PL ok again. Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Interesting, indeed. Thank you. Jim :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Of course, you are right. It's not Nancy. Who then? Lady Alicia? :hmm: Here is Section 14. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I don't think it's Lady Alicia, even though, her speech definitely sounds suspicious. But Rufus is back in the picture, he found the keys, so he could have had the opportunity (and definitely the crazy zeal) to start the fire.

Interesting chapter. But Nancy was so cruel to Lawrence. :?

PL ok, thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, I was very disappointed in her, but then it was a very human response. Thanks again. Jim :D