COMPLETE [SOLO-SPANISH] Lamentaciones de Jeremías-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Lamentaciones de Jeremías by Reina-Valera ( - ).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/lamentaciones-by-reina-valera/
El libro de Lamentaciones se compone de cinco poemas, cada uno de los cuales es una expresión de dolor por la caída de Jerusalén. Como en los funerales, estos lamentos están destinados a llorar una pérdida. En este caso, la pérdida de una nación. La segunda mitad del capítulo 3 implica que el propósito detrás de las representaciones gráficas de Lamentaciones de dolor y sufrimiento era producir esperanza en el Dios cuya compasión es "nueva cada mañana", y cuya fidelidad es grande incluso para un pueblo que ha sido condenado por su propia infidelidad. Las lamentaciones probablemente fueron escritas poco después de la caída de Jerusalén en 586 a. C. El autor, aunque no está identificado en el libro, puede ser el profeta Jeremías, de quien se dice que "expresó un lamento por Josías" (2 Crónicas 35:25).

---- English Translation:

The book of Lamentations is composed of five poems, each of which is an expression of pain for the fall of Jerusalem. Like an eulogy at a funeral, these laments are meant to mourn a loss. In this case, the loss of a nation. The second half of chapter 3 implies that the purpose behind the graphic representations of Lamentations of pain and suffering was to produce hope in the God whose compassion is "new every morning", and whose faithfulness is great even for a people who have been condemned by their own infidelity The lamentations were probably written shortly after the fall of Jerusalem in 586 a. C. The author, although not identified in the book, may be the prophet Jeremiah, who is said to have "expressed a lament for Josiah" (2 Chronicles 35:25).

( Claudia R Barrett)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=lamentations+1&version=RVA
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Lamentaciones de Jeremías. version Reina-valera. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      " [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Lamentaciones de Jeremías by Reina-Valera. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Lamentaciones de Jeremías, by Reina-Valera."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename lamentaciones_##_rva_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. lamentaciones_01_rva_128kb.mp3)
  • Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Joyfull on May 17th, 2019, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Claudia,

I'd be happy to MC this for you.

You can upload the files to my folder, and I'll work on getting your MW set up.

MaryAnn
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks MaryAnn! :D
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I'll DPL this one too :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Wonderful! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks Campbell! I already recorded the chapters and only need to edit them. I will uploading one either tonight or tomorrow morning. Have a great day! :D
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

ok, here is chapter 1. I believe this is the longest chapter :D Thank you!
lymiewithpurpose

Joyfull wrote: May 17th, 2019, 2:40 pm ok, here is chapter 1. I believe this is the longest chapter :D Thank you!
Great. Heads up I have a busy night and will not get to it tonight. Will listen tomorrow.
Campbell
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

👍No problem. Whenever you can is Ok 😃
lymiewithpurpose

I misjudged timing and did manage to listen. Once again, wonderfully read and it is OK.
Campbell
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks Campbell!
lymiewithpurpose

2 is OK!
Campbell
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

I had some extra time and I was able to work on 3,4, and 5 but don't feel rushed to PL them today, please :D. If they pass PL, we're done. Thanks Campbell and MaryAnn! Until next time! :D You both rock! :clap:
Last edited by Joyfull on May 19th, 2019, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

:D
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 4:38 pm 2 is OK!
lymiewithpurpose

Joyfull wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:11 am I had some extra time and I was able to work on 3,4, and 5 but don't feel rushed to PL them today, please :D. If they pass PL, we're done. Thanks Campbell and MaryAnn! Until next time! :D You both rock! :clap:
Well, I had some extra time to listen. 4 and 5 are OK, one note for 3 that you may find to be not important. In that case, feel free to change to PL OK and we'll be done.

3:20 – heard ‘tu nos perdonaste’, rather than ‘tu no perdonaste’, which, if I am translating correctly, flips the entire meaning
Campbell
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Correction coming up! That was a hidden one - especially when we know that God forgives! :) I'm sooooo glad you caught that, Campbell! :D