[Complete] Travel Collection - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 27th, 2019, 11:53 pm

BettyB wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 6:27 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_02_various_128kb.mp3

Uploaded for spot check.

BettyB

Are we now allowed to submit more than one reading for this collection?
Please feel free!
E agora, José?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17051
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 31st, 2019, 12:14 pm

Here is a contribution from me:

Crater Lake: One of the World's Great Natural Wonders by W.G. Steel (1854-1934)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_04_various_128kb.mp3

37:12

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36746/36746-h/36746-h.htm

And I can confirm how beautiful it is 8-) Apart from a roadway around the rim, and official boat tours, it is untouched (you're not allowed to just go boating or fishing by yourself)
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 31st, 2019, 12:45 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 12:14 pm
Here is a contribution from me:

Crater Lake: One of the World's Great Natural Wonders by W.G. Steel (1854-1934)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_04_various_128kb.mp3

37:12

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36746/36746-h/36746-h.htm

And I can confirm how beautiful it is 8-) Apart from a roadway around the rim, and official boat tours, it is untouched (you're not allowed to just go boating or fishing by yourself)
Thank you! I'll get started on this right away. (Well, actually I just now picked up the new Thomas Harris book at the library... Hahah! What does one call this? Guilty pleasures!)
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 1st, 2019, 5:49 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 12:14 pm
Here is a contribution from me:

Crater Lake: One of the World's Great Natural Wonders by W.G. Steel (1854-1934)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_04_various_128kb.mp3

37:12

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36746/36746-h/36746-h.htm

And I can confirm how beautiful it is 8-) Apart from a roadway around the rim, and official boat tours, it is untouched (you're not allowed to just go boating or fishing by yourself)
Wonderful reading on a fascinating topic. PL OK!
E agora, José?

BettyB
Posts: 2054
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » June 7th, 2019, 6:54 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_05_various_128kb.mp3

Time is 11.19

Kimberley and the Diamond Mines from:
Carpenter's Geographical Reader - Africa by
Frank G. Carpenter 1855-1924

https://archive.org/details/carpentersgeog00carprich/page/294

BettyB

KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 8th, 2019, 4:23 am

BettyB wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 6:54 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_05_various_128kb.mp3

Time is 11.19

Kimberley and the Diamond Mines from:
Carpenter's Geographical Reader - Africa by
Frank G. Carpenter 1855-1924

https://archive.org/details/carpentersgeog00carprich/page/294

BettyB
Thank you!

Most educational!

PL OK!
E agora, José?

TND1
Posts: 90
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 2:38 pm

Post by TND1 » June 20th, 2019, 11:00 am

Here is a nautical contribution from my part of the world:

The Cruise of the Coya – recording of chapters five and six from the book: Norfolk Broads and Rivers by George Christopher Davies (1849 - 1922)

https://archive.org/details/norfolkbroadsan00davigoog/page/n55

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_06_various_128kb.mp3

The author spends two or three days exploring some of the southern rivers and broads by yacht and details various sights and experiences encountered along the way.

Duration: 35:51

TND
Last edited by TND1 on June 20th, 2019, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17051
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » June 20th, 2019, 11:02 am

TND1 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:00 am
Here is a nautical contribution from my part of the world:

The Cruise of the Coya – recording of chapters five and six from the book: Norfolk Broads and Rivers by George Christopher Davies (1849 - 1922)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_06_various_128kb.mp3

The author spends two or three days exploring some of the southern rivers and broads by yacht and details various sights and experiences encountered along the way.

Duration: 35:51

TND
Could you provide a link to the text please?
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

TND1
Posts: 90
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 2:38 pm

Post by TND1 » June 20th, 2019, 11:06 am

Lynnet wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:02 am
TND1 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:00 am
Here is a nautical contribution from my part of the world:

The Cruise of the Coya – recording of chapters five and six from the book: Norfolk Broads and Rivers by George Christopher Davies (1849 - 1922)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_06_various_128kb.mp3

The author spends two or three days exploring some of the southern rivers and broads by yacht and details various sights and experiences encountered along the way.

Duration: 35:51

TND
Could you provide a link to the text please?
Please see edit to my original post! :)

Cheers

TND
Last edited by TND1 on June 20th, 2019, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColleenMc
Posts: 1001
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » June 20th, 2019, 11:48 am

Here's mine:

"A Visit to the Pyramids" by George Jones

Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59702 (chapter 7 from that book)

17:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_06_various_128kb.mp3

Colleen

KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 20th, 2019, 12:45 pm

TND1 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:06 am
Lynnet wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:02 am
TND1 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:00 am
Here is a nautical contribution from my part of the world:

The Cruise of the Coya – recording of chapters five and six from the book: Norfolk Broads and Rivers by George Christopher Davies (1849 - 1922)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_06_various_128kb.mp3

The author spends two or three days exploring some of the southern rivers and broads by yacht and details various sights and experiences encountered along the way.

Duration: 35:51

TND
Could you provide a link to the text please?
Please see edit to my original post! :)

Cheers

TND
I'm so sorry to trouble you with this. I was confused at first, but I see someone came right behind you and claimed section 6, also.

Would you mind uploading your selection as number 07, please? I'm anxious to hear it.

Many apologies for the confusion!
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 20th, 2019, 12:50 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:48 am
Here's mine:

"A Visit to the Pyramids" by George Jones

Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59702 (chapter 7 from that book)

17:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_06_various_128kb.mp3

Colleen
Thank you!
E agora, José?

TND1
Posts: 90
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 2:38 pm

Post by TND1 » June 20th, 2019, 1:00 pm

KevinS wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 12:45 pm
TND1 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:06 am
Lynnet wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:02 am

Could you provide a link to the text please?
Please see edit to my original post! :)

Cheers

TND
I'm so sorry to trouble you with this. I was confused at first, but I see someone came right behind you and claimed section 6, also.

Would you mind uploading your selection as number 07, please? I'm anxious to hear it.

Many apologies for the confusion!
No worries! :)

File re-named & re-uploaded as requested:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/travelcollectionshortnonfiction_07_various_128kb.mp3

Duration: 35:51

Hope you enjoy the cruise.

Cheers

TND

KevinS
Posts: 3016
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 20th, 2019, 1:26 pm

TND, thanks very much for your understanding!

I have a friend who has retired to a sailboat and I will be sure to share your reading with him once it is cataloged.
E agora, José?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17051
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » June 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Just want to apologize for this mix-up. (It’s exactly what Betty was concerned about, or a result of it). It wouldn’t have occurred if I’d set up the project correctly :oops: :oops:

FYI, if it happens again, I can sort it out behind the scenes.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Post Reply