[COMPLETE] The Book of All Power by Edgar Wallace - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » June 10th, 2019, 2:01 pm

elsieselwyn wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 12:25 pm
Sections 14-15 PL OK :thumbs:

For Section 16: There is a high pitched whining sound almost continuously going on in the background (for example: 9:22) which hurts my ears and would be unpleasant to the listener. First, try isolating the noise and using noise reduction. However if that doesn’t work, I hate to have to do this to you, but you might have to rerecord this section. Besides this one technical problem, your reading was great!
Hi - I've just listened to Chapter 16 and there is no high pitched sound? I would have noticed it when doing my PL before uploading. So I don't know what this is. I think I should up load section 16 again as it must have been introduced during the upload process. Anyway, thanks for the prompt PL'ing.

Let me know if the new upload is OK.

Peter

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn » June 10th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Hey Peter! Did you just reupload? If so, I can still hear it. It might be so high pitched that it is out of your hearing range (I have been told I have very sensitive ears). I downloaded your audio and tried noise cleaning. If you download the audio that you have up right now and go to 9:22, there are some wavy lines in the silence between you speaking. If you select that for noise reduction and then use 30 dB strength, the whining goes away and it has no effect on the quality of your actual audio.

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » June 10th, 2019, 2:23 pm

elsieselwyn wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 2:13 pm
Hey Peter! Did you just reupload? If so, I can still hear it. It might be so high pitched that it is out of your hearing range (I have been told I have very sensitive ears). I downloaded your audio and tried noise cleaning. If you download the audio that you have up right now and go to 9:22, there are some wavy lines in the silence between you speaking. If you select that for noise reduction and then use 30 dB strength, the whining goes away and it has no effect on the quality of your actual audio.
Yes, I've just heard it. I don't know how that has happened. My wife said it was there and I now hear it. I will try the noise reduction. It's a bit late so might put it off until morning.

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » June 10th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Hi Elsie

I've tried with the noise cleaning and it doesn't seem to work so I'm going to have to re-record the whole chapter. I will have to leave it for a few days as we have guests and I'm already in the doghouse for getting obsessed with the problem.

The only good thing is that I think I know how it happened. It was piece of rogue equipment that should not have been in the room and it generated the noise which the extremely sensitive mic I use picked up, and it only happened in that one chapter.

It's a real shock to me that it could have got through, and maybe it's a sign that I should stop recording audiobooks and retire gracefully.

I will re-record in two or three days time and hopefully that will mean the book is complete.

Best wishes

Peter

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn » June 11th, 2019, 8:15 am

Oh don’t worry about it - take as long as you need! And don’t give up on recording audiobooks - you’re a wonderful reader :D

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » June 13th, 2019, 4:40 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/bookofallpower_16_wallace_128kb.mp3

New uploaded file of section 16

Duration: 14:11
13.61MB

Hope this is now OK! I took a minute longer re-recording this so a slightly slower reading - hopefully without the whistles ...

Peter

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn » June 17th, 2019, 6:47 am

Section 16 PL OK :thumbs:

Another project ready for catalogue :clap:

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 » June 17th, 2019, 7:05 am

Off to catalog this one then.

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » June 17th, 2019, 8:20 am

Wonderful. Great news. I hope the new blurb I have written is OK.

Peter

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 » June 17th, 2019, 9:34 am

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-book-of-all-power-by-edgar-wallace/

Let me know if anything is amiss.