COMPLETE [Christianity] Fruits of the Spirit by H. W. Mabie- kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

carrielsherry wrote: April 26th, 2019, 3:10 pm Here is a re-record---I found a different way to record that sounded much cleaner.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fruitofthespirit_45_mabie_128kb.mp3 (4:57)
That does sound much cleaner! What did you do differently? I'm just wondering if you are recording from further away and using more amplification now, as it sounds a little "echo-y". It would probably still be a useful skill to know how to noise-clean.
ZeroToLaunch

Post by ZeroToLaunch »

I would like to record "Immortal Love". Section 35.
carrielsherry

Post by carrielsherry »

Elizabby wrote: April 26th, 2019, 5:07 pm
carrielsherry wrote: April 26th, 2019, 3:10 pm Here is a re-record---I found a different way to record that sounded much cleaner.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fruitofthespirit_45_mabie_128kb.mp3 (4:57)
That does sound much cleaner! What did you do differently? I'm just wondering if you are recording from further away and using more amplification now, as it sounds a little "echo-y". It would probably still be a useful skill to know how to noise-clean.
First version was headphone mic, 2nd ambient laptop mic. Same room, same position. I record most of my short works using the ambient mic, and I didn't realize that using a headphone mic would make such a difference in the sound quality. I've been afraid of the "noise clean" function of audacity because it asks for numerical specifications that I don't understand. I think I looked at a tutorial, but I don't remember it helping. Maybe I just haven't looked at the right one! I'll browse around a little more.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

ZeroToLaunch wrote: April 27th, 2019, 1:20 pm I would like to record "Immortal Love". Section 35.
Hi Zero! Welcome to Librivox! You are welcome to take section 35 - but before you record for me, please do your 1 Minute Test as linked at the top of this page in the Wiki, and as described in your welcome email. Once this is OK, then you can come back here and record for this project.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

carrielsherry wrote: April 27th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Elizabby wrote: April 26th, 2019, 5:07 pm

First version was headphone mic, 2nd ambient laptop mic. Same room, same position. I record most of my short works using the ambient mic, and I didn't realize that using a headphone mic would make such a difference in the sound quality. I've been afraid of the "noise clean" function of audacity because it asks for numerical specifications that I don't understand. I think I looked at a tutorial, but I don't remember it helping. Maybe I just haven't looked at the right one! I'll browse around a little more.
Yes, I wondered if you had switched microphone. Usually a headset microphone will give you a better sound overall, though it will probably require noise cleaning. I suggest you take a small section of your original headset file and upload it as a "test" file to the Listener's and Editor's forum and ask for advice there - that's where all the tech people hang out. I'm not very good with audio engineering myself.
brucek

Post by brucek »

brucek

Post by brucek »

And I would like to claim sections 17 and 18.

~~~~~
Bruce.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Bruce! MW updated!
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim 30, 31 and 32 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

carrielsherry wrote: April 27th, 2019, 2:58 pm I've been afraid of the "noise clean" function of audacity because it asks for numerical specifications that I don't understand. I think I looked at a tutorial, but I don't remember it helping. Maybe I just haven't looked at the right one! I'll browse around a little more.
Emphasis mine above.

I can understand your hesitation. To be honest, I don't understand the different settings either, but what generally works for most people is to leave the last two numbers each at "6." The first number will depend on how loud your noise is. If I don't have much noise, just a little, I'll put that at 6 also. I'd never put that number above maybe 15, because it can distort your voice. It's better to run it twice with a low number than setting it too high. If you like, I can find you an easy to follow video when I get some more time. Noise cleaning is extremely helpful, and not too complicated once you've done it.

Beth, I'll take something here, I think. For now, I'll just subscribe.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

2839reader wrote: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 pm Claim 30, 31 and 32 please.
Done!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Bruce! Chapters 15 and 16 are PL OK! Not only OK, they were really inspirational! Your voice is so dynamic I felt like I was at a tent meeting!
brucek

Post by brucek »

Elizabby wrote: April 30th, 2019, 1:09 am Thanks Bruce! Chapters 15 and 16 are PL OK! Not only OK, they were really inspirational! Your voice is so dynamic I felt like I was at a tent meeting!
Thank you so much, Beth. I find Mabie's work quite compelling and with a definite heuristic element, as is that of Brengle.

~~~~~
Bruce.
ZeroToLaunch

Post by ZeroToLaunch »

Hi, I got approved, I think. Excited to record. :)