COMPLETE [Christianity] Fruits of the Spirit by H. W. Mabie- kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 9, 11, 13 and 14 are PL OK. Thank you so much, Elsie. :D That makes us ready for the catalog.

:clap: :clap: :clap: for all our readers and Beth and Christine.
Pattymarie
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Woo-hoo! :clap: Starting the round-up process now. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That was fast! Thanks everyone for finishing this up while I was sleeping!

I don’t think I will amend the catalogue summary - I don’t really have anything to add.
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

pattymarie wrote: June 12th, 2019, 11:21 am Sections 6 and 7 are PL OK. Thanks, Chad.

This is nothing to try to change with these recordings, but something you might still like to work on to give your listeners a more thoroughly enjoyable experience is toning down your sibilant sounds ( mostly s sounds). They are still quite loud and sharp. My fairly successful solution for that was to switch from recording with a headset mic plugged into the computer to using a small portable recorder that I place on a shelf at the level of my head but not exactly the level of my mouth and sitting to record so that my voice goes at an angle, a slightly oblique one in my case, to the mic from a few inches away. I've sometimes used a nylon stocking stretched over a wire clothes hanger in front of my mouth, too, but that puts more distance between my mouth and mic which reduces the volume. My recorder is a fits-in-the-palm Sony machine, gray with a black panel around the screen and control buttons--no numbers or other descriptors in the name, just Sony is all it says. It was a gift, but I know its price was under a hundred dollars. A lot of Librivoxers use and recommend Zoom H2n (that's the latest label I've known it as)--my best recordings were done on one of those belonging to a friend, but it's pricier and, for me, much more difficult to operate.

Anyway, I'm glad you got to do some more chapters on this project.
Hi Patty!
Thank you for your feedback & glad this project has been successfully completed now! WOW!! :D
Kind regards,
Chad
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/fruits-of-the-spirit-by-hamilton-wright-mabie/
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.