[COMPLETE] Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

thanks again
elsieselwyn wrote: June 28th, 2019, 12:08 pm Section 21 PL OK :thumbs:
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Did you see my post from yesterday that section 8 is uploaded?
ljarrow wrote: June 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm thanks again
elsieselwyn wrote: June 28th, 2019, 12:08 pm Section 21 PL OK :thumbs:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Oh thank you - I saw it and just forgot to put it in the MW
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Kathy and All:

I just finished recording sec 15. Though I have not yet started editing, I have serious concerns that this section will be longer than the maximum file length. I mention this now to give you a chance to figure out how you want deal with it in case it does turn out to be too long.

Lynne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Speaking as the MC: if you cannot massage it into being within 72 minutes, then it's a bit late to add a section, as every submitted section after that one will need to change their audio intro/outro. :?

If it cannot get down to the time limit, then would the BC be willing to add a little of the text to section 16? It wouldn't be a clean split of the text, but since it's not recorded yet, it would work easier than adding a section.

One trick to try to massage the file down is to use the Change Tempo effect on about 1-2% - it doesn't make a noticeable change in pace, but does shorten up the file.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

I know about change tempo, thanks. I'm the reader on 16 also, so if its ok with the powers that be, I will handle juggling the text if that becomes necessary
TriciaG wrote: July 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm Speaking as the MC: if you cannot massage it into being within 72 minutes, then it's a bit late to add a section, as every submitted section after that one will need to change their audio intro/outro. :?

If it cannot get down to the time limit, then would the BC be willing to add a little of the text to section 16? It wouldn't be a clean split of the text, but since it's not recorded yet, it would work easier than adding a section.

One trick to try to massage the file down is to use the Change Tempo effect on about 1-2% - it doesn't make a noticeable change in pace, but does shorten up the file.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_04_mueller_128kb.mp3 [58:16]

Thanks for your patience in getting these files; the narration was completed in late May, but due to computer and internet issues, it took a bit to get the final product ... well ... Finalized, pending PLing.

Appreciation to all of the coordinators of this massive work!

Well done!
~Angelique
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Update on Sec 15. Even with the tightest possible edit, the file was 5 minutes too long. It required a change tempo of 6 percent to bring it to size. I tried it and it was just too fast. There is no use recording something unlistenable. So, I propose to cut the file at "Analysis" (pg. 286) and add that section to section 16 which is shorter by a good bit than 15. If someone has a better idea, let me know or I will proceed with my plan. Excuse me, but I'm new here and I don't really understand who is supposed to decide what. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes; also have no problem taking the ball and running with it.

Lynne

ljarrow wrote: July 1st, 2019, 5:11 pm I know about change tempo, thanks. I'm the reader on 16 also, so if its ok with the powers that be, I will handle juggling the text if that becomes necessary
TriciaG wrote: July 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm Speaking as the MC: if you cannot massage it into being within 72 minutes, then it's a bit late to add a section, as every submitted section after that one will need to change their audio intro/outro. :?

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Sections 4 and 8 PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
amelita

Post by amelita »

Section 13 Uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_13_mueller_128kb.mp3
33:07 in length

Notes:
- I left out the parenthetical notes re typesetting, e.g. "internal brackets and quotation marks omitted", since this is useless info when listening.
- I think I used a slightly different style when reading the citations. Please let me know if that's okay!
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Giving an update on section 20 - recorded and I still have to do my PL of it. Sorry this one has taken me so long.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

ljarrow wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 12:42 am Update on Sec 15. Even with the tightest possible edit, the file was 5 minutes too long. It required a change tempo of 6 percent to bring it to size. I tried it and it was just too fast. There is no use recording something unlistenable. So, I propose to cut the file at "Analysis" (pg. 286) and add that section to section 16 which is shorter by a good bit than 15. If someone has a better idea, let me know or I will proceed with my plan. Excuse me, but I'm new here and I don't really understand who is supposed to decide what. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes; also have no problem taking the ball and running with it.

Lynne
The BC is supposed to make this call (the sections should have been divided so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place). But since no one has responded to this yet, I as MC will make the call. Go for it. Cut section 15 where you said, and add it to 16. Thanks so much!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Great, thanks! I'll have both sections uploaded sometime tonight.

Lynne

TriciaG wrote: July 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm
ljarrow wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 12:42 am Update on Sec 15. Even with the tightest possible edit, the file was 5 minutes too long. It required a change tempo of 6 percent to bring it to size. I tried it and it was just too fast. There is no use recording something unlistenable. So, I propose to cut the file at "Analysis" (pg. 286) and add that section to section 16 which is shorter by a good bit than 15. If someone has a better idea, let me know or I will proceed with my plan. Excuse me, but I'm new here and I don't really understand who is supposed to decide what. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes; also have no problem taking the ball and running with it.

Lynne
The BC is supposed to make this call (the sections should have been divided so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place). But since no one has responded to this yet, I as MC will make the call. Go for it. Cut section 15 where you said, and add it to 16. Thanks so much!
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Here's section 16

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_16_mueller_128kb.mp3

1:09:50

Note to Elsie: This section now begins on page 286 with the heading "Analysis" (section 15 will be correspondingly shorter)

Thanks! Hope you had a delightful vacation :)

Lynne
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Section 15 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_15_mueller_128kb.mp3

1:02:30

Note to Elsie: this section now ends at the top of pg. 286, at the end of the first paragraph "says there is no collusion, when does it end?"

This is the last of my assigned files. Happy to do more sections if anyone wants help.

Lynne