[COMPLETE] Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election by Robert Mueller (1944 - 0).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/report-on-the-investigation-into-russian-interference-in-the-2016-presidential-election-by-robert-mueller/
The long-anticipated report from Robert Mueller's team reporting the results of investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential Election ( Samuel Stinson)
See recording tips/notes in this post: viewtopic.php?p=1582118#p1582118
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf (138 MB)
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Section [number] of Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election, by Robert Mueller. [Section]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Section]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election, by Robert Mueller. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      report2016electioninterference_##_mueller_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. report2016electioninterference_01_mueller_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
      Some general rules:

- Skip the footnotes.

- For legal references, for example, "18 USC §12 (a)" read as "Title 18 United States Code Section 12 Subsection A"

If you are unsure as to what USC, CFR or any other reference means, Google is a very quick and good reference or you can ask. I'm happy to answer questions or we can figure it out together. :)

- For the Redactions (and there really are loads of them) simply say: "Redacted: Harm to Ongoing Matter" or "Redacted: Personal Privacy." and so on and so forth.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by stinssd on April 23rd, 2019, 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Dear MC,

I'd be glad to help set up the sections. I'm also volunteering to read the initial introduction and first chapter material for both volume one and volume two, once these sections are set up. I'm suggesting that we divide the sections roughly using the outline--that way, each reading would be about 10 pages of material more or less. But of course, there are other ways to do this.

Also, I'd be glad to volunteer to co-MC this project, since I haven't MC-ed anything in awhile. Thanks!
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I'm in! I'd love to record some of this and, while I don't think I can DPL, I can PL other sections if this doesn't get a DPL.
Josh Kibbey
Foon

Post by Foon »

Just leaving a note to say that I AM IN. This will be a massively interesting project.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

stinssd wrote: April 18th, 2019, 2:02 pm Dear MC,

I'd be glad to help set up the sections. I'm also volunteering to read the initial introduction and first chapter material for both volume one and volume two, once these sections are set up. I'm suggesting that we divide the sections roughly using the outline--that way, each reading would be about 10 pages of material more or less. But of course, there are other ways to do this.

Also, I'd be glad to volunteer to co-MC this project, since I haven't MC-ed anything in awhile. Thanks!
Umm, all the MC does is make a Magic Window (blank) available, and catalog the project at the end. The section divisions, filling in the MW, claims filling, running after readers, etc. is all on the book coordinator (BC), which at this point looks like you. Perhaps you want a co-BC?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

I'm in.
_______
Kathy
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

stinssd wrote: April 18th, 2019, 2:02 pm Dear MC,

I'll help to split things up and act as co-BC. :)
_______
Kathy
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

It’s been awhile since I did BC work—could you all direct me to the guide for creating sections?
Samuel Stinson

ktzn

Post by ktzn »

Check your pm.
_______
Kathy
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Do you need a DPL? I’d love to if no one else has claimed it!
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

I will happily contribute narration to this project!

If I can be of other assistance (I see DPL and PL are covered, but if there are additional needs,) I will certainly help as much as possible.

Regards,
~Angelique
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

I'm in like the Russians.

If I might make a suggestion, though: I think the title of this should include the word "Redacted" in case they release the rest of it one day.

Perhaps "Redacted Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election" or "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election, Redacted"?
Mike
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up. A few notes:

- I've shortened the file name to something manageable.
- I've added that this is the redacted version to the summary/intro in the database, which will be what shows up in the catalog.
- I changed the intro wording to say "Section [number]" instead of "chapter [number]".
- Sam is in as BC, ktzn/Kathy as co-BC, and Elsie as DPL. That's all the slots, so no one else can have MW access.
- Umm, I think that's it. :?

I'm not sure what Kathy PM'd you, Sam, but here's my regular spiel for BCs new to the "new" (since 2013) Magic Window:

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs

Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

For your own sanity, I recommend putting the claim date in the notes field. That way if someone disappears, you have a clue as to when the claimed the section, so you are more comfortable orphaning it at the right time. :)

When a section is uploaded, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

I'm leaving the house for a few hours. I can put out any fires then, or you've got a lot of experienced folks here who can help you out if you have questions.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh! And I HIGHLY recommend that readers do not start to claim sections until after the MW is filled in and some of the initial wrinkles are ironed out. It gets too confusing otherwise, and with this many cooks in the kitchen, we don't want it any more confusing that it already is. ;)
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

Thanks Tricia! I pm'ed Sam an initial split of the report. He's at a conference right now, so we'll figure it out soon and assign sections.

Fair warning: It's A LOT of audio, folks, and it's technical. I had it split 25 ways -- we'll see if we break it up more. We'll have some additional instructions on how to handle the redactions and how to read legal code designations, etc.,
_______
Kathy