[COMPLETE] Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I'd like to claim section 12, please.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Entered. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
amelita

Post by amelita »

I’ll read sections 3 and 11
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You're in!
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

TriciaG wrote: September 15th, 2019, 5:32 am Hmm. Kathy hasn't logged in since the beginning of July. I assume she'd want this project to keep moving, since it's a current event.

Since her sections are way over 2 months claimed, I've opened up all but the first one - assuming if she has worked on any of them, she'd start with the first and work her way downward.

Lynne - feel free to claim more, but I'd say only claim one at a time for now to give others a chance to record, too - and hopefully that will help us record these faster. :)

(I show Sam as the BC and Kathy as co-BC, although it appears Kathy has done most of the coordinating.)
We have been co-BCing, but indeed.
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Looks like sec 14 is still unclaimed. I can do that one if so.

Lynne
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

ljarrow wrote: September 15th, 2019, 4:37 pm Looks like sec 14 is still unclaimed. I can do that one if so.

Lynne
Yes. Please do.
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Okey dokey
stinssd wrote: September 15th, 2019, 5:24 pm
ljarrow wrote: September 15th, 2019, 4:37 pm Looks like sec 14 is still unclaimed. I can do that one if so.

Lynne
Yes. Please do.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 9:

Volume 94.1 dB; please amplify by -5 dB.

0:00 at the start, say "Section 9 of Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference ..." rather than the title of the section as written in the MW.

0:36 - this is where the section title goes. :)

About 55:45 - "Egypt submitted a resolution to the United States Security Council" - should this be "United Nations"?
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

Hey Tricia, Samuel et al...

I've done the recording of sec 14 and it is 1 hour 24 minutes. I'm going tighten the spacing between words on edit and try a 2% tempo change but I don't know if that will get me there. Then what?

In a previous situation I had with another section, I fortunately was doing two consecutive sections and thus could change the division point between the two sections without causing re-numbering issues. That's not the case here.

So, I am wondering, why can a file only be 72 minutes long? Is it the actual running time or is it the file size (number of MB of the mp3) that is at issue? If it is file size, one way is to reduce the bit rate of the mp3 of the file to 96kbps.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what other choice there is but to create a Section 14a and sec 14b.

I raise these issues now because I'm not optimistic about getting the file down to size. I recorded using punch and roll so there are no major hunks that have to be removed on edit.

Lynne
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

I'm eager to learn the answer as well.
Samuel Stinson

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The run time limit is so people can burn the audio onto CDs, if they choose. So it's a time limit, not a file size limit.

I'm thinking our best course is to do a file split into 14a and 14b. It'll be a pain to catalog that way, but I'm not sure what else to do. We can't have you changing the tempo so much that you sound like you are speed-reading!

*sigh* Failure on the part of the one who set up the sections to take into account word counts. :(

The good news is that you won't have to tighten up the spaces if you don't want to. ;)

EDIT: I'll go in and add the extra section.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I've added it. I assume the logical break will be with section A and B in separate files.

When doing the intro, please do "section 14a" and "section 14b", since we're not going to change the numbering of the sections.
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Will there be two links for 14 in the MW?
Samuel Stinson