[COMPLETE] Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

I just uploaded section 19. "Checker" complained because the file is 1 hour 12 min. Please let me know if that is not OK.

Also notes for Elsie on proofing. I made the decision to shorten three legal citations in section L page 369 paragraph 1
thus for example, instead of United States v Willoughby 860 f.2d 15, 24 (2nd Cir. 1988) I read it as United States v Willoughby (2nd Cir. 1988) to make it listenable to an ordinary person. If that is not OK, please tell me.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

ljarrow wrote: May 7th, 2019, 10:23 am I just uploaded section 19. "Checker" complained because the file is 1 hour 12 min. Please let me know if that is not OK.

Also notes for Elsie on proofing. I made the decision to shorten three legal citations in section L page 369 paragraph 1
thus for example, instead of United States v Willoughby 860 f.2d 15, 24 (2nd Cir. 1988) I read it as United States v Willoughby (2nd Cir. 1988) to make it listenable to an ordinary person. If that is not OK, please tell me.
Can you include the url which the uploader produced when you uploaded the audio? Also, the time limit is 72 minutes. If it’s a couple seconds over, you might have to shave it down a bit. In audacity, you can use the change tempo tool to make the audio go faster without changing the pitch. The shortening of citations should be fine :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

uh oh. I already closed the uploader window (sorry, my first time). Is there any way to find that? The file is 1 hour 12 min and 14 seconds.
elsieselwyn wrote: May 7th, 2019, 10:26 am
ljarrow wrote: May 7th, 2019, 10:23 am I just uploaded section 19. "Checker" complained because the file is 1 hour 12 min. Please let me know if that is not OK.

Can you include the url which the uploader produced when you uploaded the audio? Also, the time limit is 72 minutes. If it’s a couple seconds over, you might have to shave it down a bit. In audacity, you can use the change tempo tool to make the audio go faster without changing the pitch. The shortening of citations should be fine :)
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

That’s okay. Just try to get the audio under 72 minutes and then reupload it :)

The url should appear after you’ve hit thr upload button.
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

To expand a little on what Elsie said:

Using the Change Tempo on the whole recording and increasing it 1% will put you under the 72-minute limit, and won't noticeably change the pacing.

(Checker fails things that are 60 minutes or longer, but the limit is actually 72 minutes. So don't worry about the Checker failure.) :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ljarrow

Post by ljarrow »

OK! Second try on Section 19
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_19_mueller_128kb.mp3

Length is now 1 hour 11 min 56 seconds
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Yay! Thank you!
ktzn

Post by ktzn »

Good Lord. Sorry for the radio silence. Somehow I got logged out of the forums and I hadn't received any notifications! Thought it was awfully quiet -- and logged in and bam! So much progress! Thanks for filling in everyone!

Y'all are awesome. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
_______
Kathy
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Just 2 PL notes on Section 17:

@2:10 I heard "if that's what you say, I love it" and the text says "if it's what you say, I love it"
*since this is a direct quote from Donald Trump, Jr. repeated often throughout the report I think it's important to be word perfect

@30:20 I heard July 23, 2018 and the text says August 23, 2018

Otherwise excellent work! :D :clap:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 1 PL OK :thumbs:
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks - will correct and resubmit tomorrow!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 17 PL OK :thumbs:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Wow! Good job :clap: Section 19 PL OK :thumbs: