Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's Sec. 20.

I've sounded better. Seems to be what I can do right now. Sorry. :(
Eschew obfuscation.
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's 21, Ann. He gives the reader an amazingly accurate idea of future air wars. He only got the particular combatants wrong.
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 19 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 20 and 21 are PL OK! I didn't think that section 21 sounded too different that the rest. I did hear a tiny bit of raspy-ness, but that's about it. And it was not that bad, I think the section is fine. Have a good rest!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Thanks for the kind words, Ann, but the worst of it never made the cut, and what you did hear is heavily edited.

Anyway, as Prof. Higgins sang, "I think I've got it! By George, I've GOT it!" Dr. Google led me to some pretty interesting stuff on the subject, and I believe that I'd not been drinking enough H2O for quite some time. You can be dehydrated without necessarily feeling thirsty. Nothing new about that, but I guess I never took it seriously enough. Anyway, after frequently imbibing it for a couple of days I found recording and editing Section 22 to be more like old times. Gonna keep on keeping on and hope it's solved the problem.

On a much more serious note, I read about Tyler Skaggs and have an idea how Angels fans must feel. We get to take these boys into our lives for a while almost as if they're family, and I know a death of an apparently fit athlete at such a young age can be devastating. So sorry.

After all that, have as happy a 4th as you can.

Lee
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, it was a massive shock to learn that Tyler had died from my phone. The game on the following day was hard to watch, both the Angels and the Rangers were playing very sloppy baseball, which was completely understandable. He was a good guy, and his arm was finally becoming electric. I am just hoping that his death is not as bad as it could be, that he was partying a little too hard.

At least Trouty hit two home runs last night! His smile is starting to come back slowly!

I'm glad you figured out the throat thing! I think we all deal with it at some point in time. I have been dealing with it as well, but drinking a lot of water definitely does help!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 22 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's 23, Ann.
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 23 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Drinking lots of water now. The act of speaking actually feels easier and the voice doesn't seem quite so hoarse.
Here's 24. A presidential address before a joint session of Congress described almost as if it were today.
Eschew obfuscation.
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's 25.
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Parts 24 and 25 are PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's 26. This hasn't exactly been a page-turner. Anxious to finish it, maybe take a little break (which I rarely do) and find a genuine masterpiece. :)
Eschew obfuscation.
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Sec. 27. Time to do write the book summary, which is not going to be an easy one!
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 26 and 27 are PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!