COMPLETE: Short Nonfiction Collection, Vol. 065 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Whoops! I added the March 2019 to the beginning and end of Volume 1 and re-uploaded. Time is back to 26:20.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
soupy

Post by soupy »

Your reading of vol 1 is PLOK :thumbs:

Off to celebrate Easter. PL more tomorrow.

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Thanks! Enjoy your celebration!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

ColleenMc wrote: April 21st, 2019, 6:06 am
Also, Exec Summary from volume 2 is uploaded:

Report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election, Executive Summary, Vol. 2 by Robert S. Mueller III

Thanks!
Colleen
Hi Colleen, I have PL'd Vol. II. In all essentials, it is well read, very clear and easy to follow. :) I am providing you here with just three small deviations from the text that I noticed, for you to correct. If this were a "standard" PL, I would let them go, but in as much as I personally, believe this report needs to be proofed "Word Perfect," I am asking for these corrections:

Page 4, in section titled "The President's Termination of Comey, at 5:49, the text reads: "Comey's termination resulted from independent recommendation from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General." You inserted a "the" in front of the words "Deputy Attorney General."

----------
Page 6, first paragraph, at 12:58, the text reads "directing White House officials to tell MGahn to dispute the story and create a record stating he had not been ordered..." You inserted a "that" before the words "he had not been ordered."

------------

Page 7, in the section "Statutory and Constitutional Defenses, at 18:51, the text reads: "We concluded that none of those..." You said "these" for "those."

Craig will be along to PL also, as you already know.

Thank you for contributing these executive summaries to Vol. 065! :)
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for volume 2 Colleen :thumbs:

I agree with Sue's findings except:

Page 7, in the section "Statutory and Constitutional Defenses, at 18:51, the text reads: "We concluded that none of those..." You said "these" for "those." - this error was a 19:51

I also noted this small error

18:27 Although the series of events we investigated involved discrete acts, the overall pattern of the President's conduct towards the investigations - I hear investigation

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Mueller exec summary from volume 2 - updated file is uploaded. Time is still 25:10!

Thank you both for such thorough and speedy PL-ing!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for the corrections Colleen. PLOK :thumbs:

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
headandheart

Post by headandheart »

Original rough draught of the Declaration of Independence
by Thomas Jefferson

From the Library of Congress
https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/declara/ruffdrft.html

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf065_originaldeclarationofindependence_jefferson_128kb.mp3
12:26
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

headandheart wrote: April 27th, 2019, 3:13 pm Original rough draught of the Declaration of Independence
by Thomas Jefferson

From the Library of Congress
https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/declara/ruffdrft.html

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf065_originaldeclarationofindependence_jefferson_128kb.mp3
12:26
Hi Headandheart

Thanks for your contribution to Vol. 65. :) Jefferson's Original Draught of the Declaration of Independence is, without question an important document. as is evidenced by the inclusion of facsimiles of the 4 pages written in Jefferson's hand in the Library of Congress' exhibition "Declaring Independence: Drafting the Documents"--the source you cite for your reading. There is only one problem which arises with using this source, and that is, if you read the draft from the the transcript of the document -- since the transcript is not in the public domain. (The Papers of Thomas Jefferson. Vol. 1, 1760-1776. Ed. Julian P. Boyd. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1950, pp 243-247)

Rather than enter into a long discussion of copyright, which is treated in the LibriVox wiki and elsewhere on the forum, I am going to provide you with a clearly public domain facsimile of the hand-written draft, also from the Library of Congress, http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2003656533/. (published in 1896), and ask simply that you look it over, and if you can determine that what you read coincides with this out-of-copyright document, then we can use this as the source for your reading.

I'm sorry if this seems like me "being picky," but long experience as BC of the Nonfiction Collection has led me to err on the side of caution.

Your actual recording was nicely read, and we are glad to have your contribution to the Nonfiction Collection. :)

Also, I see this will be your first LibriVox recording for the catalog. Would you please tell me how you want your name listed in the catalog. You can use your forum name or your real name.

Thank you,

Sue (Book Coordinator)

Edit: June 2, 2019

As of 6/2/2019, there has been no response from the reader to concerns voiced by myself, the Book Coordinator, about the source from which he read this selection. Neither has the reader responded to the PM I sent him on May 4, 2019. Therefore, in accordance with the posted rules for proof listening and deadline for edits of the Nonfiction Collection (Rule #5), I am removing this selection until we hear back from headandheart. (As of June 2, 2019, he has not posted elsewhere on LibriVox either; his selection submitted to the Nonfiction Collection is his sole LibriVox post as of 6/2/2019.)

PM to headandheart about my decision.
Last edited by Sue Anderson on June 2nd, 2019, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

On a slightly lighter note....

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf065_chocolaterecipes_parloa_bbs_128kb.mp3

Time is 42.16

Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Homemade Candy Recipes by Hill and Parloa
Ebook 13177
www.gutenberg.org/files/13177/13177-h/13177-h.htm

Reading is "Choice Recipes" by Miss Maria Parloa

BettyB
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

BettyB wrote: April 28th, 2019, 3:31 pm On a slightly lighter note....

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf065_chocolaterecipes_parloa_bbs_128kb.mp3

Time is 42.16

Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Homemade Candy Recipes by Hill and Parloa
Ebook 13177
www.gutenberg.org/files/13177/13177-h/13177-h.htm

Reading is "Choice Recipes" by Miss Maria Parloa

BettyB
Thanks, Betty! :) I may get inspired to make the chocolate ice-cream! Many of the recipes sound quite do-able.
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for the recipes for chocolate Betty :D

PLOK :thumbs:

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for the reading Headandheart :D

I read from the link you provided and found the following errors.

:20 at the beginning you should have read
A Declaration of the Representatives of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in General Congress assembled.

4:31 he has made our judges dependant on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and amount of their salaries: - read and the amount

Otherwise its word perfect per the professor's link if you have checked the link you submitted.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf065_holyland_carpenter_bbs_128kb.mp3
Time is 12.15

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.179642/page/
The Holy Land and Syria by Frank G. Carpenter 1855-1924

Reading is "Holy Land and Syria Under New Rulers"
BettyB
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

BettyB wrote: April 29th, 2019, 7:57 pm The Holy Land and Syria by Frank G. Carpenter 1855-1924

Reading is "Holy Land and Syria Under New Rulers"
BettyB
Hi Betty,
Thank you for this contribution to Volume 65! :)