[COMPLETE]World's Story 7: Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 20th, 2019, 8:57 amHere are 18 and 54:
I hope I haven't hurried these too much. I especially liked the ceremony for knighting. :D
thank you, Jim, for the especially fast turn-around :9: both sections flawlessly read too and PL ok. Wow this story of the Faust-Türmchen was really something. :shock: what intirgues and treason. Still I somehow pitied the traitor in the end.

I found a picture of the tower, shortly before it was destroyed. It's probably the only picture of it still remaining. You can see that it was really a confined prison:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Val_055_6.jpg

And the project can get archived now :9: so we come to our final thank-you speech, as always :mrgreen: :

Book 7 has been recorded in the combined effort of no less than 30 readers in total.
Like before, here comes the list of contributors' names (in alphabetical order and in colour).
Key to the colour-coding, as always:
Red: readers in each of the 7 books so far :clap:
Blue: readers in 6 books
Green: readers in 5 books
Violet: readers in 2 books already
and Black: readers who have made their debut in the series with this book (hopefully not the last book though)

aaronwhite1977 / adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / benderca / bluechien / catharmaiden / ColleenMC / flup / Foon / fsurget / GregGiordano / Horner94 / iBeScotty / idcmate / jbarbacc / Kikisaulite / kissy / Kitty / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / Nella / NemoR / RobMarland / rumpledpoetry / RuthP / Stoofy / ToddHW / WiltedScribe

In that context, I am giving a warm welcome to those readers whose very first (or almost first) section was in this project :clap: flup, idcmate, jbarbacc, kissy and rumpledpoetry. All your readings were great.

Now to the special mentions:

1) Jim needs to get the first place here as he grabbed a bunch of awards:
> First PL ok section with An appeal to Caesar, what better way to start the project ?
> Longest section with 25 minutes for Frederic the Great and the Silesian War
> 50% mark reached with Peace or War
> Most sections recorded: 25 in total and participating in both dramas
> also a big thank you for PLing all my sections yet again. (And now I'll stop before I make you blush) :lol:

2) a special applause to our drama crew, which managed to complete the 100th section in this project with The shot of William Tell. A worthy contribution, thanks to: Aaron, Alan, Devorah, Eva, Foon, Frédéric, Jim, Monika, Nemo, Philip, Sandra, Stoofy, TJ, Todd, Tomas and myself

3) a big extra thank you goes to Stoofy, for his great performance as Tell's son Walter. I think Stoofy was the youngest reader ever to have participated in this series. I think that deserves a special mention.

4) another special mention goes to Alan for his great musical performance on The Watch on the Rhine. I really loved that song. Thanks !

5) and of course I won't forget Miguel (Basquetteur), who again created our wonderful CD cover. The series looks so great on the catalogue page :9: https://librivox.org/group/605

Thank you ALL !

End of speech, now let me get to cataloguing :lol: Will post the link when it's done.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for the picture of the tower. Awesome! I felt sorry for him too, but he was a monster, after all. :?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And it's in the box 8-)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-vii-germany-the-netherlands-and-switzerland-by-eva-march-tappan/

Now moving this to Completed Projects !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.