[COMPLETE]World's Story 7: Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kikisaulite wrote: June 19th, 2019, 2:24 amNo, it does not hurt a bit, it was just common cold, but for last few weeks I sounded like old grandpa that has been smoking his whole life devotedly and passionately... :D
:lol: ok I would have liked to hear that ! Yes I can imagine what it sounded like. I have this hoarse, raspy voice sometimes in winter when my throat is totally raw. I often avoid recording then because it hurts very much. But of course usually it happens in my holidays when I absolutely want to record some stuff :roll:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 70. Jim :)
flup

Post by flup »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jim and Philip, will PL tomorrow !!!

Jim: did you upload ? there is no link :hmm:
ah found it in my folder...you just forgot to post the link ;) here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_070_tappan_128kb.mp3
how long is the recording please ?

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry about that--senility! Time is 15:29.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 19th, 2019, 11:45 am Sorry about that--senility! Time is 15:29.
thank you, Jim. And it's not senility, oversights can happen at any age ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 19th, 2019, 4:59 amHere is 70. Jim :)
great job again, Jim, absolutely flawless reading :thumbs: perfectly PL ok.

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

flup wrote: June 19th, 2019, 7:58 amHere's section 59!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume7_059_tappan_128kb.mp3
22:19:30
so, Philip, I finally also listened to your recording. Wonderfully narrated, very lively read, totally fitting for the action-packed story in this chapter. :thumbs: The text itself was almost entirely word-perfect too, so nothing to declare here.

In the end I was wondering how on earth the Dutch got all the water off their submerged land again :?

There is only one tiny thing to change:

> at the end of the recording you leave over 8 seconds of silence, while we have a standard of only 5 seconds. Would it be possible to cut a few seconds and reupload it all ? Then all will be perfect

> since you're reuploading anyway, please take care to change the filename too: it needs a leading 0 before the number 7 in worldstory_volume07

thanks. Excellent job !

Sonia
flup

Post by flup »

Thanks so much for the kind words!!! Here's the new upload!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_059_tappan_128kb.mp3 (22:15)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

flup wrote: June 20th, 2019, 3:08 am Thanks so much for the kind words!!! Here's the new upload!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_059_tappan_128kb.mp3 (22:15)
thank you, that was fast. Now it's PL ok :)

Congrats on your first officially finished section for LibriVox. Many more to come hopefully. :9:

Sonia
bokeh

Post by bokeh »

I'd like to record a section if its still available: Section 18, The little Faust tower of Munich, by Frantz Trautmann
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bokeh wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:47 amI'd like to record a section if its still available: Section 18, The little Faust tower of Munich, by Frantz Trautmann
hello and welcome to this project :D certainly the section is still available and I can sign you up for it. I see you already passed the one-minute-test :thumbs: so you can immediately start.

I need to open a personal reader page for you, so could you please tell me which reader name you want to go by ? Can be the same as your forum name or your real name or pseudonym. Just let me know and I sign you up officially. :)

For details about correct intro/outro, filenaming and how to treat footnotes, please carefully read the first two posts.

Any questions still, don't hesitate to ask. Otherwise: have fun recording !

Sonia
bokeh

Post by bokeh »

Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:55 am
bokeh wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:47 amI'd like to record a section if its still available: Section 18, The little Faust tower of Munich, by Frantz Trautmann
hello and welcome to this project :D certainly the section is still available and I can sign you up for it. I see you already passed the one-minute-test :thumbs: so you can immediately start.

I need to open a personal reader page for you, so could you please tell me which reader name you want to go by ? Can be the same as your forum name or your real name or pseudonym. Just let me know and I sign you up officially. :)

For details about correct intro/outro, filenaming and how to treat footnotes, please carefully read the first two posts.

Any questions still, don't hesitate to ask. Otherwise: have fun recording !

Sonia
Thank You. I've read the first two posts and will follow the guidelines for my recording submission.

I also recorded aWeekly Poetry yesterday. During that submission, aradlaw set up my catalog associating my forum username with my name, Robert Marshall

I'm here to learn and hopefully progress over time :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bokeh wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:37 pmI also recorded aWeekly Poetry yesterday. During that submission, aradlaw set up my catalog associating my forum username with my name, Robert Marshall
ah ok, then you already have a reader page, so I can simply assign the section to you. Thanks for confirmation, Robert ! Have fun recording.

Sonia