[COMPLETE][FULL] Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Craigos wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:12 am
Sounds great, I would like to hear a full report.
we're back and it was great.

We were so clever that we only went in the late afternoon, so we still had great weather, but the sun was not scorching and burning down on us. The setting of the medieval fortress was excellent. You can see the castle here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_Castle,_Luxembourg (well it's nothing you haven't seen in England as well, but our friends from Canada may not have those settings !!!) :9:

We arrived and saw the ending performance of a Russian ballerina, accompanied by a great violin artist. Then we had some barbecue and tasted a Russian beverage, some sort of berry juice called mors. Very tasty. After that there was an all female chorus singing Russian folk songs, they were really great. And then there was a Siberian folklore dance group, which was very interesting to watch. All over the place there were little market stalls with stuff to buy but we mainly went there to watch the shows. There also was an art exhibition of Russian painters, very talented too. Some pictures were beautiful but the prices were a bit high. We would have bought one if they had taken credit card, but they didn't and we definitely weren't running around with so much cash on us :lol: So we didn't buy them in the end. It was an entertaining afternoon. 8-)

Thank you for your sections, will PL them tomorrow probably.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 29th, 2019, 1:38 pm

ah I had a bit more time so I did them immediately. All three are PL ok. The Duke has a bit of a shifty character as well I find. ;)

The very short scene of 4.5. is ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_4_5.mp3
Recoding time: 1:02 min.

The other two are still missing roles.

Great job again, Craig !! Thanks, and good night

Sonia

Craigos
Posts: 542
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 8:42 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Craigos » June 29th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Kitty wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Craigos wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:12 am
Sounds great, I would like to hear a full report.
we're back and it was great.

We were so clever that we only went in the late afternoon, so we still had great weather, but the sun was not scorching and burning down on us. The setting of the medieval fortress was excellent. You can see the castle here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_Castle,_Luxembourg (well it's nothing you haven't seen in England as well, but our friends from Canada may not have those settings !!!) :9:

We arrived and saw the ending performance of a Russian ballerina, accompanied by a great violin artist. Then we had some barbecue and tasted a Russian beverage, some sort of berry juice called mors. Very tasty. After that there was an all female chorus singing Russian folk songs, they were really great. And then there was a Siberian folklore dance group, which was very interesting to watch. All over the place there were little market stalls with stuff to buy but we mainly went there to watch the shows. There also was an art exhibition of Russian painters, very talented too. Some pictures were beautiful but the prices were a bit high. We would have bought one if they had taken credit card, but they didn't and we definitely weren't running around with so much cash on us :lol: So we didn't buy them in the end. It was an entertaining afternoon. 8-)

Thank you for your sections, will PL them tomorrow probably.

Sonia
Sounds fantastic!!! and the castle looks incredible.
Very jealous!


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 3rd, 2019, 2:29 am

:shock: woah that was a long episode for the Duke in the final act. Excellently done, Craig !! And here I thought you needed to bathe your vocal chords with tea ;)

I also liked Froth (highly naive and funny) and Justice (very stern). A pity they only had small roles.

Justice is already PL ok.

PL notes for the Duke:

> at 6:37: "Respect to your great place! and let the devil" – “place” is cut out :hmm: there seems to be a jump in the audio

> at 8:39: "Thou art the first knave that e’er madest a Duke." – your pronunciation makes it sound like it’s “making someone mad”, but it’s only the archaic version of “made”

PL notes for Froth:

> at about 0:23: two missed lines: “Here in Vienna, sir.” and “Yes, an’t please you, sir.

thanks

Sonia


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 4th, 2019, 1:53 am

Craigos wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 11:38 am
Here are my remaining parts and the corrections.
thanks, Craig !!!! :9:

Abhorson is simply hilarious. He is a bit doddering in his voice and at one point almost too cheerful when he mentions the axe upon the block. Quite a bit of dark humour, the good man has. :mrgreen:

All your parts are PL ok. I only was able to assemble the voice credits, so these are ready for PL. I tried to stay faithful to the list at the beginning of the text.
I'm sorry, I can't offer to do any proofing or compiling. I'd like to be, but need to get clear of other commitments first.
that's ok, don't worry. For the moment I'm ok with handling the editing. If I need help, I holler.

I hope you get your backlog worked off :) At least your parts for this play are all finished now.

Have a nice day

Sonia

Craigos
Posts: 542
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 8:42 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Craigos » July 4th, 2019, 11:33 am

Thanks. Look forward to the next project.
Cheers

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2201
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » July 4th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 5th, 2019, 6:17 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 10:37 pm
At long last, one more character is ready to go. Here is Pompey the tapster:
ah well worth the wait, I love the accent :lol: :9: also the bit of fearful attitude he shows towards Barnadine, it's a funny scene. Great job, Tomas, all are PL ok.

This gave me a lot to edit right now, but I finished 3 long scenes :shock:

1.2. and 3.2. are already ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_1_2.mp3
Recording time: 10:29 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_3_2.mp3
Recording time: 16:08 min.

4.2. is almost finished, I only found two missing stage directions :oops: so I will record them as soon as I am home and edit them in:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_4_2.mp3
Recording time: 11:46 min.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 5th, 2019, 7:50 am

and here is the finished 4.2. with added stage directions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_4_2.mp3
Recording time: 11:48 min.

Now I need a rest LOL that was a lot of editing for one day.

Sonia

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2201
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » July 5th, 2019, 9:43 am

WOW Sonia. :shock: You must be Wonder Woman LOL. I wasn't expecting you to edit all of these scenes in a single day. This is amazing. :9: Thank you so much for keeping this moving. I'll have these PL'ed soon. I actually wanted to start on Angelo today, but now I'm not sure if I'll feel guilty for swamping you like this. :oops:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 5th, 2019, 10:10 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 9:43 am
WOW Sonia. :shock: You must be Wonder Woman LOL.
:lol: surely not. I just had a bit of spare time today, so I figured, let's see how far I can go. In the final scene my head started to be dizzy though. Be extra vigilant with the PL job this time.
I actually wanted to start on Angelo today, but now I'm not sure if I'll feel guilty for swamping you like this. :oops:
not sure if I can edit them over the weekend, but whenever you want to record, please do. (and please don't forget Gessler !!!)

Sonia

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2201
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » July 6th, 2019, 6:34 pm

I have the first two scenes for Angelo ready for now, with the rest to come within the next few days. I feel he has a similar personality to Isabella: very strict and fairly unemotional (the main difference being he is far less pious). In this way one can understand why he's so taken with Isabella: they share the same kind of no-nonsense attitude. I'm excited to record his conversations with her and then hear them together. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_angelo_1_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_angelo_2_1.mp3
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | A Woman is a Weathercock | The Dialogues of the Gods | The Mueller Report | The Tender Husband | Doctor Johnson | Eunuchus

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18256
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 7th, 2019, 6:28 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 6:34 pm
I have the first two scenes for Angelo ready for now, with the rest to come within the next few days. I feel he has a similar personality to Isabella: very strict and fairly unemotional (the main difference being he is far less pious). In this way one can understand why he's so taken with Isabella: they share the same kind of no-nonsense attitude. I'm excited to record his conversations with her and then hear them together. :mrgreen:
yes I love the voice you're giving Angelo (bit of an arrogant bastard isn't he ?). You're right, in a certain type of movie, Angelo and Isabella would have lots of chemistry together even when fighting and they would probably end up together in a steamy love/hate relationship :lol: sadly this is not one of those movies. But I can see where you're getting at. I also think their dialogues will sound great together. Well, you have my part to listen to while you do yours ;)

Both scenes PL ok. That gives me something to edit again. Can't promise I will do both today, but at the latest tomorrow.

Thanks

Sonia

Post Reply