[COMPLETE][FULL] Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Craig ! just a bit of patience with the PL, will do them tomorrow. I was only shortly hopping in, but will log off now again

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh, you are going in the correct order of the play ? Won't that confuse you with the voices you're doing ?

The second gentleman sounds like comic relief :mrgreen: quite a difference from the thoughtful voice of the duke. Both parts flawlessly delivered and so here is the assembled scene 1.3. already, for someone to PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_1_3.mp3
Recording time: 3:22 min.

Thanks !

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: June 5th, 2019, 12:15 am
oh, you are going in the correct order of the play ? Won't that confuse you with the voices you're doing ?

The second gentleman sounds like comic relief :mrgreen: quite a difference from the thoughtful voice of the duke. Both parts flawlessly delivered and so here is the assembled scene 1.3. already, for someone to PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_1_3.mp3
Recording time: 3:22 min.

Thanks !

Sonia
No. I just had time to do a small part, after recording the Duke. My plan is to prioritise him.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: June 5th, 2019, 12:46 am No. I just had time to do a small part, after recording the Duke. My plan is to prioritise him.
ok makes sense :thumbs: cool

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Concerning the "dots" in the Duke's speech near the beginning. I read years ago that it is believed that a line is missing at that point. In performance, I believe, it is usually just ignored. The sentence is a bit of jumble, so I would be curious to know what is missing if anything.

For what it's worth, the Wikipedia article on the play as this to say:

"It is generally accepted that a garbled sentence during the Duke's opening speech (lines 8-9 in most editions) represents a place where a line has been lost, possibly due to a printer's error. Because the folio is the only source, there is no possibility of recovering it."

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: June 9th, 2019, 3:59 pm "It is generally accepted that a garbled sentence during the Duke's opening speech (lines 8-9 in most editions) represents a place where a line has been lost, possibly due to a printer's error. Because the folio is the only source, there is no possibility of recovering it."
interesting ! thanks Brad. Yes the sentence does sound a bit incomplete to be honest. Well, if it's good enough for the Shakespeare company, it will be good enough for us :lol:

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_duke_2_3.mp3 1:43

I thought I'd get this up straight away, in case you thought I'd taken vows and moved to a monastery of silence.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 6:50 amI thought I'd get this up straight away, in case you thought I'd taken vows and moved to a monastery of silence.
:lol: I know there are always good breweries in monasteries as well, so that would probably more of an enticement than the vow of silence :mrgreen:

in any case, the Duke still has got what it takes :thumbs: excellent job on all scenes (all PL ok except for 4.1.), and that gave me the opportunity to assemble together 2 more scenes 8-) so if anyone has time for PL one of these days, they are ready:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_2_3.mp3
Recording time: 2:41 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_3_1.mp3
Recording time: 17:08 min.
I loved the lengthy scene with Isabella and Claudio here. Quite powerful in emotions.

I also assembled scene 4.1. but there is one sentence missing for the Duke. As soon as the line is in, this scene is also ready to be uploaded.

> at about 2:03: missed line: "Welcome, how agreed?"

thanks !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I was finally able to listen to the edited scenes thus far, and all are PL OK! :) Great work, Sonia! Not quite ready to start assembling the final acts, but hopefully we can start soon. I'll be getting to Pompey and Angelo within the next few weeks, for sure.
Tomas Peter
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: June 29th, 2019, 6:12 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_duke_4_1_missing_line.mp3
Missing line. Hope it's OK like this.
excellent, Craig, thanks, that's all I needed. I put it into the final assembly of the scene and here it is, ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/measureformeasure_4_1.mp3
Recording time: 5:24 min.

Here it's crucial that Mariana and Isabella have different voices. I think I managed though.

And thanks, Tomas, for the previous PLs :9:

Have a nice weekend all. I'm off now to a Russian festival, tasting their food, listening to music and watching some Siberian dance shows. Will be interesting. And we have extremely hot weather today, so there's going to be a crowd I guess.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: June 29th, 2019, 6:37 am

Have a nice weekend all. I'm off now to a Russian festival, tasting their food, listening to music and watching some Siberian dance shows. Will be interesting. And we have extremely hot weather today, so there's going to be a crowd I guess.

Sonia
Sounds great, I would like to hear a full report.