LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Section 8 spot check: PL OK!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ColleenMc wrote: October 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen
Changing file names is a job for the MC... I’ll look into it.
And, assuming it is just a file name issue, go ahead if you can.

Edit: I'm not seeing a problem and it passes Checker.

According to my technical advisor, if you are using Windows and download a file multiple times, it adds a number. You may not even be aware of downloading more than once (e.g. an accidental double click). The file is fine, so if there are no edits, you can mark it PL OK.
(Said technical advisor hates Windows with a passion :lol: :lol: )
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lynnet wrote: October 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm
ColleenMc wrote: October 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen
I'm so sorry. I must have done something. I'm sure I have the original recording here if it is needed.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

KevinS wrote: October 13th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Lynnet wrote: October 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Thanks!
Colleen
I'm so sorry. I must have done something. I'm sure I have the original recording here if it is needed.
No need. The file is fine.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Yup, it's on me, I had downloaded it for a previous PL attempt and never deleted from my computer. Thanks for catching that, and sorry for any confusion!

A couple of small corrections needed:

14:24 Quote
14:34 End of quote
14:36 Quote
14:44 End of quote

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Spot PL check on sections 12, 13, 14, 15: All now PL OK!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ColleenMc wrote: October 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm Yup, it's on me, I had downloaded it for a previous PL attempt and never deleted from my computer. Thanks for catching that, and sorry for any confusion!

A couple of small corrections needed:

14:24 Quote
14:34 End of quote
14:36 Quote
14:44 End of quote

Colleen
Here's the fix.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/supremecourtopinions_10_unitedstatessupremecourt_128kb.mp3

29:21
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Section 20: PL OK!

Section 28: PL OK!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

And section 10 -- PL OK!

Thanks for finishing that one up so quickly, Kevin!

I think we are finished!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/supreme-cases-from-1803-2010-by-united-states-supreme-court/

Well done, everyone. This was a tough project, but a worthwhile one :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
soupy

Post by soupy »

Wow! I didn't get any of those messages above. I'm so glad it is completed on available for listening :thumbs: Thanks everyone for contributing :D

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge