[Complete] A Collection of Supreme Court Opinions - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ColleenMc
Posts: 1043
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » October 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Section 8 spot check: PL OK!

ColleenMc
Posts: 1043
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » October 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm

I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17511
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm
I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen
Changing file names is a job for the MC... I’ll look into it.
And, assuming it is just a file name issue, go ahead if you can.

Edit: I'm not seeing a problem and it passes Checker.

According to my technical advisor, if you are using Windows and download a file multiple times, it adds a number. You may not even be aware of downloading more than once (e.g. an accidental double click). The file is fine, so if there are no edits, you can mark it PL OK.
(Said technical advisor hates Windows with a passion :lol: :lol: )
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 2 sections remaining

The Lion’s Brood by Duffield Osborne 21 sections remaining

Tales of Mean Streets by Arthur Morrison 6 sections remaining

KevinS
Posts: 4093
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 13th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Lynnet wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm
ColleenMc wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm
I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen
Changing file names is a job for the MC... I’ll look into it.
And, assuming it is just a file name issue, go ahead if you can.
I'm so sorry. I must have done something. I'm sure I have the original recording here if it is needed.
"E agora, José?"

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17511
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 13th, 2019, 1:02 pm

KevinS wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Lynnet wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm
ColleenMc wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm
I am starting to listen to Kevin's recording of Section 10 and ran it through Checker. Volume is fine but I'm getting a filename error, something about spaces in the file name. I think it's because the file name has a (2) added to it. Is there a way to fix this from the BC/MC side or do we need another file upload with the correct name (or a file deleted from the server so that the (2) isn't automatically added)? And does this need to be done before I continue PL-ing the actual recording?

Thanks!
Colleen
Changing file names is a job for the MC... I’ll look into it.
And, assuming it is just a file name issue, go ahead if you can.
I'm so sorry. I must have done something. I'm sure I have the original recording here if it is needed.
No need. The file is fine.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 2 sections remaining

The Lion’s Brood by Duffield Osborne 21 sections remaining

Tales of Mean Streets by Arthur Morrison 6 sections remaining

ColleenMc
Posts: 1043
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » October 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Yup, it's on me, I had downloaded it for a previous PL attempt and never deleted from my computer. Thanks for catching that, and sorry for any confusion!

A couple of small corrections needed:

14:24 Quote
14:34 End of quote
14:36 Quote
14:44 End of quote

Colleen

ColleenMc
Posts: 1043
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » October 13th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Spot PL check on sections 12, 13, 14, 15: All now PL OK!

Colleen

KevinS
Posts: 4093
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 13th, 2019, 1:22 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Yup, it's on me, I had downloaded it for a previous PL attempt and never deleted from my computer. Thanks for catching that, and sorry for any confusion!

A couple of small corrections needed:

14:24 Quote
14:34 End of quote
14:36 Quote
14:44 End of quote

Colleen
Here's the fix.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/supremecourtopinions_10_unitedstatessupremecourt_128kb.mp3

29:21
"E agora, José?"

ColleenMc
Posts: 1043
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » October 13th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Section 20: PL OK!

Section 28: PL OK!

Colleen

ColleenMc
Posts: 1043
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » October 13th, 2019, 1:35 pm

And section 10 -- PL OK!

Thanks for finishing that one up so quickly, Kevin!

I think we are finished!

Colleen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17511
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 13th, 2019, 4:07 pm

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/supreme-cases-from-1803-2010-by-united-states-supreme-court/

Well done, everyone. This was a tough project, but a worthwhile one :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 2 sections remaining

The Lion’s Brood by Duffield Osborne 21 sections remaining

Tales of Mean Streets by Arthur Morrison 6 sections remaining

soupy
Posts: 3240
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by soupy » October 13th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Wow! I didn't get any of those messages above. I'm so glad it is completed on available for listening :thumbs: Thanks everyone for contributing :D

Craig

Post Reply