[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote: August 9th, 2019, 8:24 amI have a trip planned next week. I think I will have to come into work a few days.
don't worry about us :lol: enjoy your trip. Worst case scenario if you are gone for too long and we want to catalogue this project, then one of us will PL the final sections for you, no problem ;) Just let us know. Wouldn't want to stress you during your holidays.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

cool ! thank you for the fast turn-around, Foon :9: will check and hopefully stitch together Lewis Caroll tomorrow.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne :)

Foon, Leanne, both your DR sections are PL ok and excellently, funnily read :lol: Thank you again for helping out with Jason't sections. :)

here are both poems already assembled:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_2_100_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:42 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_2_121_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:55 min.

Now we only need Craig's final DR contribution and one poem and Tomas' 3 poems ! So close :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thank you, Craig !!! will check immediately your DR part.

Though the other section, the solo poem needs to have "various" instead of "craig" in the file name ;) But let's wait for Anthony's review, if there are no errors, I can change the filename in my folder.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DR narration PL ok and already assembled :clap: butter and eggs and a pound of cheese :lol: what a refrain !

Careful though, your bitrate was variable here. I changed it immediately here but maybe you want to check whether the solo is also the wrong bitrate !

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_2_084_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:37 min.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

How do I check the bitrate? I've never had an issue with this and not sure what to do.
Sorry
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

How do I check the bitrate? I've never had an issue with this and not sure what to do.
Sorry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: August 10th, 2019, 9:54 am How do I check the bitrate? I've never had an issue with this and not sure what to do.
Sorry
:shock: you mean to say you never ever used the Checker for your recordings ? It's a wonder your volume is so great each time.

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

I use it with all my recordings before I upload, so the tech-specs and volume are all correct.

I checked...your bitrate is also variable in the solo poem. Do you use Audacity ? Somehow your settings must have been changed manually, otherwise it would not simply have changed like that. You know how to change them ? It's when you export to mp3, you can set them there.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I reduce peeks manually and if needed normalize around .5.
I'll have a look at checker.
Are the recordings recoverable with checker?
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I reduce peeks manually and if needed normalize around .5.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: August 10th, 2019, 10:16 am I reduce peeks manually and if needed normalize around .5.
why do you keep posting double ? :hmm:

what do you mean by recoverable with checker ? Checker only checks the technical settings and the volume and noise floor. But if anything is flagged, then you have to go back to Audacity (or another program) and change it there. It's only a checking tool, not an editing program

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Bad signal. Not quite sure if they sent so hit it twice.
Look at the recordings tomorrow. I was just concerned that I may have to start from scratch. But I think you are saying that I can correct the bitrate without recording from scratch.
Cheers