COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The shift of the line was intentional. But as I didn't do it for other places (I hadn't noticed them), I have put this back the way it was before as you suggest.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 4th, 2019, 4:50 pmThe shift of the line was intentional.
yes I had a feeling that was your intention, and the idea was a cool one actually, but yes, then it would have been best to have it done with all of those actions. In fact the narrator is giving us a spoiler preview of the next scene here :lol:

Act 1 is now perfectly PL ok. :clap:

thank you

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Act two for Roper is done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_roper_2_128kb.mp3

I did remember to read the "Men" lines, but I made an exception with "Some of the Men" when they are laughing since they seem to be laughing at Roper's comment. I can add it if you want.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:02 amI did remember to read the "Men" lines, but I made an exception with "Some of the Men" when they are laughing since they seem to be laughing at Roper's comment. I can add it if you want.
no that's fine, if it's obvious that Roper didn't join, in this case you seem to have made the right call. I also check whether the men are even present at that point :lol:

Will have a listen later on, thank you so much, Brad. :9: So Todd will be able to stitch together another act when he comes home again.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:02 amAct two for Roper is done.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_roper_2_128kb.mp3
excellent job, Brad. Oh my....Roper's over-enthusiastic bad jokes and comments would be getting on my nerves if I had to meet him :lol: He is quite the life at parties it seems, always trying to run the show everywhere.

I fully agree for the omitted "men" lines. :thumbs:

I only have one optional note for your consideration:

> at 3:43: "I say, look at ’Vangy!" I would have expected this name to be pronounced "Vanjy" since it's the abbreviation of Evangeline. But it's up to you. Roper can well have his own quirky way of saying it LOL :|

Just let me know whether you want to change it or not :)

Thanks

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I was wondering about the pronunciation of the name myself. I think I'll change it to your way, but I won't have time today. I do it when I do the next act.

Thanks.

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you! "Our favourite DPL hussy" (her words, not mine!) will be along soon for PL :lol:

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Thank you! "Our favourite DPL hussy" (her words, not mine!) will be along soon for PL :lol:
*groan* I should have known that you would jump on this.
Hamlet wrote:Correction to Act Two made, and here are the final two acts are complete as well:
excellent job, Brad. I especially love the final act where Roper is finally starting to squirm a little bit when his scheme seems to fail. :lol: He has a brief moment of humility and self-doubt there before going back to his old meddling self.

You managed to create a great character there, I am glad you took the role. :thumbs:

Acts 2 and 4 are already PL ok and Todd can finish the editing :9:

I have a few notes for Act 3 though:

> at about 0:34: three missing lines:
“Be they ebon or blond, Of the gals I am fond;——”! Ha, ha, ha, ha!"
"Choose your partners, gents!"
"Jimmie——!"

> at about 0:58: three missing ALL lines:
"Bravo, Carlton! Bravo, Smythe!"
"Bravo, Morrie!"
"Ha, ha, ha, ha!"

> at 2:02: between "God bless you both" and "I, I, I—" since you have to reupload anyway, maybe also leave a bit more space here for the stage directions

> at 2:14: between "Hahaha" and "Wurr-roo" – also here maybe make it easier on Todd by inserting some more fiddling space

Thank you !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 2 and 4 assembled. Got a lot of grooming work to do to finish them cuz of all the simultaneous lines throughout.

Thanks, Todd
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: October 24th, 2019, 12:03 pm Corrections to Act Three
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_roper_3_128kb.mp3
thank you, Brad, all PL ok now. :)

So looking forward to hearing you all in the finished play. I think we have a dream cast again :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 also assembled. A lot of work to finish these off - every act is near or over an hour - but should be done this weekend. And I want to hear what this sounds like!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 is ready for final PL. You all sound so great!

Thanks, Todd