COMPLETE[PLAY]Andria by Terence - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 3 is wonderfully funny in all its confusion :lol: I only have a small cut to propose:

> at 11:28: “Chremes, ironically: I hear you.” – you sound ironical enough, the narrator could be cut here :mrgreen:

All the rest: perfect !

Great job, Todd.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I'll have the fixes to 2 and 3 ready later today. I also have 4 and 5 assembled and will post them for Final PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

2 and 3 ready for Spot PL, 4 and 5 for Final PL.

Fun play. I'll start another soon.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 14th, 2019, 8:33 am2 and 3 ready for Spot PL
Acts 2 and 3 now PL ok.

I'll listen to the last two acts now, so you can archive when you're up and running ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 4 is indeed hilarious with the child-finding scene. :lol:

I have only 2 suggestions:

> at 3:19: “ironically” – I think this can get cut

> at 12:12: “Mysis, starting up” – could maybe be cut as well, to make the pace faster

> from 14:47 - 18:25: in this whole scene 7, I was wondering whether we couldn’t cut a lot of these stage directions to make it more fast-paced. Somehow I have the nagging feeling that many of the “alouds” and “aparts” are superfluous and break the flow. But I see you left them all in, so I guess you think we need indeed to indicate more when it’s “aside” or “aloud” as it’s the plot of this scene. In the end I also couldn’t decide which ones to cut and which to leave, so I guess it’s ok like this. Maybe our own voice volume doesn’t convey too well which ones are spoken aloud. :hmm:

And on to the last act....

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 5 is a wonderful happy ending (although highly improbable :lol: ) I loved the scene where Simo is so mad at everybody 8-)

only two more cutting suggestions, and then all is ready:

> at 12:45: “ironically” – definitely can get cut out, this tone of voice is dripping irony LOL

> at 13:04: “Crito, starting” – can be cut

Excellent play-acting and editing. :clap: bravo, all !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 15th, 2019, 1:02 am > from 14:47 - 18:25: in this whole scene 7, I was wondering whether we couldn’t cut a lot of these stage directions to make it more fast-paced. Somehow I have the nagging feeling that many of the “alouds” and “aparts” are superfluous and break the flow. But I see you left them all in, so I guess you think we need indeed to indicate more when it’s “aside” or “aloud” as it’s the plot of this scene. In the end I also couldn’t decide which ones to cut and which to leave, so I guess it’s ok like this. Maybe our own voice volume doesn’t convey too well which ones are spoken aloud. :hmm:
Sonia
Yes, I had a lot of trouble with this and similar scenes. They have a group of people on one side of the stage watching - or being watched - by a solitary figure apart from them on the other side of the stage. It would be blindingly obvious at a theater what was going on. But very difficult with just the voices. If we were in stereo I'd put the groups in different left and right tracks, but we can't do that in mono. So I left in the stage directions.

I have made the other fixes you suggest. Thank you so much for all the hard work you do in this and all the other plays! And thank you all for lending your wonderful voices and acting to this effort. More to come, I promise.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

They have a group of people on one side of the stage watching - or being watched - by a solitary figure apart from them on the other side of the stage. It would be blindingly obvious at a theater what was going on. But very difficult with just the voices. If we were in stereo I'd put the groups in different left and right tracks, but we can't do that in mono. So I left in the stage directions.
yes I had the same dilemma when I was trying to give cutting-suggestions for this scene. So in the end I figured it was best to leave them in.

and DONE ! All acts PL ok now. :clap: Ready for the catalogue :9:

On to the next...

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. All audio files may be found in our catalog at: https://librivox.org/andria-or-the-fair-andrian-by-terence/

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The cast list probably doesn't need those act numbers in it, in case this was overlooked. :P
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 15th, 2019, 10:43 am The cast list probably doesn't need those act numbers in it, in case this was overlooked. :P
good catch, Tomas. As I had a bit of time, I went in and deleted the act numbers. It should all be good now.

Sonia