COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wasters by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: May 17th, 2019, 2:52 amI'm not sure I understand her seeming to change her mind so quickly when she's talking with Mr. Thong, but I think she may be right about him.
I think she gave in way too easily :lol: it seems to me she is hoping to get married by him (just like Elizabeth in fact). I am not 100% sure that he means it seriously though. For that we would need to read the sequel (which once again doesn't exist :evil: )
I didn't know what to do with the word distingey. :? I gave it my best shot, but any suggestions on that bit would be most welcome, because I don't really understand what that might mean.
I am pretty sure that it means "distinguished", only Tossie either doesn't know the correct word, or abbreviates it on purpose to sound cute. I would have pronounced it the same way at least. If it's an Australianism, maybe Chris can enlighten us further. :hmm:

In any case, Tossie is marvelously PL ok. :thumbs: I love the final scene in Act 2 where you go hysterical. The poor girl, I can so understand her in that situation. And the dialogue with Maggs and Thong will surely be brilliant once assembled. :9:

Thank you, Devorah, it's a wonderful job you did here.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here is Lindsay Thong. I must say, for the first two acts I wondered what in the world this guy's importance to the play was, but then the third act came and I was very excited to get some juicy scenes towards the end. Especially the final dialogue with John, which I can picture as playing out very emotionally onstage.

Hope I did the role justice!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_thong_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_thong_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_thong_3_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 20th, 2019, 9:12 pmHere is Lindsay Thong. I must say, for the first two acts I wondered what in the world this guy's importance to the play was, but then the third act came and I was very excited to get some juicy scenes towards the end. Especially the final dialogue with John, which I can picture as playing out very emotionally onstage.

Hope I did the role justice!
I'm simply speechless after that final scene 8-) You outdid yourself again in this performance, Tomas. Wow the third act was really a tour-de-force. Already in the scene with Tossie you lived quite up to the dangerous flirt that I figured him to be. Man, he was almost close to rape there :shock: before he reined himself in. Excellently played.

But then in the final speeches, when we find out that he has always been in love with Baby...awwww, he becomes the tragic hero and one can almost forgive his bad behaviour. :9: I think you managed to penetrate and bring out every facette of this role in vivid colours.

Perfect job, perfectly PL ok. Thanks !

Now only two roles missing, yay, we're getting close. :D

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty, struck speechless?? Oh, I look forward to assembling this and getting to hear everything!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 21st, 2019, 3:48 amKitty, struck speechless??
:lol: well considering I was speechless I still managed to write down a lot. :mrgreen: I'm recovering fast.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote: May 21st, 2019, 3:48 am Kitty, struck speechless??

Thanks, Todd
Super-glue lip balm. Patent pending.

Only kidding. A submission post without Kitty comments would be like a night without stars. :wink:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 21st, 2019, 5:09 am Super-glue lip balm. Patent pending.

Only kidding. A submission post without Kitty comments would be like a night without stars. :wink:
awwww :9: how sweet of you, Chris, thanks. (and "no, thanks" on the super-glue :? )

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I’ll get my lines in this week. Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
benderca

Post by benderca »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: May 21st, 2019, 9:14 am I’ll get my lines in this week. Thank you!
Mine too! :D
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

John Dangar Act 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_1_128kb.mp3 15:24

Other acts recorded and editing.

Thank you!!
Josh Kibbey
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: May 25th, 2019, 5:07 pmJohn Dangar Act 1:
wonderful job, Josh, but ohhhh John Dangar is such a disagreeable sexist man :lol: I can't believe any woman would stay with him for so long. But you play the character to perfection. Looking forward especially to his final dialogue with Thong in Act 3. This will be quite a sparring match.

Everything PL ok here, you only forgot to cut out some repeats from 1:11-1:31: (p. 8) "it was a great idea....etc" I guess the final version after 1:31 is the one you preferred as it is without stumbles. As there are no other errors, I'll make a note for Todd to ignore the 20 seconds and use the last version (unless you wanna quickly reupload it, but it's also ok as it is)

That means: ACT 1 IS READY TO BE ASSEMBLED (apart from one voice credit missing)

thank you, Josh ! great acting.

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Kitty wrote: May 26th, 2019, 11:31 am
wonderful job, Josh, but ohhhh John Dangar is such a disagreeable sexist man :lol: I can't believe any woman would stay with him for so long. But you play the character to perfection. Looking forward especially to his final dialogue with Thong in Act 3. This will be quite a sparring match.

Everything PL ok here, you only forgot to cut out some repeats from 1:11-1:31: (p. 8) "it was a great idea....etc" I guess the final version after 1:31 is the one you preferred as it is without stumbles. As there are no other errors, I'll make a note for Todd to ignore the 20 seconds and use the last version (unless you wanna quickly reupload it, but it's also ok as it is)

That means: ACT 1 IS READY TO BE ASSEMBLED (apart from one voice credit missing)

Sonia
Thanks Sonia! I was just as conflicted by the juicy lines, yet utterly cringeworthy content!

Reuploaded file with edit, thanks for catching, this was one of the bigger line files I've worked with!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_1_128kb.mp3 15:05

Edit still at 1:11
Josh Kibbey
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Kitty wrote: May 26th, 2019, 11:31 am

Sonia
Thanks Sonia! I was just as conflicted by the juicy lines, yet utterly cringeworthy content!

Reuploaded file with edit, thanks for catching, this was one of the bigger line files I've worked with!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_1_128kb.mp3 15:05

Edit still at 1:11
Josh Kibbey