COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wasters by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: May 26th, 2019, 12:08 pmThanks Sonia! I was just as conflicted by the juicy lines, yet utterly cringeworthy content!
someone has to play the bad guy ;) anyway, they are often the most interesting parts
Reuploaded file with edit, thanks for catching, this was one of the bigger line files I've worked with!!
yes it was quite a daunting length for one act. You did really well. And thanks for deleting, that will make Todd's job easier. :thumbs:

All definitely PL ok now

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

urgh...that long "wasters speech" in the middle - what dross this guy is spewing out. Makes one wonder about the author of this play :lol: you're playing his rage and exasperation excellently though, Josh, kudos :thumbs:

a few notes though:

> at 3:00-3:05: (p. 30) "I cannot save Guy at the sacrifice" -this could get cut, it's repeated later on

> at 7:03: (p. 32) "but I never dared to speak of it" - you say "to it" which doesn't really make sense here

> at about 8:23: (p. 33) missing line: "Yes."

thanks

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have started assembly of this play. Ye'all sounding great!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wow. Act 1 assembly completed - not ready for PL yet - and again Wow. Very different from Mrs Pretty and the Premier - this is serious drama. And your voices are great in it.

Thanks, Todd
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

And, finally, John Dangar's final act...man, he really doesn't do much to earn the girl at the end, does he?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_2_128kb.mp3 10:38

Thanks for letting my play again, see you all on the next one.

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: May 30th, 2019, 10:32 pm And, finally, John Dangar's final act...man, he really doesn't do much to earn the girl at the end, does he?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_2_128kb.mp3 10:38
I guess you mean the file name with the number 3 though.... will PL soon ! thanks. And I agree, it's a bit incomprehensible why Baby would love this bloke so much. :roll: But on the other hand, I didn't like Baby's character too much either. :lol: One could say, they deserve each other.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

John Dangar Act 2 is PL ok now.

Now we're only waiting for TJ to finalize the play (I feel like déjà-vu here :lol: )

And a brilliant performance in Act 3 as for John Dangar (even though I thoroughly dislike his behaviour). But you play the anger quite well. I can imagine that this is an exhausting character to play on stage. I wonder if they still run this play nowadays, it's not really PC what they say in there.

All the lines are in, but if you could quickly cut out two repeats, to make it easier on Todd, those would be the following:

> at 0:25: (p. 35) repeat: "they're not coming" - is there one version you prefer ?

> at 6:42: (p. 44) repeat: "out of my" - can be cut

thanks, Josh, great job. Was this you first major role ? Well, there is no holding you back for more.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have to be out of touch for a few days. I'll finish this up when I return.

Thanks, Todd
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Here are John's Act 3 corrections, should be at the same time stamps:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_3_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Sonia, it's just too much fun! And thanks, Todd, be well and we'll be here when you're back!

Thank you~
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: May 31st, 2019, 6:04 am Here are John's Act 3 corrections, should be at the same time stamps:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_johndangar_3_128kb.mp3
thank you, now indeed PL ok.

And Todd: that means Act 3 is ready to be assembled and waiting for you when you come back refreshed from your holidays :mrgreen:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: May 31st, 2019, 2:27 am
Now we're only waiting for TJ to finalize the play (I feel like déjà-vu here :lol: )

Sonia
omg! How and when did that happen? :shock: I‘ve been uploading files daily and I didn‘t notice that I was the last one again. Serious déjà-vu! I‘ll get the file edited ASAP! :oops:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

déjà-vu amnesia: the subtle feeling that you’ve forgotten it before.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 31st, 2019, 1:35 pm déjà-vu amnesia: the subtle feeling that you’ve forgotten it before.
That’s what I have! :lol: :lol: