[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

I thought you might record it yourself but here is the one I was referring to. It's at the end of the first file. https://librivox.org/a-woman-is-a-weathercock-by-nathan-field/
ej400

Post by ej400 »

linny wrote: March 16th, 2020, 6:21 am I thought you might record it yourself but here is the one I was referring to. It's at the end of the first file. https://librivox.org/a-woman-is-a-weathercock-by-nathan-field/
Awesome, thank you!
linny

Post by linny »

ej400 wrote: March 16th, 2020, 6:04 am That would be great linny, if you could send that to me. I appreciate all your help here, I honestly wouldn't have been able to get this done without you :D
It's always a pleasure to help out where and when I can. I'm glad I could help get this one to the catalog for you. :9:

Chapter 6 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_06_macdonald_128kb.mp3 19:19 MW updated.

One of the things I like to do when editing a DR is to build out the DP while editing the chapters. It saves on downloading and the voice credits are already volume adjusted and noise cleaned from the prep of the chapter editing. It always seems like a chore to me to do it at the end. I keep it in FLAC during the draft uploads and change it to MP3 for the final upload. It even works with multiple editors as long as you establish an order to the cast list and utilize the notes to keep track of things. Obviously there is no rule I only mention it as an option to consider trying on a future DR.
linny

Post by linny »

I’d be happy to pl the dp when you finish.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

OMGosh, this is so frustrating. Apparently my new computer that I got strictly for editing, won't let me download files... mostly because I can't find a download button! :hmm:

I guess if you would be willing, linny, to edit the DP, that would be amazing! I'm so sorry about delaying, I've just been trying to figure this one out but can't. *sigh* At least I edited a chapter....
ej400

Post by ej400 »

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2020, 6:55 am OMGosh, this is so frustrating. Apparently my new computer that I got strictly for editing, won't let me download files... mostly because I can't find a download button! :hmm:

I guess if you would be willing, linny, to edit the DP, that would be amazing! I'm so sorry about delaying, I've just been trying to figure this one out but can't. *sigh* At least I edited a chapter....
Nevermind, I just found a way :lol:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Also, apparently bhavya didn't leave a voice credit in the other DR you sent me. Instead, someone else (maybe the editor), said "narrated by bhavya," but it didn't come from her voice. Should I record "narrated by bhavya" and insert it from there?
linny

Post by linny »

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:05 am Also, apparently bhavya didn't leave a voice credit in the other DR you sent me. Instead, someone else (maybe the editor), said "narrated by bhavya," but it didn't come from her voice. Should I record "narrated by bhavya" and insert it from there?
Yes, that would be fine.
linny

Post by linny »

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:53 am *No voice credit for the questioner*

You could record "Questioner" and then at 3:14 of the preface of the recording below pick up the "read by".

https://librivox.org/a-bunch-of-keys-where-they-were-found-and-what-they-might-have-unlocked-a-christmas-book-by-various/

Or you could do the whole thing like with bhayva.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2020, 7:05 am Also, apparently bhavya didn't leave a voice credit in the other DR you sent me. Instead, someone else (maybe the editor), said "narrated by bhavya," but it didn't come from her voice. Should I record "narrated by bhavya" and insert it from there?
Hi, I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I could do the voice credit if you'd like
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

bhavya wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:53 am
Hi, I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I could do the voice credit if you'd like
Please upload the file and post a link so it can be included.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

bhavya wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:53 am
OK. I already put my "narrator read by bhavya," in there already, but I can edit that out and add yours. I would really like to finish this one tomorrow morning.... but as soon as you can upload that line would be great. :D
bhavya

Post by bhavya »