[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 4th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Princess Irene 22 is now PL OK. It's still fairly on the short side in terms of silence, but I think it's a little better so I'll let it pass.
What I think I'll do when editing is to highlight the section I'm going to copy and paste, then play it back before I actually do it, following along with the text, so I can be sure it's accurate. That's pretty foolproof, I think.

Thank you, Leanne! :thumbs:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 4th, 2019, 4:50 pm

I'm going to work on putting the silence into Leanne's chapters right now. I'll do it chronologically- starting with Princess Irene 3. Just to let you guys know...

Thanks,
Rachel
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 4th, 2019, 5:07 pm

So here is the fully edited Princess Irene 3, PL OK:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_irene_3.mp3

I'll just change this to PL OK in the MW now.
Rachel
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

ej400

Post by ej400 » May 5th, 2019, 6:26 am

Thank you both!

aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 » May 6th, 2019, 8:32 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm
Hi William!

Great reading in Harelip 18! Your villainy is apparent, great use of tones to make an evil-sounding character! Just one small PL note:

At 0:22-26, there was a rather long pause. Just cut that and it'll be PL OK! Awesome reading!

Rachel
Sorry - for some reason I didn't see this. I must have thought there was a gap there in the script. Sorry - I have corrected the audio and uploaded!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_harelip_18_128kb.mp3

:)
Aaron

ej400

Post by ej400 » May 6th, 2019, 8:36 am

aaronwhite1977 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 8:32 am
JayKitty76 wrote:
Hi William!

Great reading in Harelip 18! Your villainy is apparent, great use of tones to make an evil-sounding character! Just one small PL note:

At 0:22-26, there was a rather long pause. Just cut that and it'll be PL OK! Awesome reading!

Rachel
Sorry - for some reason I didn't see this. I must have thought there was a gap there in the script. Sorry - I have corrected the audio and uploaded!

Aaron
Thank you!

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 6th, 2019, 2:54 pm

aaronwhite1977 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 8:32 am
JayKitty76 wrote:
Hi William!

Rachel

Aaron
PL OK! Thank you, Aaron and William! Wonderful reading, there! :thumbs:
Rachel
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 6th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Hi Bhavya,

Narrator 18 is great! Your voice was especially soothing in this one which is a good thing in contrast to all the evil villain-voices that will be edited into this chapter! :lol: Your reading is always great, so much so that I hate to give you any PL notes! But there is one tiny thing that needs to be fixed before it gets marked PL OK:

At 9:15, there is a stumble/repeat on "he". That's it! Once you make that change, it'll be PL OK.

Wonderful reading, thank you for recording! :thumbs:
Rachel
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Campbell
pronouns: they/them

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 7th, 2019, 1:31 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Have another chapter for you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_peter_23_128kb.mp3
1:39
Thanks Campbell! I'll PL it right now and get it into the MW. (Uh...I'll do that the other way around. :lol: :wink: )

Thank you!

Rachel
Rachel
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 7th, 2019, 1:38 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:31 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Have another chapter for you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_peter_23_128kb.mp3
1:39
Thanks Campbell! I'll PL it right now and get it into the MW. (Uh...I'll do that the other way around. :lol: :wink: )

Thank you!

Rachel
Definitely PL OK, as usual! Good job!

Just wondering-- did you use the same levels of voice-lowering as you did the first Peter Peterson (7)? To me it sounds a bit lower. Whatever, though, it's probably just my bad memory. (I didn't actually check it, as I don't know how to lower a voice like that.) It doesn't matter, it still sounds great and is instantly PL OK. I was just curious. :wink:

I come on here every day and everyone's uploading a ton of sections-- I need to quit procrastinating on those See PL Notes sections I have!! :lol: I have to get offline really soon though so it can't be today. :thumbs:

Thank you and God bless,
Rachel
Rachel
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 7th, 2019, 1:42 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:38 pm
Just wondering-- did you use the same levels of voice-lowering as you did the first Peter Peterson (7)? To me it sounds a bit lower. Whatever, though, it's probably just my bad memory. (I didn't actually check it, as I don't know how to lower a voice like that.) It doesn't matter, it still sounds great and is instantly PL OK. I was just curious.
Actually, I didn't :shock:. I haven't been using my voice lowering on Audacity, I have just been talking lower. Hopefully the gap between chapter 7 and 23 is enough to hide the difference :D
Campbell

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » May 7th, 2019, 1:44 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:42 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:38 pm
Just wondering-- did you use the same levels of voice-lowering as you did the first Peter Peterson (7)? To me it sounds a bit lower. Whatever, though, it's probably just my bad memory. (I didn't actually check it, as I don't know how to lower a voice like that.) It doesn't matter, it still sounds great and is instantly PL OK. I was just curious.
Actually, I didn't :shock:. I haven't been using my voice lowering on Audacity, I have just been talking lower. Hopefully the gap between chapter 7 and 23 is enough to hide the difference :D
Ohh...oops! :oops:

It did sound very natural, actually, so that's really good!

No, it's fine, like I said, it's definitely PL OK. I'm sure nobody will notice, and even if they did, they won't comment :thumbs:

Sorry about that! :|

Rachel
Rachel
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 7th, 2019, 1:46 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Ohh...oops!

It did sound very natural, actually, so that's really good!

No, it's fine, like I said, it's definitely PL OK. I'm sure nobody will notice, and even if they did, they won't comment

Sorry about that!

Rachel
Ha ha I don't mind. Glad it sounds natural :D. I'll just hope to get the last chapter consistent to at least one of the two others!
Campbell

ej400

Post by ej400 » May 8th, 2019, 11:14 am

Thank you everyone!