[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

dlolso21 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:29 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:10 pm Who is in charge of keeping track of what chapters are ready to edit? I try to keep track, but I'm sure I've missed some... :hmm:
Elijah as the BC is officially in charge of tracking that, but I have some time so I can take a look.

I am going to flip the order of things around a bit to help though, putting the sections with a "see PL Notes" above the sections with "PL OK" and Chapters. That way roles that are not recorded are at the top, followed by the roles that are "ready for PL", followed by the roles that are recorded with "see PL Notes", and then everything that is "PL OK"; this will keep sections that need reader attention near the top. Once all the roles are "PL OK" the Chapters will have floated to the top.

I will set similar flow from top to bottom for the Chapters. Chapters that are not edited along with the matching "PL OK" roles files will be the first chapters. Once each Chapters is edited and "PL OK" then the Chapter and its matching role files can move down.

Does this make sense, Rachel?

David O

P.S. There are no more chapters ready to edit at the moment.
Thank you! Makes perfect sense to me. That's a good way to order it.
dlolso21 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:50 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:17 pm I'm really confused (again).

So apparently Bhavya uploaded chapter 27...but on the chapter 28 link it links to chapter 27. The "real" 27 is still marked as "assigned". What happened here? I'm just going to PL some other recording of hers till this is figured out... :?: :?:
Both Chapter 27 and Chapter 28 were uploaded with the filename for Chapter 28. I have renamed them in the upload folder and updated the MW.

Chapter 27
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_27.mp3

Chapter 28
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_28.mp3

David O
Oh, okay, thanks. My brain wasn't energized enough to figure that out yesterday :lol: Well, it makes sense now, so thanks. :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: May 15th, 2019, 2:30 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 14th, 2019, 2:22 pm All five sections of Joan Peterson (12, 23, 28, 29, and 31) are PL OK!
I think this was my first time PLing one of your recordings, Devorah, and I must say- it was a real treat! You have a lovely reading voice. Great job! You did splendid as Joan Peterson. Thank you for recording! :thumbs:

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
Thank you. I think she's a great character, but I found it challenging to find the right balance between loving and stern when she's scolding Curdie for his behavior to Irene. More challenging than I expected!
Yeah, that sounds tough!
But you did an excellent job of it- you definitely found the right balance between the two. Good job!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

All righty, Leanne's "See PL notes" sections have all been marked PL OK.
I dragged them all down to fit into their proper "Editing area" sections and have marked an average of 5 or 6 more chapters as ready to edit. (The strangest thing is that nearly all of them landed on the chapters Bhavya is going to edit! Funny. :roll: :lol: )
I think we're all caught up now.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 17th, 2019, 12:22 pm All righty, Leanne's "See PL notes" sections have all been marked PL OK.
I dragged them all down to fit into their proper "Editing area" sections and have marked an average of 5 or 6 more chapters as ready to edit. (The strangest thing is that nearly all of them landed on the chapters Bhavya is going to edit! Funny. :roll: :lol: )
I think we're all caught up now.
Awesome! i'll start ASAP!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Second guard AND second miner are both PL OK!

Thank you for the generous amount of silence between your lines, Elsie, that is extremely helpful to us editors. Good job and thanks for claiming! :thumbs: Off to mark these in the MW!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Here's Podge, Chapter 8!

I have the others recorded, just editing them.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_podge_8_128kb.mp3 7:26

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Thank you!

Every time I go to put links into the MW... the links are already there. I'm sort of confused... does everyone have access to the MW? Or David is just silently putting them in?
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Strange! Well, for my part, I don’t have access so it wasn’t me. :)
Josh Kibbey
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Me neither. Sometimes I put them in, but not usually. Normally, if I'm going to put them in, I say so. So maybe David is putting them in...well, if he is, thank you David!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Podge 6 is PL OK!
I did hear four "Lies!" read when there were written three, but that's okay, it's passing.
Nice job, Josh! I loved the voice! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~