[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Cook 26 is PL OK. Good job! Thank you, Elsie, for putting so much silence in between your lines! It's hard, I know, because the natural thing is to keep going. You kind of have to force yourself to be silent for a little longer! Anyway, that was the perfect amount of time there for the silence. Thanks for claiming! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 1st, 2019, 1:50 pm I know, I noticed you sounded super tired. I just didn't want to comment in case that was just your voice yesterday! But thanks for the recording, I enjoyed it
Yay! I am going to take that as an acting compliment then :lol:.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

And Glump 9 is now PL OK, as well!
Wow, Elsie, you're good at reading word perfect! I certainly would've been tripped up by the not-quite-smooth flow of George MacDonald's wordings. But you've got it down pat! Good job! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Thank you! :D
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 16 and 17 are PL OK. Beautiful reading! I enjoyed listening to the descriptions of the lovely flowers and plants that grew on the mountain, especially. Thank you for recording! :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Thank you everyone!

My cat (his name is Bert), is a big orange main-coon, and he's just big. Not exactly fat, but he's sooo heavy. So when he sits on me while typing, it's like "alright Bert, I love you, but your going to have to move". :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: May 2nd, 2019, 7:31 am Thank you everyone!

My cat (his name is Bert), is a big orange main-coon, and he's just big. Not exactly fat, but he's sooo heavy. So when he sits on me while typing, it's like "alright Bert, I love you, but your going to have to move". :lol:
Oh my gosh you have a Maine Coon?! They're beautiful, aren't they?? My first cat was a black Maine Coon named Toby. He was so great....he came when he was called and he would just cuddle up right against your face purring.

I have two indoor cats right now, two siblings. They're a mix of Abyssinian and American Shorthair, and they're bright orange. Lucy is the really chubby one...she's like 20 pounds (not even joking) and we like to say she has "cattitude". My other cat Aslan is super thin and long (we call him the accordion cat) but super sweet. :9:

Anyways, though, I'll PL more today. Thanks guys! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Bhavya!

Narrator 9 is almost PL OK. I love your inflections, they are perfect for the story! Just a couple small PL notes:

1:53-54-- stumble on 'and' (repeated twice)

11:20- pause after "buttressed"

That's it! Just fix that and it'll be PL OK. Thank you!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 14 is PL OK!
Great reading- and again, fantastic inflections! I think inflections are key to sounding "real" and sincere in your readings- you've got it down pat! Good job! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Bhavya,

Chapter 15 was a very enthralling one! I love all the descriptions, don't you?
'What a beautiful ring!' said Irene. 'What is the stone called?'
Goodness, I would have never caught that! I think I need to explain some more information-- you know what I'm talking about, but everybody else doesn't. The quoted part was all colored as blue, Irene's lines- a text coloring mistake- but you caught the narrator's part and included it! Wow, that's just awesome. Good job!

There is just one super easy PL note:

At 0:00, there is a loud crackling noise. That's it! Great job! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Slowly but surely, I'm catching up on all this PLing!

Leanne,
I've been listening to your sections and marking them See PL Notes as needed. They are fantastic! I loved what you did with Irene's kiss in chapter 30- that was perfectly lovely! :9: Elijah and I will help you add silence as needed, I just need to catch up on PLing before I do that.

Thanks and God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 2:40 pm
Chapter 15 was a very enthralling one! I love all the descriptions, don't you?
'What a beautiful ring!' said Irene. 'What is the stone called?'
Goodness, I would have never caught that! I think I need to explain some more information-- you know what I'm talking about, but everybody else doesn't. The quoted part was all colored as blue, Irene's lines- a text coloring mistake- but you caught the narrator's part and included it! Wow, that's just awesome. Good job!
Thank you Rachel! Yes, the descriptions in this book are quite lovely; and just the right amount :D.
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thank you! Putting this in now... :thumbs:

EDIT: Oh, never mind. Since this is a See PL Notes section, the MW will automatically switch files to the new one- the original is named again. So I'll just change the status.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~