[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

OK, now every chapter in the book is ready to edit except chapters 25 and 26. I guess that leaves me no excuse to put off editing work now, especially as I have free time right now :shock: :lol:

Oops, looks like chapter 6 isn't ready to edit either.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I've started work on editing chapter 19, and I've stopped at 5:42. This is more of a note to myself, BTW, so I remember where I stopped! It's so much fun to hear these different voices come together. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: September 16th, 2019, 3:49 pm I will PL your sections next Rachel, I'm so sorry I've delayed it.
It's ok, no prob :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Somehow I'm missing the line for Harelip in chapter 19:
'I'm going,' said Harelip sleepily.
Shoot! I don't know how I missed that during the PL.

Aaron, could we have that line please? I'm so sorry. :(
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 2:43 pm Somehow I'm missing the line for Harelip in chapter 19:

I believe that Aaron is on a hiatus right now. I've message him about things for other projects, but I've received no response. I think we might need to get a voice match unless Aaron will return. I think he said he might return around September.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yes, it is September now, so let's wait a little bit first....ugh. Sorry Elijah, I don't know how I missed that. That makes me so mad! (At myself, of course, not at anyone else.) :roll: :oops:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 3:30 pm Yes, it is September now, so let's wait a little bit first....ugh. Sorry Elijah, I don't know how I missed that. That makes me so mad! (At myself, of course, not at anyone else.) :roll: :oops:
It's OK. I've done things like that before. We'll just have to edit all the other chapters while we wait... and that's a lot of chapters :wink:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 3:26 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 2:43 pm Somehow I'm missing the line for Harelip in chapter 19:

I believe that Aaron is on a hiatus right now. I've message him about things for other projects, but I've received no response. I think we might need to get a voice match unless Aaron will return. I think he said he might return around September.
We need a voice match.

David said if we can't get one, he would read the line himself. I just don't know how getting a voice match would work...if anyone else from around the forums sees this, does anyone match somewhat the voice of a 9 year old boy?

I feel like slapping my forehead right now, I'm so mad at myself for missing that line in the PL...
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I've edited chapter 31 but I gtg so I'll put it up hopefully tomorrow.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JayKitty76 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 1:58 pm David said if we can't get one, he would read the line himself. I just don't know how getting a voice match would work...if anyone else from around the forums sees this, does anyone match somewhat the voice of a 9 year old boy?
Try benderca or Elizabby. They both have daughters around that age who sometimes record for dramatic projects. You can't tell much difference between a boy and a girl at that age. Of course, being in Australia, Elizabby's kids have that accent, but it may not be noticeable much for such a short line.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: October 24th, 2019, 5:03 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 1:58 pm David said if we can't get one, he would read the line himself. I just don't know how getting a voice match would work...if anyone else from around the forums sees this, does anyone match somewhat the voice of a 9 year old boy?
Try benderca or Elizabby. They both have daughters around that age who sometimes record for dramatic projects. You can't tell much difference between a boy and a girl at that age. Of course, being in Australia, Elizabby's kids have that accent, but it may not be noticeable much for such a short line.
Jasmin can read the line for you. No problem. She can sound like a 9 year old boy. :D
(and she likes doing impressions -- you should hear her Hermione Granger... :wink: )
benderca

Post by benderca »

I listened to William's part, and he actually sounds a lot like Jasmin, so it should be no problem. I'll get her to record the line on the weekend.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

benderca wrote: October 25th, 2019, 11:11 am I listened to William's part, and he actually sounds a lot like Jasmin, so it should be no problem. I'll get her to record the line on the weekend.
Is Jasmin registered as a reader in Librivox, if so under what name?

David O