[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Oh, forgot to say-- the rest of Curdie 21 and all of Curdie 22 are PL OK. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here's Helfer, Chapter 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_helfer_8_128kb.mp3

At 1:12 I did a little scream for "A horrid scream followed" -- if you'd like to use it.

I also did a little scream at 1:22 before my line 'A beast came out of the wall and licked my foot.' But I think it would be better to stick it before Mother's line 'What's the matter, Helfer?'

The owner of it gave a cry of fright.
[Scream]
'What's the matter, Helfer?' asked his mother.
'A beast came out of the wall and licked my foot.'

But you can leave it where it is if it is easier. Please let me know if you'd like me to change anything. I'll get you chapter 9 shortly.

Have fun!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hahahaha! That took all of two seconds to record and 1 minute to edit! Now that's my kind of a project. And to think I kept you waiting for this... hee hee. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_helfer_9_128kb.mp3
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 1:26 pm Problem solved!

So the file of Curdie 22 has both the continuation of Curdie 21 and the entire Curdie 22. So what you need to do, Elijah, is actually very simple.
Using the copy-and-paste in Audacity (I never asked, but I'm assuming you're using Audacity) go to your Curdie 22 file. Copy the continuation of Curdie 21 from that file into the rest of your original 21 file, where it cuts off. Then cut the continuation from the 22 file. After that, just reexport and upload it and I'll spot check it. Glad this got figure out! :wink:
Awesome, thank you so much for figuring this out! I was so confused, and still am a little, but I'm glad you got it figured out. I use Audacity so this should be simple. Thank you Rachel!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

benderca wrote: June 12th, 2019, 1:50 pm Here's Helfer, Chapter 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_helfer_8_128kb.mp3

At 1:12 I did a little scream for "A horrid scream followed" -- if you'd like to use it.

I also did a little scream at 1:22 before my line 'A beast came out of the wall and licked my foot.' But I think it would be better to stick it before Mother's line 'What's the matter, Helfer?'

The owner of it gave a cry of fright.
[Scream]
'What's the matter, Helfer?' asked his mother.
'A beast came out of the wall and licked my foot.'

But you can leave it where it is if it is easier. Please let me know if you'd like me to change anything. I'll get you chapter 9 shortly.

Have fun!
TJ
Elijah's not online so I'll put both Helfer files in.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) did something similar with a sound effect in addition to her regular lines, and I let it be-- it added another dimension to the recording and it sounded perfectly fine. But here, as a separate line-- I'm not sure if it's allowed. I think it's David and Elijah's call. If it were up to me, it'd be A-OK though. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 3:55 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 1:26 pm Problem solved!

So the file of Curdie 22 has both the continuation of Curdie 21 and the entire Curdie 22. So what you need to do, Elijah, is actually very simple.
Using the copy-and-paste in Audacity (I never asked, but I'm assuming you're using Audacity) go to your Curdie 22 file. Copy the continuation of Curdie 21 from that file into the rest of your original 21 file, where it cuts off. Then cut the continuation from the 22 file. After that, just reexport and upload it and I'll spot check it. Glad this got figure out! :wink:
Awesome, thank you so much for figuring this out! I was so confused, and still am a little, but I'm glad you got it figured out. I use Audacity so this should be simple. Thank you Rachel!
And if you're confused on what to do, Elijah, I can edit it for you. No big deal. But it's up to you. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Right, both Helfers are in the MW! Thanks, Benderca, I'll PL them right now. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Both Helfer 8 and 9 are PL OK!
Great reading, Benderca! I heard the voice credit (in your normal reading voice) and wondered how you were going to manage a "goblin voice", or if you were going to at all. I was pleasantly surprised!
I'm going to mark these PL OK, and if Elijah/David/both disagree with the sound effects, we can just cut those out during editing time.

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

BTW, I put in the times for about five or six of the ready-for-PL Narrators-- I noticed they weren't in the MW. :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Crazy weird! Narrators 27 and 28 are exactly-- and I repeat, exactly-- the same length, 10 minutes and 24 seconds long. :hmm:

Well, I must say this: amazing consistency, Bhavya! :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 1:14 pm Both Helfer 8 and 9 are PL OK!
Great reading, Benderca! I heard the voice credit (in your normal reading voice) and wondered how you were going to manage a "goblin voice", or if you were going to at all. I was pleasantly surprised!
I'm going to mark these PL OK, and if Elijah/David/both disagree with the sound effects, we can just cut those out during editing time.

Thanks & God bless,
Rachel
Thanks, Rachel! Hee hee... funny little voices are my favorite! I've read so many children's books to my daughter, and I've always had to come up with wacky little voices. It's too much fun! Thanks for PLing!

God bless you,
TJ
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 2:51 pm I'm alright with the little sound effect
So...we can just use it, then? Or should we ask David first? It doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but I don't know if it's OK according to LV standards.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~