COMPLETE Harper's Young People, Issue 16 - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DianaS
Posts: 654
Joined: December 28th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Post by DianaS » April 23rd, 2019, 11:02 am

HI, may I read Section 4 The Song of the Wren?
DianaS
_______________________________

jillebean
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » April 24th, 2019, 12:04 am

Goodbytes wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:36 am
I'd like to read Section 3, with the fairy painters and the Russian sentry.
Edit: this will be my first recording for Librivox - just put me in as Goodbytes, thanks.
Hello! Welcome to LibriVox!

Certainly you may record Section 3! We're glad to have you as part of the project.

I have added you to the LibriVox catalog, you can see your catalog page at: https://librivox.org/reader/13306. You can also get to this by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This is a good place to look to keep track of recordings you've signed up for, to see section details click on the link to "Reader Section Details" which appears just a few lines down from your name.

Again, welcome to LibriVox and enjoy!

Jill

jillebean
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » April 24th, 2019, 12:06 am

susiewhite wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 8:59 am
I'd like to claim #4. My name is Susie White & I'm a new reader.
Hello to another new reader! Welcome to LibriVox!

You may claim Section 4! We're glad to have you as part of the project.

I have added you to the LibriVox catalog, you can see your catalog page at: https://librivox.org/reader/13307. You can also get to this by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This is a good place to look to keep track of recordings you've signed up for, to see section details click on the link to "Reader Section Details" which appears just a few lines down from your name.

Again, welcome to LibriVox and enjoy!

Jill

jillebean
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » April 24th, 2019, 12:08 am

DianaS wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 11:02 am
HI, may I read Section 4 The Song of the Wren?
Sorry, DianaS, that section was claimed but not yet entered in the MW just prior to your claim. The only other section we have left on this one is Section 6, it's a bit longer than Section 4, though. Let me know if you'd like to claim it. Thanks for your interest in the project!

Jill :)

DianaS
Posts: 654
Joined: December 28th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Post by DianaS » April 24th, 2019, 5:06 am

jillebean wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:08 am
DianaS wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 11:02 am
HI, may I read Section 4 The Song of the Wren?
Sorry, DianaS, that section was claimed but not yet entered in the MW just prior to your claim. The only other section we have left on this one is Section 6, it's a bit longer than Section 4, though. Let me know if you'd like to claim it. Thanks for your interest in the project!

Jill :)
Hi Jill,
I will be glad to take Section 6.

Thank you
DianaS
_______________________________

Goodbytes
Posts: 5
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Post by Goodbytes » April 24th, 2019, 7:46 am

jillebean wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:04 am
Hello! Welcome to LibriVox!

Certainly you may record Section 3! We're glad to have you as part of the project.
Great, thanks! It's good to be here. :)

jillebean
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » April 24th, 2019, 3:41 pm

DianaS wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 5:06 am
jillebean wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 12:08 am
DianaS wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 11:02 am
HI, may I read Section 4 The Song of the Wren?
Sorry, DianaS, that section was claimed but not yet entered in the MW just prior to your claim. The only other section we have left on this one is Section 6, it's a bit longer than Section 4, though. Let me know if you'd like to claim it. Thanks for your interest in the project!

Jill :)
Hi Jill,
I will be glad to take Section 6.

Thank you
Thank you! I put you in the MW for Section 6.

Jill

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 423
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » April 26th, 2019, 11:04 am

Josh Kibbey

susiewhite
Posts: 8
Joined: March 10th, 2019, 9:51 am

Post by susiewhite » April 26th, 2019, 11:25 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_04_various_128kb.mp3

Section 4 (The Song of the Wren), time 12:09

Sure hope I'm doing this right!

Perosu1
Posts: 4
Joined: April 9th, 2019, 10:00 am

Post by Perosu1 » April 27th, 2019, 8:30 am

Section 1 completed:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_01_various_128kb.mp3
(13:09)
Checker says ok. Hope it's good. :wink: .

JorWat
Posts: 1349
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » April 27th, 2019, 3:27 pm

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 11:04 am
Here's Section 7:


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_07_various_128kb.mp3
9:41

Thank you!
2:44: Repetition of 'persistent rains followed, until the channels of the rivers became filled with rushing torrents'
susiewhite wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 11:25 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_04_various_128kb.mp3

Section 4 (The Song of the Wren), time 12:09

Sure hope I'm doing this right!
There's a little too much background noise, so you might want to run some noise cleaning
Perosu1 wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 8:30 am
Section 1 completed:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_01_various_128kb.mp3
(13:09)
Checker says ok. Hope it's good. :wink: .
1:47: For a new paragraph, this gap is far too long. I think you should shorten it.
2:21: "There is a young lad" should be "There is a Yankee lad"
7:29: "12050 feet below" should be "1250 feet below"
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 423
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » April 27th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Josh Kibbey

jillebean
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 11:05 am
Location: The Land of 10,000 Lakes, USA

Post by jillebean » April 27th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Thank you all for your sections and Jordan for a lot of careful proof listening!

Jill

susiewhite
Posts: 8
Joined: March 10th, 2019, 9:51 am

Post by susiewhite » April 28th, 2019, 9:05 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_04_various_128kb.mp3

I've adjusted for noise reduction but can't honestly hear much difference. Hope you can!

JorWat
Posts: 1349
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » April 28th, 2019, 1:45 pm

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 5:33 pm
Here's Section 7 for Spot PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_07_various_128kb.mp3
9:36

Thank you!
PL OK
susiewhite wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 9:05 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/hyp016_04_various_128kb.mp3

I've adjusted for noise reduction but can't honestly hear much difference. Hope you can!
That is the exact same file. I have replaced it myself, though, so it's PL OK now.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Post Reply