[Complete]The Complete Works of Brann, the Iconoclast, Volume 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Michele, please PL Chapter 32 for me.
It's only 10 minutes long.
Thanks.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Updated/Fixed the Project Summary and the Notes column in the Dashboard and, therefore, in the MW.

After the last section (32) is proofed, the project will be ready to be cataloged.

Many thanks to all the wonderful Readers, my DPL Michele, and the exalted leaders who saved me from various errors in this, my first, BC gig.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: June 10th, 2019, 9:07 am Uploaded chapter 32 "Talmage the Turgid"
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/dred_32_hbstowe_128kb.mp3 10:13
I will try to PL this today. It's a short file.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Dred 32

Only thing I noticed that seems to me to matter would be at:

3:38 Talmage's "voluble tongue", you say valuable

That would be "quite contrary"!

Nice that he favorably mentioned Beecher at the end, presuming it to be Harriet's famous brother Henry Ward, or her famous father Lymen Beecher, or one of her other two brothers -- all preachers.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: June 10th, 2019, 3:58 pm PL Notes Dred 32

3:38 Talmage's "voluble tongue", you say valuable
Thank you Michele.
I have handled vOLuble/vALuable and PL OKed it.

This should wrap up the project.
I'm not sure what else I need to do to trigger the cataloging process.
Maybe Lynne will be notified automatically when the Assigned and Completed percentages go to 100%
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: June 11th, 2019, 5:43 am This should wrap up the project.
Maybe Lynne will be notified automatically when the Assigned and Completed percentages go to 100%
No, the MC isn't notified automatically. It need him/her to keep an eye on things. You can always send a PM as an alert, if you're concerned your MC isn't checking in often enough.

I'll work on this now.

Edit: I notice section 32 has the wrong file name -- and is sufficiently 'off' to look like it is the wrong project. Can you check what is going on before I proceed? Thanks.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: June 11th, 2019, 9:39 am
williamjones wrote: June 11th, 2019, 5:43 am This should wrap up the project.
No, the MC isn't notified automatically. It need him/her to keep an eye on things. You can always send a PM as an alert, if you're concerned your MC isn't checking in often enough.

I'll work on this now.

Edit: I notice section 32 has the wrong file name -- and is sufficiently 'off' to look like it is the wrong project. Can you check what is going on before I proceed? Thanks.
DUMB Ol' Bill!
It's just a name change, the content is correct.
I'll rename an re-upload now.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: June 11th, 2019, 5:43 am I'm not sure what else I need to do to trigger the cataloging process.
As BC, I just check the MW for accuracy, spiff up the summary to my satisfaction, add keywords* as desired, then post a message that the project is complete. I've always supposed the MC is subscribed to the project just as I am, thus gets that post immediately via email or bookmark, and commences to catalogue only after I say "go", usually within a day or two, or as their schedule permits.

*Adding keywords can be a challenge if the MC has removed that line from the data under the MW. Some do. Some don't, but you can always ask them to share what's there and make the adjustments you want. I find it easier to add keywords once I've actually read or proofed the whole book.

I have never heard of any "percentages of completeness" being generated, certainly none the BC can see. The sections are either all done, or they aren't.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Headed to the catalog.

Any changes to the blurb or keywords don’t get automatically transferred to the final project (it’s just a simple copy and paste, but the MC needs to know it needs to be done). Keywords help listeners using the advanced search feature in the catalog, but are not essential.

The percentage assigned/completed appears in the MW, above the DPL’s name. It’s automatically updated, but, so far as I can see, doesn’t serve any function apart from a quick reference, without having to scroll through the MW to see how many sections are still open.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: June 11th, 2019, 1:42 pm The percentage assigned/completed appears in the MW, above the DPL’s name. It’s automatically updated, but, so far as I can see, doesn’t serve any function apart from a quick reference, without having to scroll through the MW to see how many sections are still open.
I've never noticed it before!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-complete-works-of-brann-the-iconoclast-volume-1-by-william-cowper-brann/

Congratulations, everyone, and to Bill on your first BC project :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: