COMPLETE [solo] The Secret Tomb by Maurice le Blanc - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SaraHale wrote: May 18th, 2019, 8:29 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 8:20 am I'll fix them at some point today. Some of those look confusing to listeners :wink:
Thank you, Campbell, for being kind. Chapter 11 is "see PL Notes".

Talk to you very soon! :D
Thanks for your careful PLing. Fixed them, couldn't get my tones to match but I'm OK with that. Hope it's better.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 1:57 pm Thanks for your careful PLing. Fixed them, couldn't get my tones to match but I'm OK with that. Hope it's better.
Are you truly happy with the careful PLing? Is that what you want? Because for some reason, there is background noise in the recording that wasn't before.

Background Noise of the first file was 24.2 dB while the second is 45.0 dB.

I'm really sorry for troubling you. Please let me know what notes should I point for you in the following chapters. Also please know that I'm just pointing out what I've noticed but that doesn't mean that you are forced to fix them. Okay?
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: May 18th, 2019, 2:43 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 1:57 pm Thanks for your careful PLing. Fixed them, couldn't get my tones to match but I'm OK with that. Hope it's better.
Are you truly happy with the careful PLing? Is that what you want? Because for some reason, there is background noise in the recording that wasn't before.

Background Noise of the first file was 24.2 dB while the second is 45.0 dB.

I'm really sorry for troubling you. Please let me know what notes should I point for you in the following chapters. Also please know that I'm just pointing out what I've noticed but that doesn't mean that you are forced to fix them. Okay?
I love the careful PLing. I want my recordings to be as perfect as I can make that, and the only way that happens is if someone comes through and points every little slip up that I make :lol:. You are free to point out any tiny note. Even if you can't tell. If you are unsure that I said a certain word, listeners will also be unsure. As for the noise, I saw that on Checker too. However, when I listened to it I didn't hear anything. Did you? Sometimes certain files come back with what Checker says is remarkably loud background noise but there isn't. Again, I didn't hear anything (but then again, now it's raining very heavily so that could be it). If you hear it I will fix it, if not I won't in fear of making my voice tinny.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 2:47 pm I love the careful PLing. I want my recordings to be as perfect as I can make that, and the only way that happens is if someone comes through and points every little slip up that I make :lol:. You are free to point out any tiny note. Even if you can't tell. If you are unsure that I said a certain word, listeners will also be unsure. As for the noise, I saw that on Checker too. However, when I listened to it I didn't hear anything. Did you? Sometimes certain files come back with what Checker says is remarkably loud background noise but there isn't. Again, I didn't hear anything (but then again, now it's raining very heavily so that could be it). If you hear it I will fix it, if not I won't in fear of making my voice tinny.
That's great! Actually, I'm the same. I even want points when it comes to the reading style/pace. Don't worry, yours are PERFECT. And I'm truly enjoying the book because of you. :9:

So, to discuss the background noise. Personally, I didn't hear it while you are speaking. I even checked the end silence and I couldn't hear it as well even If I truned up the volume. We are good to go. :thumbs:

Thank you. :D
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: May 18th, 2019, 2:57 pm And I'm truly enjoying the book because of you.
Thanks. Hope to get the next one in shortly, but like I said it's raining hard and will be tomorrow (it's too late to be raining!)
SaraHale wrote: May 18th, 2019, 2:57 pm So, to discuss the background noise. Personally, I didn't hear it while you are speaking. I even checked the end silence and I couldn't hear it as well even If I truned up the volume. We are good to go.
Glad to hear that. Wonder what Checker saw.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 3:02 pm Thanks. Hope to get the next one in shortly, but like I said it's raining hard and will be tomorrow (it's too late to be raining!)
You're welcome. That's okay, take your time. The weather here is about 32 C.
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 18th, 2019, 3:02 pm Glad to hear that. Wonder what Checker saw.
Something that we couldn't hear ourselves. :lol:

Good night! It's midnight now

Talk to you soon! :D
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 12 is up. Warning, detailed description of a corpse. Enjoy!
Campbell
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Just came here to say that you both are doing a great job, almost two thirds done already! :thumbs: A pleasure to watch you both work on this as great team.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 19th, 2019, 9:03 pm Chapter 12 is up. Warning, detailed description of a corpse. Enjoy!
Hey Campbell,

I'm sorry for taking so long to PL the chapter. And thanks for the warning. I did enjoy your narration. You did it very well. Good job! :clap:

Chapter 12 is PL OK

I do have 2 personal PL notes. Feel free to disagree. :D

@0:19
Her companions, their eyes fixed on her,
There isn't a pause. It felt rushed to me.

@26:31.0
this man will awake from sleep!
awake isn't clear to me. I might be wrong.

Other than that, The narration is word-perfect. :thumbs:

Have an awesome day! :D
Last edited by SaraHale on May 22nd, 2019, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kikisaulite wrote: May 21st, 2019, 3:07 am Just came here to say that you both are doing a great job, almost two thirds done already! :thumbs: A pleasure to watch you both work on this as great team.
Thanks, Kristine. I can't wait for the listeners to enjoy this book as much as I am. :9: Please, feel free to give me constructive criticism in case I overdid the PLing. I'll do my best to be better. :D
lymiewithpurpose

Kikisaulite wrote: May 21st, 2019, 3:07 am Just came here to say that you both are doing a great job, almost two thirds done already! :thumbs: A pleasure to watch you both work on this as great team.
Thanks for the encouragement, really having fun with this. Thanks both of you for completing the great team.
SaraHale wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 11:00 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 19th, 2019, 9:03 pm Chapter 12 is up. Warning, detailed description of a corpse. Enjoy!
Hey Campbell,

I'm sorry for taking so long to PL the chapter. And thanks for the warning. I did enjoy your narration. You did it very well. Good job! :clap:

Chapter 12 is PL OK

I do have 2 personal PL notes. Feel free to disagree. :D

@0:19
Her companions, their eyes fixed on her,
There isn't a pause. It felt rushed to me.

@26:31.0
this man will awake from sleep!
awake isn't clear to me. I might be wrong.

Other than that, The narration is word-perfect. :thumbs:

Have an awesome day! :D
Thanks for the notes, corrected them. For the first one I merely inserted space, let me know if that sounds too artificial. I re recorded the second one. And don't worry about level of PLing, I asked for it!
Campbell
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

SaraHale wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 11:05 pm Please, feel free to give me constructive criticism in case I overdid the PLing. I'll do my best to be better. :D

I was going to answer something like this:

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 8:59 pm And don't worry about level of PLing, I asked for it!
If the reader is comfortable with a more detailed PLing than the standard required by Librivox - then no problem, enjoy the book! :thumbs:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 8:59 pm Thanks for the notes, corrected them. For the first one I merely inserted space, let me know if that sounds too artificial. I re recorded the second one.
You're welcome! Thanks for the correction. Yes, space is just what I had in mind too. Not artificial, much better. The second one is perfect.
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 8:59 pmAnd don't worry about level of PLing, I asked for it!
Okay, I'll try. :lol:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kikisaulite wrote: May 24th, 2019, 9:59 am
SaraHale wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 11:05 pm Please, feel free to give me constructive criticism in case I overdid the PLing. I'll do my best to be better. :D

I was going to answer something like this:

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 8:59 pm And don't worry about level of PLing, I asked for it!
If the reader is comfortable with a more detailed PLing than the standard required by Librivox - then no problem, enjoy the book! :thumbs:
Thanks!!! :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Next chapter is up. This plot line is getting chaotic.
Campbell