Quillzwoman

Post by Quillzwoman »

Would like to read Section 7....

Thank you
[[bTracey Buffalo Robe[/b]
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

I see that you have passed the one minute test :thumbs: but i also see that you have claimed a few sections already. As you are just getting started, it is best to pick one or two projects to start with. Is this project one of the projects you will pick or would you like to concentrate on a different project first? No problem either way :) thank you!
Carolin
Quillzwoman

Post by Quillzwoman »

Hi
Thank you for the info! I would definitely like to begin with this reading. I have a very stressful and emotionally devastating career so this is my self care! Lol. Plan on spending a lot of time committed to this.
I would like to use my real name if possible, Tracey BuffaloRobe
[[bTracey Buffalo Robe[/b]
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you tracey! I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13215

You can get started right away! Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
Ruggerbugger

Post by Ruggerbugger »

Hello Carolin,

My name is John Patrick Henry and I would like to participate in your project. I have read through your requirements and followed them to the best of my ability, but this is my first entry... so please be gentle.

I have read the second chapter, "Punch by Brecken."

I have uploaded the file to your servers, and here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/pets_2_swisshelm_128k.mp3

Running time is 4:52.

NOTE: I know there is a "One-Minute Test" but I didn't know if I was required to do that first, or if I needed to get permission before I started. Either way, if you have any questions, please let me know.

If the submission is acceptable, I'd be happy to do more. Its a delightful book.

Thanks again,
John Patrick Henry

Post by Carolin »

Hi john, welcome to librivox!

First things first, i have signed you up! Your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13245

Secondly, the one minute test is not set-in-stone requirement, but it is a way for us to make sure that your technical settings are in order. These technical settings are essential, hence the emphasis on the test.

But as this section is also short, we can check it easily, too :) someone will give you feedback shortly :thumbs:
Carolin
McScotty

Post by McScotty »

May I please have section 10? This sounds like a cat I had when I was a kid, except he was cowed by bluejays.

Please note: this is incorrectly listed in the MW as "Some Spunky Birdy" while the title of the story in the book is "Some Spunky Birds"

Thanks!
--Scott
* I am always looking for constructive input on my reading.
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Here is section 1 - two pet lions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/pets_01_swisshelm_128kb.mp3

length: 9.46
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :D
Carolin
McScotty

Post by McScotty »

--Scott
* I am always looking for constructive input on my reading.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

May I read 15? Whenever I see a story about storks it reminds me of a really fun trip to Alsace a couple years ago.

Thanks,
Scotty
Scotty
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, I was looking at the MW and was going to ask for 15, but Scotty is good for it. My second choice is Section 5.
Did you DPL volunteer not work out? If you're still in need of one, I'll take it.

I was wondering, though, about Section 4 Tom and Others. It is seven chapters and runs on for 44 pages of the book (including illustrations). That's huge.
~ Larry
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

silverquill wrote: March 29th, 2019, 8:25 pm Oh, I was looking at the MW and was going to ask for 15, but Scotty is good for it.
Thanks, Larry. I did record this one already, though it was a kind of sad story, as true ones often are I guess. I’ll wait for the MW to upload. Awesome of you to DPL!
Scotty
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ruggerbugger wrote: March 24th, 2019, 1:17 pm Hello Carolin,

My name is John Patrick Henry and I would like to participate in your project. I have read through your requirements and followed them to the best of my ability, but this is my first entry... so please be gentle.

I have read the second chapter, "Punch by Brecken."

I have uploaded the file to your servers, and here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/pets_2_swisshelm_128k.mp3

Running time is 4:52.

NOTE: I know there is a "One-Minute Test" but I didn't know if I was required to do that first, or if I needed to get permission before I started. Either way, if you have any questions, please let me know.

If the submission is acceptable, I'd be happy to do more. Its a delightful book.

Thanks again,
John Patrick Henry
Jumping in to do some proof listening....

What a wonderful rendition of this passage! So well done. :clap:

Just a couple of technical issues that we usually iron out in the one-minute test.

1). The volume is too low. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB. Yours comes in at only 84.4 dB. This is easily corrected. If you are using Audacity, just use the Amplification feature and set it to 4.6 and you will be good.

2). We also need 5 seconds of silence at the end, and you have less than one second.

3). Your file name is incorrect. We need to have the leading zero (02) so that the sections will sort properly.

So, just make the above corrections, upload it again and post the link and note here with the new file length.

If you need help with any of us, just give a shout. This tech stuff will become second nature soon, and then you can do what you love most -- read. And, I hope to hear much more of your fine voice here on LibriVox! :)
~ Larry